[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
Assetto Corsa has been good to us. Just wish it was a bit more polished.

Loved GT Sport, though. That demo was addicting. Spent far too much time in Sport mode, though. ended up with a C SR and just got punted whenever I got in the lead. Couple of times I got DSQd because of multiple bumps in a sector! I guess I just have to keep a wide berth whenever possible and not actually race until I'm grouped with higher SR folks.

That new Special Stage with all the GR.1s on the second day was carnage.

Assetto Corsa has given us 2 seasons of racing which is nothing to complain about, especially when considering how active the forums on here are for it.

I did spend far too much time and far too little sleep on the GTSport demo. A tip for increasing SR is to drop back from the pack if starting mid to rear and race on your own to get clean sectors. Your driver rating goes down but it gives you the chance to get the A or S to get you in cleaner lobbies. I got mine up to S this way. My DR is only a D but I should be able to get it up to a C again. The difference was huge and you could tell that people were trying to race cleanly.

I suspect that my next series here on GTPlanet will be on GTSport. I'll make sure to tag everyone so you get a chance to sign up. Thinking Group 4 to start with using all cars and PD BoP. Then filter the cars down for series 2 and make a BoP from there. It's the same plan I have for another group I race/organise in so would make sense to halve the workload. I'm open to thoughts and feedback on how we run it etc but I'll put a few things together for the first season and post in the next week.

I will be droping our of the remaning races
Dissapointed you won't be racing tonight and next week. I was looking forward hopefully having a good race with you tonight.

Brands Hatch is going to be hairy. Very difficult circuit
Its a rhythm circuit. If you don't get into a rhythm its going to be a very tough race. One of the few circuits that I really enjoy just hotlapping

Last edited:
Hi Andrew, personal life stuff today prevents me to play tonight. I'm looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport myself, and I like that you will host a season race. Have a good race everyone, remember to keep it clean. See you later:tup::)
Sorry to hear that geezer, take it easy, catch ya later hopefully :)

Dissapointed you won't be racing tonight and next week. I was looking forward hopefully having a good race with you tonight.

Its a rhythm circuit. If you don't get into a rhythm its going to be a very tough race. One of the few circuits that I really enjoy just hotlapping
1'24,s wtf fair play

Points will be done tomorrow. I didn't practice enough (I blame the GTS demo!) and just wasn't with it tonight. Good win @Cuber Tom

How many of you all will be around for the final race at the Nordschleife VLN layout for 5 laps? If people are wanting to play GTS then I completely understand. If we all have GTS then there is the option to use the Group 3 equivalent cars instead and race on there. I'll throw it out to all of you to help decide. Thank you for turning up and racing again!

Points will be done tomorrow. I didn't practice enough (I blame the GTS demo!) and just wasn't with it tonight. Good win @Cuber Tom

How many of you all will be around for the final race at the Nordschleife VLN layout for 5 laps? If people are wanting to play GTS then I completely understand. If we all have GTS then there is the option to use the Group 3 equivalent cars instead and race on there. I'll throw it out to all of you to help decide. Thank you for turning up and racing again!
There's a good change I'll have to miss next race, I also don't really know the track well. I'll try to make it because if i do I think the championship will be close

I dont have plans to buy GT Sport. Not enough real world tracks, ffb felt dull (I didn't have time to mess with ffb setting so may be wrong about this) and I always wait before buying the game.
Although I really liked sport mode and the way it worked

Points! It looks like Rick might have it, but we'll need to see how the final round and the drop score affects it all. Could be close at the top!

Attachments

• European GT2 Series 2 Points & Results.xlsx
    15.8 KB · Views: 17
What's GTSport like then lads???

I'm enjoying it. I can see that a wheel user would have a general advantage over a pad user, but it's very accessible from the start. Graphics are beautiful just like the demo.

Haven't been online yet in the full game, but I do know that there'll be a similar series to the GTP Sports Car Series being run by the same person at some point if that interests anyone here? I ran a team in the 2015 season so know a bit about the rules etc. PM me if you want any more information/the idea of racing in it interests you.

Latest Posts

Back