ORCA Silvia Spec Cup - SEASON COMPLETE, CARRACERPTP SUPREME ORCA CHAMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,702 comments
  • 79,836 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for late notice, but not going to make it tonight guys. Have fun!!
 
RIP_Welsh_Don
Sorry for late notice, but not going to make it tonight guys. Have fun!!

No worries. We coulda used ya though, small crowd tonight. Good racing though, had fun hunting down Torzilla after an early spin.

photooct12222455.jpg
 
That was one of the most fun races I have ever run. Hats off to Owens for racing so hard and clean. Great win Carr. I think we can call it CarracerValley from now on :lol:
 
That was one of the most fun races I have ever run. Hats off to Owens for racing so hard and clean. Great win Carr. I think we can call it CarracerValley from now on :lol:

Great idea, I already have painted the tunnel wall with my paint :dopey:

I think I can pull a quick lead is because the of the massive amount of under steer in a draft. I was P1 both times so I could take turn 1 and 2 full out. I hate the track really but it is also the only track I won a PURE race on.

Can't wait for Monza, a track with some flow 👍
 
Great idea, I already have painted the tunnel wall with my paint :dopey:

I think I can pull a quick lead is because the of the massive amount of under steer in a draft. I was P1 both times so I could take turn 1 and 2 full out. I hate the track really but it is also the only track I won a PURE race on.

Can't wait for Monza, a track with some flow 👍

I was going all out after I passed Owens. I wanted my first ORCA win :lol: I saw you run off in the last corner, but I knew it was too little too late.
 
Sorry I missed out on last night... Went to Indy and ended up being there longer than I anticipated, then I got stuck in road construction on the way home which cost me another 30-45 minutes...

In other news, no more F1 on SPEED in 2013... And it looks like SPEED is going bye bye all together. If NBC has any sense at all, they'll scoop up Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett ASAP...

No more F1 on SPEED
 
No more F1 on SPEED[/URL]

What the........???? That's terrible news!! Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett are second to none and are without a doubt my favorite part of the racing season and of F1. Not having them presenting the race is as hard to imagine as the sun not coming up tomorrow. This is very disappointing news. :( While NBC Sports does a far better IndyCar broadcast than ABC they don't hold a candle to this trio.
 
I know... I'd read some various rumors about FOX doing away with SPEED and making a "world sports" network but never thought it would actually happen, especially with the amount of NASCAR programming they show.

On the other side of that, I've also heard that there is a lot of empty studio space at the NASCAR HQ in I believe Charlotte. I wouldn't be surprised to see them roll out their own network in the near future... Total control of programming and all the advertising $$$ on the network comes right back into NASCAR's hands.
 
I haven't had a chance to watch practice or qualy yet to see if Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett have a take on it, but there was just a tiny piece on speedtv.com about it.

Seems like the involved parties are trying to keep it on the DL...
 
Naptown25rs
I haven't had a chance to watch practice or qualy yet to see if Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett have a take on it, but there was just a tiny piece on speedtv.com about it.

Seems like the involved parties are trying to keep it on the DL...

They mention it in qualifying but don't go into much detail, just say how much they've enjoyed doing it.
 
^I didn't hear anything during quali last night, but I wasn't paying too much attention other than in key moments.
While I like the trio, when I don't have access to a live race or a DVR I prefer to download broadcasts by British networks. And I'll gladly take any team of commentators if in exchange we'd get shorter commercial breaks (one can dream, lol).

I wonder if GP2 rights are bundled with F1 right. Sometimes GP2 races are a lot more exciting...
 
dsgerbc
I wonder if GP2 rights are bundled with F1 right. Sometimes GP2 races are a lot more exciting...

It's like having an entire grid full of Grosjeans and Maldonados... :crazy:
 
Yes. With all the safety equipment advances, all else equal it's the crazy ones that win more. Instead of DRS activating in two laps, they should have a button that only enables HANS after a few laps. Would make for much cleaner starts ;)
 
I attended a 200 lap go-kart race at New Castle Motorsports, NCemtB's hometown. I guess it was kind of a big deal, Ed Carpenter and Josef Newgarden (IndyCar drivers) were both racing in it. I only stayed for about 60 laps which was well over an hour but it was pretty neat and gave me a chance to play with the new phone camera and some new apps. Thought I'd share. :)


"Luma Camera", great image stabilization and zoom.




"SloPro", high quality slo motion




"MiniatureCam" and "Miniatures", tilt-shift and stop motion effects
 
Very cool apps. That's the track off I-70 on the east side of Indy?
 
