ORCA Silvia Spec Cup - SEASON COMPLETE, CARRACERPTP SUPREME ORCA CHAMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,702 comments
  • 79,836 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, nothing devastating happened last night but it wasn't exactly smooth either. Nobody got DC'd from a race but Ace did get DC'd right after a race. Several people also reported that when they got close to my car on track it started shimmying and lagging, as far as I know this isn't a common occurrence with me. So, we'll plow on for this week and see how things go but if we do continue to have serious problems (like people getting DC'd from a race) we may have to postpone things until they get the situation rectified. Hope it doesn't come to that but there's not much point in racing if part of the field is likely to get booted during a race. Discouraging.
 
Well, nothing devastating happened last night but it wasn't exactly smooth either. Nobody got DC'd from a race but Ace did get DC'd right after a race. Several people also reported that when they got close to my car on track it started shimmying and lagging, as far as I know this isn't a common occurrence with me. So, we'll plow on for this week and see how things go but if we do continue to have serious problems (like people getting DC'd from a race) we may have to postpone things until they get the situation rectified. Hope it doesn't come to that but there's not much point in racing if part of the field is likely to get booted during a race. Discouraging.

I've been noticing the lag shimmy thing more and more often the last few weeks in ORCA and the Parity League. Just the car shimmying side to side usually a foot or less if it were in real scale, but once in a while it can be a few feet and give you quite a knock...lol.
 
Looking forward to tonight 👍

I've been noticing the lag shimmy thing more and more often the last few weeks in ORCA and the Parity League. Just the car shimmying side to side usually a foot or less if it were in real scale, but once in a while it can be a few feet and give you quite a knock...lol.

I've seen the shimmying but this was lag, jumping 6+ feet.
 
Hope it goes smooth tonight. :nervous:
 
The Champ lounge is open for pre-race practice, qualifying will start at 8pm EDT. The draft will be on for qualifying but please try to avoid it and don't draft your way to the pole.
 
Rough night, not sure what happened at the beginning but I was in the middle of it all. I haven't watched the replay and I don't think I was the cause of it all but I might have been and I apologize if I was. All I saw was dirt flying at me and the next thing I know I was getting hit from all sides. Hope things go better on Friday.

photooct09210420.jpg
 
I was very fortunate to be in front of all the carnage at the start. Congrats to carr on the win. Great job dsg for catching and passing me with 5 to go. :)
 
Yeah, rough sounds about right. Sorry about the smacking, ace. Somehow I grossly misjudged your speed.
And sorry about the draftpush that sucked you into the sand, B.
 
Yea, lap 2 was a doozy :yuck: Just watched the replay. One guy got loose on turn 2. Which he bumped into 2 others coming off the grass strip. Which caused a lilttle mess before the tunnel. I got the tail end of it in the tunnel, which got me some damge. Hard to keep it straight. All was accidental. Unfortunetly, PooP happens. Was waiting for a "Caution" to come out... LOL :lol:

Then I lost it on the last turn few laps later. Brakes for some reason didn't work for me, so off I went into the sand. Happened twice! :grumpy:

Does this happen to any of you guys...
-Brakes lights go on when I brake and car stays at a high rev BUT doesn't stop! Happens quite often from time to time for me anyways. 👎


DSg.... no worries! I am slower in the turns. So probably my fault. Sorry.
 
I've never had that problem Ace.

I know from experience that 2 wide going into the tunnel almost never works.

1000 posts on the thread guys :cheers:
 
Does this happen to any of you guys...
-Brakes lights go on when I brake and car stays at a high rev BUT doesn't stop! Happens quite often from time to time for me anyways. 👎
The only time I got to experience something like it - during pre-race practice just before the last season's finale @Motegi. I'd brake at my markers and end-up in the sand if I turned-in at a regular spot. Had to exit the lounge, restart everything and clear the cache.
 
dsgerbc
And sorry about the draftpush that sucked you into the sand, B.

Yeah, that caught me by surprise. I was kinda prepared for it but never experienced it that strongly. It was like a vacuum pulling me off the track. No worries though, it was a learning experience.
 
