[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
Thanx!! . Played gt sport all afternoon, bit of practice this evening, surprised it went that well. @ROBQT you pushed the pace up very well the first couple of laps, shame you had to back off, would've been a good battle.
Tires got real hot trying to keep up had a lil spin hard not to over drive the vette on softs

Congratulations on the win Rick, you where flying out there. Had a bad start again, again, and had trouble getting passed Andrew, then I had Nemesis-Reaper in front of me, he was much faster than me. Then for the last stint of the race I had a close fair clean tough battle with wittedave:tup::cheers:.

You guys are becoming much faster, I had no chance today, respect. Thanks yet again @andrew1990 for the race. See you later..

Tires got real hot trying to keep up had a lil spin hard not to over drive the vette on softs

Drove on softs also, temperatures with my setup worked well, no overheating. Guys there is maintenance on the GT Sport network. So don't worry if you're still downloading it, you can't play

Oh man. What a race. I can't believe I had 3Rd on pace. The box that props my pedals got stuck behind the accelerator and I didn't notice until @hobbsy overtook me.

Great race guys!

I did wonder why you seem to give the place up with no fight! Kind of made the hardwork I put in to catch you up, feel like a hollow victory... Then I noticed you gain the ground back, and the race was back on :)

Some good (and close) racing at the start, then I was looking up the inside of whittedave and massively missed my brake point. I knew I could stop, and didn't want to smash into dave, so I let it run on and shot into the gravel trap.
So was quite pleased to find myself back in third at the end.

GTS here I come.... Or maybe not.

Points from tonight! Very close in qualifying and race fastest laps in the midfield (in qp that was most of the field!).

GTSport back up for me as I'm posting this!

Attachments

• European GT2 Series 2 Points & Results.xlsx
    15.9 KB · Views: 20
My race, including mental race start, off track, Ray of hope when ROBQT crashed, pedal problems and hassling @hobbsy
c5Ke6z22Db4

Last edited:
Another reminder of the race on Monday now that the GTSport demo is over. I have to say that I really enjoyed it and the lobby system works well still.
The demo didn't do much for me ffb way too heavy couldn't race only had a quick go on it, only a demo though, I'm sure the full game will be sweet. Has anybody run any laps round brands hatch yet??

Has anyone tried PCARS2

Lol, I was going to ask the same question too.

Interested in your comments on GTS FFB, what wheel do you use again?

I’m using a T500, and to me the weight of the wheel felt much the same as other sims, detail in that communication, was at a lower level than AC for example. Also the circuit surface felt pretty smooth, which is typical of GT. With regards to the cars, my first go was in the MX5. This gave me the immediate sensation the car felt much lighter with the general balance (particularly the back end) needing to be managed more. However after about 5 minutes of this, I had compensated for it, and was enjoying the game without having to think too much about what was going on.
Once I jumped into a GT4 and GT3 machines soon after, the only real thing I became cautious of, was putting the full power down to soon! The snap oversteer caught me a few times, but just as before, adjusted my style and was happily putting faster and faster laps.

The only thing that sticks in my mind, is the Group X cars feeling exceptionally forgiving! I can recall several times running into a corner to hot, suffering understeer. But applying some trail braking seemed to bring it back under control. Which just felt too easy ?!

Project Cars 2 still has my interest though, I would like to get it butt intentionally holding back for several reasons. 1. Bugs, 2. AC, 3.GTS, 4. Having too many games to play!

The track count is the biggest draw for me, not bothered about live track 3.0

However, I’m currently bidding on a used copy on eBay, if I find it cheap enough... ;)

I’m using a T500, and to me the weight of the wheel felt much the same as other sims, detail in that communication, was at a lower level than AC for example. Also the circuit surface felt pretty smooth, which is typical of GT. With regards to the cars, my first go was in the MX5. This gave me the immediate sensation the car felt much lighter with the general balance (particularly the back end) needing to be managed more. However after about 5 minutes of this, I had compensated for it, and was enjoying the game without having to think too much about what was going on.
Once I jumped into a GT4 and GT3 machines soon after, the only real thing I became cautious of, was putting the full power down to soon! The snap oversteer caught me a few times, but just as before, adjusted my style and was happily putting faster and faster laps.

The only thing that sticks in my mind, is the Group X cars feeling exceptionally forgiving! I can recall several times running into a corner to hot, suffering understeer. But applying some trail braking seemed to bring it back under control. Which just felt too easy ?!

Project Cars 2 still has my interest though, I would like to get it butt intentionally holding back for several reasons. 1. Bugs, 2. AC, 3.GTS, 4. Having too many games to play!

However, I’m currently bidding on a used copy on eBay, if I find it cheap enough... ;)

Not tried on a wheel, but imo its the best of the 3 available on a controller, makes gts feel like an arcade game and has masses more variety than ac. Live track is seriously good as well (I hated previous attempts at weather but this really works), as you actually need to change how you drive based on puddles etc as they do affect the car rather than just reducing the grip everywhere like in previous attempts at weather.

I don't have and probably won't get PCars 2 to be honest. I know that GTSport is closer to an arcade game by comparison, but the physics are a step up for it.

I'm happy to run a second series on AC if people want it, but I'm equally happy to do something on GTSport provided everyone has it.

This year's T300 alcantara. I only drove mx5 could hardly turn wheel so I stopped driving and only able to do first 8 driving stages, still be getting game though

I don't have and probably won't get PCars 2 to be honest. I know that GTSport is closer to an arcade game by comparison, but the physics are a step up for it.

I'm happy to run a second series on AC if people want it, but I'm equally happy to do something on GTSport provided everyone has it.
I can't see me getting PCARS2 for a while

I will eventually be getting PCars 2, but only because of the track roaster.

Yes I just did some laps on the Brands Hatch. This track is very tight, it's going to be tough for position. Just my opinion, I think a layout like the Classic Silverstone would have been much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back