BrandonW77
"Luma Camera", great image stabilization and zoom.

Nice app, definitely going to make use of it.
 
Very cool apps. That's the track off I-70 on the east side of Indy?

Correct, it's right at the intersection of S.R. 3 and I-70, New Castle Motorsports Park. Supposed to be one of the best facilities in the country, they were running the 1 mile configuration I believe. They have rental karts on regular weekends, $20 for 10 minutes and $1/minute after that, $60 for an hour, and they're the real deal karts too. If they have a few more weekends going this season I'm going to go rent one and do some laps, looks like fun. 👍
 
OwensRacing
Very cool apps. That's the track off I-70 on the east side of Indy?

Yes
 

You ever been? Is it very close to you? I was surprised how long it took me to get there, almost an hour.



The blue kart on the right is the rental kart. They have one model there (far left) that goes for around $1,800 used and can race for league points, not bad at all!

photooct15131214.jpg



Here's a panoramic shot before the green flag. (Bonus trivia for Hoosiers, that's Gunner from Q95 standing in the grass in front of the grid).

photooct14122643.jpg
 
Last edited:
BrandonW77
You ever been? Is it very close to you? I was surprised how long it took me to get there, almost an hour.

I've been several times... A buddy of mine races TaG and shifters out there, and I like to watch the Stars of Karting and WKA National Series' when they are in town. It's about a 10 minute drive from my house.

EDIT: I've never done the rental karts but I've heard they're the real deal, can get up to around 50mph or so.
 
EDIT: I've never done the rental karts but I've heard they're the real deal, can get up to around 50mph or so.

I was gonna ask if you had. Their website says they have them available almost every day and even during race weekends. It surely would be a blast, the track looks like tons of fun to drive one. Pretty nice little facility they have there.
 
Ok the Pano pic. What is up with the guy in the middle. Distorted from app?


The kart rental thing sounds fun. I could drum up atleast 5 people including myself to make the trip down. We talked about doing Fast Times this winter.
 
Ok the Pano pic. What is up with the guy in the middle. Distorted from app?

The kart rental thing sounds fun. I could drum up atleast 5 people including myself to make the trip down. We talked about doing Fast Times this winter.

Nah, that's just how people in New Castle look. :crazy: :lol:
The new built in panoramic function actually does a really good job, that's the only distortion I can see in that pic. As long as things aren't moving it's pretty much seamless. If they are moving, well.............

photooct14131030.jpg


photooct14131204.jpg



If you head down there let me know, I'll meet up and rub bumpers with ya. It's outdoors though so they probably only have a month or so left before they shut it down for the season.
 
Gonna hit the lounge in a few minutes for a dozen laps around Monza.
UPD: gone
Sadly, that's all I'm gonna have time for before the quali tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
Gonna hit the lounge in a few minutes for a dozen laps around Monza.

What lap times were you doing? I haven't been out to Italy yet.
 
If I short-cut all the chicanes perfectly, I can get 1:57s ;)
Otherwise I'm a handful of seconds slower. IIRC, in testing weeks ago some were dipping into 2:01s.
 
Just before the switch to 2.08 I ran a session to compare after the update; I actually ran 5 laps including the outlap at each circuit on the schedule in order to reproduce the process again. Since the update I have not rerun all of the circuits, so my times may not necessarily be accurate with the current physics. In the 5 lap stint the night of the update I ran a 2'01.3xx with unquestionably clean chicanes. I recall 2'00.xxx in prior testing. I suspect with the large straightaways and the increased aero drag of this update that those times may not be proper targets any longer.
 
Just to be clear, we use the OLR for track boundaries and it's keep 2 tires between the white lines on the the rumble strips.
 
Just to be clear, we use the OLR for track boundaries and it's keep 2 tires between the white lines on the the rumble strips.

As long as two of your tires are touching the tarmac, the white boundary line or the red/white rumble strips you will be considered legal. With traffic around this is easier said than done so if you take a slightly illegal line to avoid a crash (as long as you don't gain an advantage or a position) you will be ok.

I'm pretty lenient on this because all of us generally do an acceptable job of keeping it clean. As long as I don't see people intentionally and repeatedly gaining an advantage by abusing the chicanes there won't be any issues. If you do feel like you gained an unfair advantage then a simple and short lift of the throttle (easily reviewable on replay) will be enough to keep you out of the stewards office.

The ORCA Golden Rule for these situations: "If you think it's illegal, it probably is so don't do it". 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back