Opel + Viper engine = WHOA!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter pimp racer
  • 18 comments
  • 1,255 views
Messages
4,805
No clue what model this is but HOT DAMN! This is one nice opel and then a viper engine in it? :faints:

*CLICK IMAGE TO MAKE BIGGER*







 
:odd: Kinda resembles a longer Datsun 510 to me. Viper engine huh... ? Don't know if I like this.
 
Wow, that is cool.
Just not this cool.

No more information about the Vipopel? Since we don't get them over here, I don't even know what model that is to search for. Looks like the pictures got scanned out of a magazine...
 
:odd: Is there a reason the shock absorber towers are sticking out of the hood?
 
What is that orange car, and whats so special of it?
 
ND4SPD
What is that orange car, and whats so special of it?

- Max. 578Hp at 6300rpm, over 500Hp from 5200 to 7700rpm
- Max. 706Nm at 4900rpm, over 600Nm from 4300 to 6600rpm
- Best ET: 10.520s
 
Bahbo
- Max. 578Hp at 6300rpm, over 500Hp from 5200 to 7700rpm
- Max. 706Nm at 4900rpm, over 600Nm from 4300 to 6600rpm
- Best ET: 10.520s
But it doesnt look as nice as the one I posted for sure!
 
Bahbo
- Max. 578Hp at 6300rpm, over 500Hp from 5200 to 7700rpm
- Max. 706Nm at 4900rpm, over 600Nm from 4300 to 6600rpm
- Best ET: 10.520s

What car is it though, and whats powering it?
 
What's so special about a Viper engine? Only 2 valves per cylinder make it quite a slow responder. 4 valves would do wonders for that engine.
 
toyomatt84
What's so special about a Viper engine? Only 2 valves per cylinder make it quite a slow responder. 4 valves would do wonders for that engine.

But just look at the car that the engine is in! Its hella light weight for sure! I bet under 1500 lb's.
 
ND4SPD
What car is it though, and whats powering it?

its an Opel Manta I believe, powered by a highly moddifed volvo engine, i'm pretty sure its the 2.3L 4 cyl used in alot of the 200 series and 700 series volvos. I heard somewhere that it is both supercharged and turbocharged 👍
 
The Orange one (which I linked to ages ago) is an Opel Manta A model.

[Edit:] And it's correct.. The Orange beast is both turboed and supercharged. And almost everything is built by hand by a 24 year old swede (who probably knows his way around a welder and an atom-relocator...)

The Viper powered is an Opel Commodore A model. (I have a C model, just not a load of Viper engines lying around...)
 
pimp racer
But just look at the car that the engine is in! Its hella light weight for sure! I bet under 1500 lb's.


True, but why not drop in a much better performer? Say RB26DETT? :D
 
toyomatt84
True, but why not drop in a much better performer? Say RB26DETT? :D

RB26
Viper

Hmmm, got_torque?

I suppose their reasoning behind using a V10 was simply that, to have 10 cylinders that just to happened to come from a very recognisable car.

Wank factor..
 
Taurine
RB26
Viper

Hmmm, got_torque?

I suppose their reasoning behind using a V10 was simply that, to have 10 cylinders that just to happened to come from a very recognisable car.

Wank factor..

Naah.. Because it'll fit in the engine bay...
 
Flerbizky
Naah.. Because it'll fit in the engine bay...

Just smash the engine bay around with a hammer and she'll be right mate.. 👍
 
Taurine
Just smash the engine bay around with a hammer and she'll be right mate.. 👍

heh.. If he'd smashed it, he would've been able to fit a twin turbo setup as well (Goodbye RB26).. The engine bay in those old Commies are gigantic !
 
I imagine it would have a fairly nice induction growl with those filters.. :trouble:

.. he could still get some turbos on there.


.. somewhere.
 
Back