Opening/Closing the roof in cabrio/convertible cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chaz_
  • 146 comments
  • 53,796 views
Wait so no driving with the top down in game in any car? /cry i got my hopes up reading the topic of this thread and reading the first several posts shot down my hopes... pls say it aint so *begs*
 
On my controller, I have it set where L3 beeps my horn, R3 activates my windshield wipers and R4 opens and closes my top.

Beat me to it!

Only on Forza they do useless stuff like opening doors and roofs...

Test drive unlimited 2 allowed you to do it.
 
Sort of on but off the subject. When I was at the nurburgring on 9th July a mx5 ( miata ) rolled onto it's roof ! Not sure if ending up in the gravel upside down was better than on track but I think this is good reason why roofs are up lol not like you get hurt in the game though lol
 
TheMadHatta
Wait so no driving with the top down in game in any car? /cry i got my hopes up reading the topic of this thread and reading the first several posts shot down my hopes... pls say it aint so *begs*

Same here my friend. Sometimes pD dissapoints
 
When I raced the California its top was down...
 
Nothing like driving the Art Morrison Corvette'60 in the rain with its top down!
 
I'm looking to do some cruising in a nice convertible, and I would like to see my options. God I wish that Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport with a targa top was in the game, but I digress... Thanks for any help in advance.
 
it's real simple. the only convertible that stays a convertible when you drive it is a ferrari california (provided you dont add a wing).

this excludes cars like the shelby cobra.

the others, the top comes up when you drive.
 
esoxhntr
it's real simple. the only convertible that stays a convertible when you drive it is a ferrari california (provided you dont add a wing).

this excludes cars like the shelby cobra.

the others, the top comes up when you drive.

Damn. Although I would still like a list of those excluded the the Cobra and Prowler.
 
With an avatar like that, can't you just hang your head out of the window? :)
 
Are you asking for just open top cars or solely convertibles?
 
Blitz24
Are you asking for just open top cars or solely convertibles?

Well, I guess open tops in general.
 
Suzuki GSX R/4 Concept'01 and the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.

edit:Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
 
Here's one from me, Mr. Blatantly Obvious...all of the Karts. :D

Also, the Chap 2J.
 
I hate when I spend a bunch of money for a convertible only to find out that when you get in the car the top is up!

What Convertibles have the top down when your in the car?
 
The Art Morisson Vette.
 
The Ferrari California, MX5 TC and the Corvette from Art Morrison are the only open top cars I think.
 
I have a feeling GT Planet was down the other day because of all these duplicate threads you guys start
 
Jay Leno Tank Car
 
Jay Leno Tank Car

Well, if we're including standard cars, then there's the Prowler as well. Looks amazing for a standard too. The Caterham is technically also open top.
 
there are plenty more cars that have the top down or are roofless, for example the shelby cobra, 20m jag and ferrari, and about 10 standards (which are "semi premium"), but as far as I know the california is the only car in which you can get the top back up by buying aero parts.
 
there are plenty more cars that have the top down or are roofless, for example the shelby cobra, 20m jag and ferrari, and about 10 standards (which are "semi premium"), but as far as I know the california is the only car in which you can get the top back up by buying aero parts.

darn it, how could I forget the Awesome Cobra. Such a rediculesly fun car to drive.
 
Back