Original tracks, which do we want in GT6?

Which of these original tracks should be in GT6?

• Apricot Hill

Votes: 151 59.7%
  • Autumn Ring

Votes: 116 45.8%
  • Autumn Ring - Mini

Votes: 87 34.4%
  • Cape Ring

Votes: 76 30.0%
  • Cape Ring North

Votes: 50 19.8%
  • Cape Ring South

Votes: 56 22.1%
  • Cape Ring Inside

Votes: 56 22.1%
  • Cape Ring Periphery

Votes: 61 24.1%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trial I

Votes: 79 31.2%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trial II

Votes: 77 30.4%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trial III

Votes: 71 28.1%
  • Chamonix (GT4)

• Chamonix (GT5)

Votes: 60 23.7%
  • Chamonix East

Votes: 47 18.6%
  • Chamonix Mini

• Chamonix West

• Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 100 39.5%
  • Costa di Amalfi

Votes: 136 53.8%
  • Driving Park - Beginner Course

Votes: 59 23.3%
  • Driving Park - Circle Course

Votes: 57 22.5%
  • Driving Park - Complex String

Votes: 100 39.5%
  • Driving Park - Gymkhana Course

Votes: 74 29.2%
  • Driving Park - Test Course (GT3/GT4 Version)

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Deep Forest Raceway

Votes: 133 52.6%
  • Eiger Nordwand

Votes: 102 40.3%
  • Eiger Nordwand - G Trial

Votes: 62 24.5%
  • Eiger Nordwand - K Trial

Votes: 66 26.1%
  • Eiger Nordwand - W Trial

Votes: 63 24.9%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 164 64.8%
  • George V Paris

Votes: 103 40.7%
  • Grand Canyon

Votes: 112 44.3%
  • Grand Canyon Mini

Votes: 57 22.5%
  • Grand Valley East

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Grand Valley Speedway

Votes: 136 53.8%
  • Green Forest Roadway

Votes: 81 32.0%
  • Grindelwald

• High Speed Ring

Votes: 119 47.0%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • Ice Arena

Votes: 62 24.5%
  • Las Vegas Drag Strip

Votes: 107 42.3%
  • London

Votes: 84 33.2%
  • Madrid

Votes: 94 37.2%
  • Madrid Mini

Votes: 65 25.7%
  • Midfield Raceway

Votes: 162 64.0%
  • Motorland (Driving Park)

• Motorsportsland (GT2)

Votes: 72 28.5%
  • New York

Votes: 119 47.0%
  • Opera Paris

Votes: 106 41.9%
  • Pikes Peak

Votes: 140 55.3%
  • Pod Race

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway

Votes: 126 49.8%
  • Rome (Old)

Votes: 129 51.0%
  • Rome (New)

Votes: 82 32.4%
  • Rome Night

• Rome Short

Votes: 72 28.5%
  • Seatle Circuit

Votes: 170 67.2%
  • Seatle Short

Votes: 107 42.3%
  • Seoul

Votes: 101 39.9%
  • Smokey Mountain North

Votes: 88 34.8%
  • Smokey Mountain South

Votes: 79 31.2%
  • Special Stage Route 5

• Special Stage Route 7

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Special Stage Route 11

Votes: 151 59.7%
  • Special Stage Route X

Votes: 95 37.5%
  • Super Speedway

Votes: 83 32.8%
  • Swiss Alps

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Tahiti Circuit (dirt)

Votes: 97 38.3%
  • Tahiti Road

• Tahiti Maze

Votes: 105 41.5%
  • Test Course (GT1+GT2 Version)

Votes: 74 29.2%
  • Tokyo R246

Votes: 128 50.6%
  • Trial Mountain Circuit

Votes: 147 58.1%

• Total voters
If all of them option is not possible because of time

My favourites are:
El Capitan
Costa d'Amalfi
Città d'Aria
New York
Red Rock Valley
Special Stage Route X
Las Vegas Drag strip
Pikes Peak.

At least we know that Apricot Hill will be back for sure and we saw seattle in a trailer.

but El Captain and Midfield are still missing. especially Midfield which is my favourite track.

It's simple. Even if the tracks are not so great, the more tracks the better the game. Just because in GT5 the seasonals tracks begin to repeat, and toscana and eifel must be used.

Grindelwald will always be a favourite :) I remember racing the luxury saloons race in a BMW 7 series at Grindelwald, was excellent :)

But there's so many classics... complex string, seattle, mid-field, SS11.. really its the missing GT2 tracks that I miss the most.

Red rock was never a favourite though.... I think if they updated that so it remotely believable, it would be changed beyond recognition..

.. but I agree the more tracks the better. I'd prefer more real ones, but the original tracks must be the easiest for PD to get in the game with less expense or effort.

Cape Ring South and Cape Ring Inside are quite pleasurable circuits. Cape Ring North is goofy.

I wish someone could combine Cape Ring South and Cape Ring Inside to make a Cape Ring GP circuit.