Does this happen to any of you guys...
-Brakes lights go on when I brake and car stays at a high rev BUT doesn't stop! Happens quite often from time to time for me anyways. 👎

Yes, I have had this happen, in a couple of FMSC races. I think when I watched the replay the brakes came on very slowly. When I was actually pounding them.

Odd race last night. I ran my best laps in the beginning when I needed them. Got a little sloppy costing me time after that. I was never able to pull a lead that I felt safe with Cnd behind me.
Not sure what Voodo DSG used but his run back to second was perfect.
 
Yeah, nice run guys.

I'm never pitting again.
 
Did anyone have any connection or lag problems last night?
 
I saw some minor car surging at times, and from looking at the replay I'm not sure if Jonny got kicked or DCed manually.
 
I didnt see any lag issues at all. I think it ran pretty smooth, other than the group gathering on lap 2. PD says the ''issue'' has been resolved in the news feed on here.
 
I saw no lag during the race. I did see a huge pile up going into the tunnel on lap 2. I figured that would be a lag caution, but I'm glad it wasn't lag that caused it. My first thought when I saw the crash was that I caused it because of lag. :scared: I watched the replay, and thankfully it wasn't me :lol:
 
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍
 
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍

JP, things happen. Don't take it so hard. I don't think you should withdraw for a reason like this. It was accidental, I'm sure. 👍 But if you must leave then I understand. It was good racing with you. 👍 And hopefully you come back RACING :sly:
 
Johnnypenso
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍

JP,

I came inside there as i seen what appeared as you taking it for a grass ride. You gathered car and went for apex and i was there. So trail I was part to blame. Please don't leave us. It was totally circumstance. I slowed some to let you come back on and regain spot. Then all hell broke loose. So truly. Id like to take some blame in this and say it wasn't any one person to blame.

JP whatever you do decide we will respect it. However do note we all look forward to you showing up. I myself love racing you. You're faster then myself but not so much I can't be a nuisance with draft. ;) so please reconsider or at least ponder on it some more.

yis,
Jeff
 
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍

I think we all can say we've had moment(s) of "why the ^&% did I do that!"
I would also really hate to see you go. You are one of the cleanest racers I race with. And your racecraft could hold anywhere. Everyone here would agree with that.
I understand your reasoning, racing is fun. Not (lousy) work.
 
I think we all can say we've had moment(s) of "why the ^&% did I do that!"

I've had that thought more times than I can remember. I just try to learn from the "why the ^&%* did I do that(s)."
 
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍

I dont know what happend, but whatever it was I think you're being too hard on yourself. Its only a video game and you drive clean 99% of the time, so if you made a mistake learn from it and move on.
 
I want to apologize without reserve to anyone I interfered with on Tuesday, by returning to the track after hitting the wall and covering my tires with grass. It's completely inexcusable, out of character and frankly assinine on my part. I've put a lot of effort into learning and following the GTP rules for the 20 months or so I've been competing in organized racing, and to commit such a cardinal sin at this point, is just unacceptable, there's no other word for it.

After reviewing the replays sent to me by Brandon, I've decided to withdraw from the current edition of the series. Regardless of what prompted my momentary lapse of reason and subsequent rage quit, I am obviously not in the proper frame of mind for racing at this point. Good luck with the rest of the series and hopefully I will rejoin somewhere down the road.👍👍


Sorry JP, I know I'm not the best at reviewing/interpreting incidents and I apologize for not handling it better or more to your liking. In an incident with many people involved, spanning multiple series of events it's hard to place blame on one individual. I've never been one to give penalties unless I feel like there is gross, repeated negligence involved and that wasn't the case here.

In reality, your track re-entry only had much of an effect on your race as the rest of us got through it relatively ok. So hopefully you will re-consider your withdraw and we will see you back on track again soon. 👍
 
I will be there tonight guys :) I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping that I can finish as good as I did on Tuesday.
 
I doubt I am going to make it. I have a guest arriving that loves to saw the bearings off my wheel. I may pop in and watch a bit if I have a moment. Good luck folks.
 
cnd01
I will be there tonight guys :) I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping that I can finish as good as I did on Tuesday.

Only if you found a way to battle DSG's voodoo! :nervous:

The Champ lounge is open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at 9:30pm EDT sharp. The draft will be on for qualifying but please try not to use it to improve your qualifying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back