Opel and Vauxhall Return to Gran Turismo With Corsa GSE Vision Gran Turismo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 173 comments
  • 33,037 views
Here's the Vauxhall-badged version, with the purple (I approve) GT logo and presented as what looks like an in-game model:

View attachment 1473498


Amusingly, there's nothing from GT about this car yet...

As a side-note, does anyone know if @adam thompson is okay? It's been 12hr and he hasn't pooped on my efforts to bring as much clarity to this information as possible yet in the mistaken belief that it passes opinion on the content itself...
So the logos are on the opposite sides of where the driver is. I assume the Opel will have the steering wheel on the left and the Vauxhall will have the steering wheel on the right.

Regarding Skoda guys, keep in mind that this was a private initiative by their designers.
 
I can't wait to plaster the Vauxhall with MAX POWER stickers.
 
Are Opel/Vauxhall in any modern games? And if so: do they work like they used to in GT where they have identical rosters but different badging, or do they get distinct lineups these days?
 
Silhouette's could be as soon as Friday. Hopefully it's 5+.
Given the "autumn" window stated by Stellantis, the Corsa(s) won't be in August's update. It'll be September 25th at the earliest, to take into account the "reveal" at IAA Munich on 8th and the appearances at GTWS in Berlin on 20th.
 
Another brand with an amazing back-catalogue of cars, and we get an electric batmobile, just like Skoda. I get that plenty of people like the forward-looking VGT stuff but Gran Turismo has historically been about two things;

1. It lets me drive desirable REAL cars I have no hope of experiencing in the real world (Opel Calibra DTM, Lotus Carlton, Vauxhall Chevette HSR)
2. It lets me take a 1.4 Litre Vauxhall Corsa and dump 200 grand into it so it'll outrun a Dodge Viper

VGT does neither. Once again, I know plenty of people will be excited about this one, but for me and many others I'm sure, it'll get used once.
I get what you mean but VGT stuff arrived for GT6 in 2013 at the 15th anniversary of the franchise.
GT has historically been about what you mention and we all love the game for that but I think its time to accept that the VGT side of the game has came to stay and I see it as important for the life of the franchise as the 2 points that you mention before.
 
So the logos are on the opposite sides of where the driver is. I assume the Opel will have the steering wheel on the left and the Vauxhall will have the steering wheel on the right.
Actually, from the images of the press release, both cars have the steering wheel on the left side. Could change in the future, I guess.

Also, I wouldn't give much thought about the position of the GT logo. In some images it's present on both sides, for both cars, while other times it is not. :boggled:

For example, here's another angle of the Opel, and there's no GT logo in sight:

1755697877089.webp
 
Are Opel/Vauxhall in any modern games? And if so: do they work like they used to in GT where they have identical rosters but different badging, or do they get distinct lineups these days?
The brands are in modern games, but rarely with modern vehicles. I think the newest is the 2016 Corsa VXR in Forza Horizon 5 (which has no Opel equivalent [Corsa OPC] in-game; the only Opel in FH5 is the Manta Gr.B).

That said, there's also few from either brand before the period beginning in the late-70s/early-80s where they became English/European names for the same cars.
 
The Vauxhall looks like a futuristic rendition of a VW Bug.

Too bad we don't get either brand here in the States. Makes having them in game a little less... compelling.
 
Looks like a car that was built on a 3d printer.
Hope they add the second gen corsa one day, it was in gt2 in all its pixelated glory
 
GT7 users and fans have been clamoring for Opel & Vauxhall DTM cars, as featured in previous game versions. Most (as far as I can tell) users are not fans of VGTs.

This announcement is about as comical as things can get. It's just insulting at this point.
 
Oh, the door that this just opened...

I'm already daydreaming about the possibilites of Kadetts, Astras, Corsas and Vectras being part of the car list

Still, the car itself is pretty cool, I'm all in for huge performance in such a small package
 
Last edited:
GT7 users and fans have been clamoring for Opel & Vauxhall DTM cars, as featured in previous game versions.
Unfortunately these were as fake as the cloned MX-5s. There were never any Vauxhall DTM cars.

