ORCA • TUNE-FREE RACING: BMW GT SPEC CHALLENGE - Sagarismic Double Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 291 comments
Whats a good lap time around this circuit? I haven't ran any laps yet. Going to try and run a few Before the room opens up tonight. Thanks

Ran a 10 lap stint. 2.05.1 I mustered.
Tyres were shot. Lol

Last edited:
Looks like we should expect 8, maybe 9 tonight. It's not 14, but it should make for some decent racing. See you all this evening. 👍

I don't think I'll make it. Count me out. If I'm home in time I might pop in for a looksee.

I'm out to dinner at the moment and running alittle late. So it looks like a game time decision for me. Might make it might not

The room is open for prerace practice. We'll start qualifying around 10 after the hour, give people plenty of time to get in.

Be on at 807ish. I understand if I miss the race but I hope to see yas on track

810. Really trying guys. We got 20 inches of snow the last few days. Trying to get home efficiently without crashing!

Believe it or not. I just came up on a accident a mile away from home. Still gonna make my best effort!!!!!

Last edited:
Im having trouble getting in the room, I keep getting: "Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with the room host"

I got a black screen whilst waiting for qualifying to commence, seemed others had connected, not to worry, will try catch the race next week,

I got same black screen as well. PD is slacking these days. Smh. Oh well. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate the wait guys

We'll be abandoning the automated qualifying from here on out and just doing a 10 minute open track qualifier. Just too many problems.

I presume Saga got pole? For some reason it didn't show me the qualifier results.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Eh, I wasn't able to get my car where it needed to be to successfully navigate Maggots and Beckets and was rewarded with a visit to the wall. By the time I got back on track you guys were half a lap gone.

I presume Saga got pole?
Affirmative. My qualifying lap times were 2'04.786 and 2'05.0.
Aero push in this car is ridiculous.
It's a high downforce car on a high speed circuit, and GT6's wacky physics probably make it even worse than it should be.

I intended to use the dirty air to my advantage while I took care of my tires, however I failed on that account as I constantly kept understeering at T1 and copse. I got bailed out when you made a mistake late in the first stint.

Well I qualified 4th and ended up finishing 4th so there was a bit of symmetry for me last night. Of course, that only happened because I was lucky to pick up a place in the last couple of laps because of hobbsy's fuel starvation problems!

Other than that and the bit of excitement at the start, I had a bit of a lonely race and it was a pity there weren't more competitors out on track. Really looking forward to the next round though, La Sarthe is made for this type of racing.

....it was a pity there weren't more competitors out on track.

Indeed.

From here on out we will revert to open qualifying as we did in GT5. I'll reset the track to clear the times and then we will qualify under "practice" conditions. I've done some testing of this in GT6 and it seems to work just as it did in GT5, probably a little better since once you've entered the track you are "registered" for the race until you unregister (click the little box with the red X).

Two reasons for this. One being that if someone is a few minutes late and the qualifier has started they can't make it into the race. With free run qualifying people can jump in up until the very last minute of qualifying and I can be a bit more flexible about the starting time. Secondly, the black screens before the qualifier loaded were ridiculously long, to the point I was about to reset the PS3 as I thought it had locked up. This happened both times we started the qualifier on Tuesday and two people did not survive the black screen and were booted from the room leaving them unable to participate because the qualifier had started.

The qualifier is a very nice addition and something I didn't expect at all. But as with so many other things in these games, one small oversight (not being able to join mid-session) renders the feature completely useless.

Hope to see some of you Saturday.

Good call Brandon, its worth asking if you can drop back (clicking the red X box) if you needed to change anything and then come back in again?

Good call Brandon, its worth asking if you can drop back (clicking the red X box) if you needed to change anything and then come back in again?

Yes, as long as you've re-registered before the race starts. I try to check to make sure everyone shows as being on the track before starting the race.

Did anyone have tire issues after their pitstop Tuesday?

Just a few pics from my experience of the Race... Could have been a really good result for my first outing in the BMW, even as a Guest ;)

As always a cracking battle with @MC-Chase 👍

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_10.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_11.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_16.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_21.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_22.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_25.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_29.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_32.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_35.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_39.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_43.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_48.jpg

All was good until I went in here...

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_50.jpg

:banghead:

Attachments

• Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_42.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_42.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 5
From here on out we will revert to open qualifying as we did in GT5.

Open qually ftw.

Had a good race personally with some fun battles here and there, massively under-practiced. Hoping to put a better performance in at La Sarthe where I'm more familiar.

Back