Overrated

  • Thread starter Thread starter Talentless
  • 36 comments
  • 1,772 views
Originally posted by danoff
oh yea titanic for sure.

some of these aren't bad, but I still think they're overrated

Movies
----------------------------------------
The Ring
Citizen Cain
Casablanca
The Sound of Music
Pulp Fiction (<- grrr)
Blazing Saddles
Snatch
Training Day
Traffic
Blair Witch Project
Army of Darkness
------------------------------

Ok.. I'll have the need to ask you to specify (and for my Low IQ sake, clarify) why eg. Citizen Kane is overrated ?... And Snatch ?... And Army of Darkness ?... And the rest for that matter... Seems like you picked a bunch of random movies to me...

In my book they all topped the genre at one point or another, and because newer and (in some peoples opinion) better movies have arrived does not, at all, make the overrated... Just highlights of a time gone by.....

How old are you :D
 
I'll have the need to ask you to specify (and for my Low IQ sake, clarify) why eg. Citizen Kane is overrated ?...

Best movie of all time????

That's what the critics claim. Can you think of a movie you'd rather see? I can think of 2 dozen!

Citizen Kane was one of the most boring flicks I have ever seen. I can't see how it can be called the best. It's hard not to be overrated when the critics are saying that there is nothing on film that is better.

Snatch sucked. It was a totally weak plot, weak acting, weak jokes.... weak everything.

From what I remember, Army of Darkness was just stupid. But it has been a long time. I'm willing to believe I was hasty about that one.

Any others you want me to talk about? Can you claim that Citizen Kane is definitely the best movie of all time?
 
I restate my contentions that Star Wars battle scenes being absurd, and Crouching Tiger's flying fight scenes being barely revolutionary, though the techniques may have been refined. I'm sure I heard some movie critics babble about the effects. What, the tree top sequences?
 
Movie: Harry Potter series

TV: Award shows (Oscars, Emmy, Grammy, etc.)
 
The MOST overrated movie(s) of all time is: STARWARS :yuck:

also fast and furious movies

and any other movie i dont like

Most overrated TV series: Star Trek:tdown:
 
Back