The Calibra sort-of gets a pass, as there was a Opel Calibra V6 4x4 in DTM specification raced in Opel team colours but with Vauxhall badging and "Vauxhall Team Joest" branding: Manuel Reuter's car at the ITC event at Donington in 1995. JJ Lehto's car bore the same branding but in a different livery, and both were officially Opel Team Joest entries but not in DTM:

1755705106483.webp

1755705150141.webp



In other news, the I've been told by relevant PR personnel that the Corsa GSE will be in-game as an Opel only, and have updated the article to reflect this.
 
Last edited:
As long as Opel doesn't get shafted as badly as Skoda did, then I'm... content with this.

Just wish, as usual, that the game actually let you do anything to the VGTs instead of pretending they're some shining beacon of automotive perfection that couldn't dare be touched by the filthy hands of the playerbase. Imagine whipping one of these around with a Gr.B engine swap and a 6-speed short 'box. I might actually consider driving it then. :P
 
Finally!

I'm kidding i couldn't care less about GT7 and vision GT cars, i will only reinstall GT7 if they add a new track.
I don't care how good and desirable are the cars they add, i'm so ******* bored of GT7 at this point...
 
Nice to have the Opel brand back. Hopefully we get the Astra J OPC in the game at some point. As far as hot hatches go it probably has the best design out of all of them.

opel_astra_gtc_opc_03.webp

opel_astra_gtc_opc_07.webp
 
Last edited:
why not yes!! I wonder how many models have been imported since gt6 without going through gt sport!??

I counted 22 imported from GT6 in updates, others will have the exact figures! Place to the expert.....
Opel is a brand with huge story and it was huge biggest dissapointment when gt kill it.. i can wait to see more opel cars from past!!
 
In other news, the I've been told by relevant PR personnel that the Corsa GSE will be in-game as an Opel only, and have updated the article to reflect this.
That is a bit of a shame, I know it's only a badge but I liked how we had something slightly different here.
 
Was this in some way unclear?
Opel/Vauxhall wishlists here:


Individual Opel/Vauxhall car Suggestions (and voting on existing car Suggestions) here:

I think there's a newish one in FM2023 as well, but race cars are their own deal really.
 
As I wrote in the article, "autumn" is the only time given. That rules out August.

The likely timeline is (also in the article): model reveal at IAA Munich on September 8, model at GTWS Berlin on September 20 (and don't be surprised to see it in Nations qualifying), and in-game on September 25.
That's 2 "read the article" 's which means I have take 2 drinks again... :lol:
Given the "autumn" window stated by Stellantis, the Corsa(s) won't be in August's update. It'll be September 25th at the earliest, to take into account the "reveal" at IAA Munich on 8th and the appearances at GTWS in Berlin on 20th.
Of Corsa.
As long as Opel doesn't get shafted as badly as Skoda did, then I'm... content with this.

Just wish, as usual, that the game actually let you do anything to the VGTs instead of pretending they're some shining beacon of automotive perfection that couldn't dare be touched by the filthy hands of the playerbase. Imagine whipping one of these around with a Gr.B engine swap and a 6-speed short 'box. I might actually consider driving it then. :P
You only get "shafted" if you do the weekly challenges ;)
 
The grille area does remind me kinda of the DF8-90 from GTA IV.

1755719889786.webp
 
As long as Opel doesn't get shafted as badly as Skoda did, then I'm... content with this.

Just wish, as usual, that the game actually let you do anything to the VGTs instead of pretending they're some shining beacon of automotive perfection that couldn't dare be touched by the filthy hands of the playerbase. Imagine whipping one of these around with a Gr.B engine swap and a 6-speed short 'box. I might actually consider driving it then. :P
What are you trying to say? I'm sure you know something we don't... There is another Opel going with it?
 
Back