Very fond of this indeed. In production form it'd really get me thinking as to whether I'd prefer it over the Toyota S-FR (which I also hope will hit the roads). And that is not something I ever thought I'd say about a Vauxhall.
Wonder who'll come out of the woodwork next with a front-engined, rear-drive, sub-ton sports car? With this, the S-FR, the MX-5 and the Fiat 124 there's already quite a nice list developing, and each is really visually-distinctive too.
Nissan would be the obvious one, but not sure whether they have the corporate balls. Partner Renault definitely has the balls, it's never really done anything like that before. RWD yes, with oddities like the Clio V6, or much older models like the Renault 8, but nothing in this form. Anyway, Renault's next sports car will be the Alpine, and that'll be mid-engined and more expensive.
Struggling to think who else has heritage in this kind of thing. Alfa? Not with the 124 in existence. Ford? Hot hatches are really Ford's equivalent these days. One of the Korean ones could probably do it - they have zero sports car heritage but they do have a lot to prove, and Kia in particular has hinted along the right lines with concepts. Most other manufacturers would miss the point (the Germans would do it too big, heavy and powerful) and everyone else (the French) would probably go with front-wheel drive, if they were making a small, light coupe.