ORCA Silvia Spec Cup - SEASON COMPLETE, CARRACERPTP SUPREME ORCA CHAMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,702 comments
  • 79,836 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, the car became looser, but not as an on/off switch. Having tried a few races with a no-stopper in this car, the handling at the end was about as hairy as on the last few laps of GVE-R and (and GVE last season).
 
Meh, the car became looser, but not as an on/off switch. Having tried a few races with a no-stopper in this car, the handling at the end was about as hairy as on the last few laps of GVE-R and (and GVE last season).

That was the odd part. In the opening laps my car plowed like a truck, understeering past corners. I changed my driving style to try and kick the rear end out. Then, almost like a switch it lost rear grip.
 
dsgerbc
Meh, the car became looser, but not as an on/off switch. Having tried a few races with a no-stopper in this car, the handling at the end was about as hairy as on the last few laps of GVE-R and (and GVE last season).

Agreed. After 20 laps I was surprised that the handling hadn't gone off yet, which was probably due to the nature of the track as Marcus suggested. It was just a little odd how the loss of handling was a little more sudden than normal. Almost like the game was sleeping and then said "oh yeah, tire wear!".
 
Gonna try to jump into the lounge at some point tonight to try to mess with the tirewear indicator.

UPD: did ten laps, wear seems on par with what was observed in-race. So idk, maybe I'm just remembering Monday practice wear wrong.

And, does this pic work?
UPD: nevermind, thanks Carr \/
 
Last edited:
Gonna try to jump into the lounge at some point tonight to try to mess with the tirewear indicator.

UPD: did ten laps, wear seems on par with what was observed in-race. So idk, maybe I'm just remembering Monday practice wear wrong.

And, does this pic work?
mOAlRJ1QV6CgK50fSj_0.jpg

hotlinking is disabled
2Hd8Z.jpg
 
Here is what I saw on my replay, really no doubt at all that DSG won this race. 👍

photooct17200107.jpg


photooct17195658.jpg


photooct17195949.jpg





(I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!)
 
Last edited:
That, was close. ;)
 
So close the game didn't even know who won!! :dunce:
 
Very close indeed. Seems like Carr was going a tad bit faster. But Dsg just had the edge... you guys must of really been stomping on the gas ON that straight!!! Haha. Cool little video by the way.
 
That is the closest finish for a win 2nd I've ever been in :lol:
I've have had some 2nd won by only a wheels length, this was a headlight :lol:
Nice video edit Brandon, it really helped that Bain was parked on the finish line 👍.
 
....it really helped that Bain was parked on the finish line 👍.

Yep, I wouldn't have been able to get that shot otherwise! Thanks Nige! :)
 
I wondered how you got that video shot.... I forgot Welsh stopped and stood at the line. Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Awesomeness! I've never seen a race that close before. It should go to the GT5's "ALL MADDEN'' moments or something. :lol:
 
Nice video :)
The bug isn't new, but I guess doesn't happen often enough for PD to bother.
 
Nice video :)
The bug isn't new, but I guess doesn't happen often enough for PD to bother.

It's a bit unsettling to know that the game can get it so wrong though. I almost feel like I need to do an automatic replay review with any close finishes just to be sure the winner actually was the winner.
 
_____________________

The RED LINE is the actual START/FINISH on that track!
_____________________

I think that can play a BIG part of who actually crossed it. So if you guys were going by the checkered line like I thought it was. We are wrong. :scared: It does make it interesting if CARR was really the winner. HMMM??


hahaha! thought I'd stir the pot a lil bit. :sly:
 
acedition333
_____________________

The RED LINE is the actual START/FINISH on that track!
_____________________
I think that can play a BIG part of who actually crossed it. So if you guys were going by the checkered line like I thought it was. We are wrong. :scared: It does make it interesting if CARR was really the winner. HMMM??

hahaha! thought I'd stir the pot a lil bit. :sly:

That's why I posted the video too, it's kinda hard to see but the white car was still ahead past all the checkered lines and the red line. On my replay dsg clearly won.
 
I made a geometry change to my rig back on monday, but I haven't had the time to sit down and even try it yet.

I will be in the room in about twenty minutes to try it out and run some laps.
 
That's why I posted the video too, it's kinda hard to see but the white car was still ahead past all the checkered lines and the red line. On my replay dsg clearly won.
Also, there's a pic past the red line higher up the thread ;)
 
Yep, I wouldn't have been able to get that shot otherwise! Thanks Nige! :)

Glad to be of assistance ;) Nice pictures and Video too :)

I figured I'd park there as I knew it was going to be a close finish as Travis and DSG had been bumper to bumper all race, so I wanted the best seat in the house :D.

Looks like I won't be able to make it this Friday unfortunately as I'm heading out about 2.5 hrs before green flag and don't think I'll make it back in time :(
 
I'm going to be using my drop this Friday. I won't be racing tonight :(
I'm good for every race for the rest of the season 👍
 
Sounds like there's a real chance of not making the grid tonight. I still should be available to fill one spot if needed, but I'll likely miss the quali and drop-in right before the race.
 
dsgerbc
Sounds like there's a real chance of not making the grid tonight. I still should be available to fill one spot if needed, but I'll likely miss the quali and drop-in right before the race.

Yeah, not sounding good. We need 6 to make it an official points race, we barely made it last week and looking worse for tonight. Just wait and see I guess.
 
Yeah, not sounding good. We need 6 to make it an official points race, we barely made it last week and looking worse for tonight. Just wait and see I guess.

I should be there. I'm not sure if I will though. I will be cutting it close if I do.
 
I'm going to be using my drop this Friday. I won't be racing tonight :(
I'm good for every race for the rest of the season 👍

Disregard this ^, plans changed.

I'm racing tonight.
 
carracerptp
Disregard this ^, plans changed.

I'm racing tonight.

Good deal, even though my chance of winning is now gone. :lol: I should have the lounge open around 8:30pm EDT.
 
The Champ lounge is open for practice. If we get at least 6 people we'll start qualifying at 9:30pm EDT.
 
The Champ lounge is open for practice. If we get at least 6 people we'll start qualifying at 9:30pm EDT.
If only five show up - post here and start the quali, I'll help fill the grid.
 
dsgerbc
If only five show up - post here and start the quali, I'll help fill the grid.

Only three right now. At this point I'd say don't worry about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back