Take the Cape Ring South layout, as normal, except at the hairpin. Instead of having a hairpin there, I'd prefer if it was a chicane that led from Cape Ring South to Cape Ring Inside, and then go down the Inside layout through the corners that return you to the South layout. It would increase top speeds from the South layout, avoid the jump, and would offer a very nice flowing rhythm.

Let me say it like this: Cape Ring certainly has it's better and worse configurations, and while I see a small point in the roundabout, I don't see a point in having a jump on a circuit that host LMP races. Cut that part out, and it'd be much more enjoyable. Maybe add the PD trademark, a tunnel :lol:

ITCC_Andrew
I wish someone could combine Cape Ring South and Cape Ring Inside to make a Cape Ring GP circuit.

Those "intersections", with their sheer size, would make for a devilish good bus stop chicane :dopey:

The one thing GT5 needed was a really awesome chicane, for those who drive like me. (two wheels is the fastest way through a chicane, right?)

I am hoping that Grand Canyon will be present in the next game, since that dirt track is also fun in Gran Turismo PSP.

Rome night, Midfield, Grindewald, Pikes Peak, Red Rock, New York( I could just imagine a field of V8 Supercars around there!) & Motorsportsland GT2

...New York(I could just imagine a field of V8 Supercars around there!)...

I, a european, approve of this. 3 wide past Times Square trying to brake as late as possible into the first turn. All of them go too wide, and the guy in 4th take the lead :D or at least that's what the online would be like :lol:

Strange, though. This thread had it's rebirth a year after it's original creation. Also just after Apricot Hill was confirmed for GT6.

All of them,I mean it will take time I know,but why limit yourself?

Because PD have occasionally produced some underwhelming circuits. Just because some tracks appeared on a past GT game doesn't automatically make them classics, or worthy of remodelling.

If people were only allowed to choose one to three circuits on this list, I can think of a few tracks that would certainly have close to zero votes.

Because PD have occasionally produced some underwhelming circuits. Just because some tracks appeared on a past GT game doesn't automatically make them classics, or worthy of remodelling.

If people were only allowed to choose one to three circuits on this list, I can think of a few tracks that would certainly have close to zero votes.

I think, with the exception of Seoul and Hong Kong, both of which I dislike, I'd like to see them all included again, they've all got something to offer IMO.. even the pod race track might be a fun distraction online!

But statistically yes, if people were constrained to 3 votes, I'm sure the top 3 wouldn't change very much, and everything else would have much lower votes.

Interesting the Chamonix is the least favorite so far.

MatskiMonk
I think, with the exception of Seoul and Hong Kong, both of which I dislike, I'd like to see them all included again, they've all got something to offer IMO.. even the pod race track might be a fun distraction online!

I also don't like to see Seoul, too. It's in Korea, lol. And one boring track to drive at, well, at least for me. Hehe.

Interesting the Chamonix is the least favorite so far.

I can understand that.

There isn't much of a framework to allow proper racing there. The snow effects are exaggerated to the point that it makes close racing without contact pretty much impossible. Even with ghosting, every corner is virtually taken blindly by the player because vision is impaired so much. The fact that there are no staggered starts means there is no practical solution to this.

Ice Racing and Rallycross tracks in real life don't create the wall of powder or dust that GT5 rallycross tracks do. The excessive powder/dust is just a badly designed feature by PD - I don't think players have such a criticism of the track designs themselves.

I just voted for the one track I want back the most, which is Midfield.

I spent hours upon hours perfecting my times on that track with GT2 & GT3.

When I think about it, I did really enjoy Seattle a lot, but that could just be of my big passion for all this Grunge :)

The above video reminded me how much I missed the RM Tigra from GT2 as well :)

(Slightly off topic, will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games or is there no backwards compatibility with the system?)

El Capitan was challenging in its full version. It had a great combination of twists, turns, sweepers. The off road version was great as well. Awesome track!!!!

Felix
(Slightly off topic, will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games or is there no backwards compatibility with the system?)
As of right now there is no backwards compatibility for PS3 games.
There was talk like they could have them streaming eventually but nothing so far.

I like a lot of the city courses, but never really did play on Hong Kong while growing up.

I spent probably way too long playing on Seoul, but definitely enjoyed Seattle, Mid-field, Tokyo R246 and Opéra Paris quite a bit.

They're tricky to get right.

Tokyo still is pretty challenging after all these years playing on it.

Midfield is a rather smooth and fun to drive course in my opinion, I hope Kaz and co. give it the Apricot Hill treatment :drool:

Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be hard for them to make a night version for it. I see plenty of opportunities for lighting via lamp posts and tunnel lighting...

Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be hard for them to make a night version for it. I see plenty of opportunities for lighting via lamp posts and tunnel lighting...
Definitely :cheers:

As well as a daytime Special Stage Route 5.

sparkytooth
Definitely :cheers:

As well as a daytime Special Stage Route 5.

I would love to see that. Really like the layout but tired of squinting while racing. For some reason driving in cockpit camera seems darker...

Back