ORCA • TUNE-FREE RACING: BMW GT SPEC CHALLENGE - Sagarismic Double Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 291 comments
I am still expecting to show up for the race tomorrow :eek:

However, I have a grim suspicion, that no matter how few, and no matter who else should show up, I still will be the on to take the rear spot....
My preliminary laptimes are all 2:10 or worse :ouch:

However, I have a grim suspicion, that no matter how few, and no matter who else should show up, I still will be the on to take the rear spot....

Same here Mikael. And that was without Guinness in the tank!

As were mine on Tuesday, throughout the race i managed to get it down though... still no where near the 2:05's. But enough to be competitive. Smooth and consistant is always a good start. 👍
Oh did i mention that car management is important here...;)

Nope, I inferred from your earlier comment that you were attending so didn't tag you. But you could be banned if you're faster than me......so watch it! :lol:

Probably not, I had a terrible view of the track. Had to mostly watch on the monitors in the garage (when the pit crew wasn't in the way).

Slightly better crowd today, seemed like most everyone had somebody to keep them company during the race. Unfortunately my pit crew screwed up and put scrub tires on my car both times so it drove like 🤬.

Thanks for coming out guys. :cheers:

image.jpg

Good race. I had a dream start, put in some fast laps to pull out a nice lead, but gave it all back at the end of the stint, with a slide off course in stowe and a spin in the arena, so I came out in 2nd after my stop. Might have been for the best as I was able to have a good fight with SLC for the win. 👍

Last edited:
Hmm. A lonely race for me. I made a decent start but coming up to the hairpin, I felt I was hit from behind, but there was no-one there. Nobody on the replay either.

Then I noticed Brandon's results pic was quite different from mine:
IMAG1259.jpg

I was wondering where gtsail went to but didn't think for a minute that I couldn't see him.

Last edited:
That sucks. Could you see him before the race started, or in the room at all?

At this point it certainly seems like GT6 has a lot more online issues than GT5 did and it's getting frustrating. Yesterday during race conditions I couldn't get within 2 seconds of my practice times and it felt like I was on used tires the whole race. Had the same thing happen today in the VCRC race, I was over 1 second off my practice times during the qualifier and never got close to those times during the race (without the help of the draft). 👎

I could see gtsail before you reset the room, but afterwards, no. For my ps3 to completely remove him from the results is baffling as well. Perhaps it was because i was the only one racing from europe?

Oddly enough, my qualifying time was in the 2:08's - I'd never been in that territory before and I cannot attribute it to drafting because I was waaaay behind racefan.

Frustrating and perplexing.

I made a decent start but coming up to the hairpin, I felt I was hit from behind, but there was no-one there. Nobody on the replay either.

IMAG1259.jpg
I was wondering where gtsail went to but didn't think for a minute that I couldn't see him.

I was able to see both of you (GTSail and RDA), and yes, I'm also located in the euro-zone... :lol:
However, what is slightly more interesting.. Could GTSail see RDA?

I was able to see both of you (GTSail and RDA), and yes, I'm also located in the euro-zone... :lol:
However, what is slightly more interesting.. Could GTSail see RDA?

I could see Aardvark during qualifying, but not during the race.

After the race my finishing grid did not show Aardvark, so I had wondered where he went.

It is a bit puzzling!:odd:

My finishing grid did show racefan as a DNF.

GTsail

Last edited:
Back