Panning Mode 1

• Thread starter mazda787
  • 107 comments
Up until today:
I thought that Mode 1 Panning is no panning at all.
But looking at all the beautiful shot of this thread, there seems to be some panning going on... I just still haven't figured out how that work.

I am still convince that:
Mode 2 Panning is what you described below as Mode 1.
And My definition of Mode 3 is both your description of Mode 2 & Mode 3, depending on where you place the camera.

All these pAnning mode shoulf be independent of the camera location, or is it?y

@mazda787 the Megane shot is the very definition of panning 1 :drool:

@Loading that Peugeot shot is awesome! 👍👍

@anthaliscious that Z4 GT3 shot :bowdown:

@Swagger897
  • Mode 1: The camera stays in a fixed position and turns to follow the car. Because the car's distance from the camera varies, this can cause it to blur slightly.
  • Mode 2: The camera moves with the car. When taking a photo of a cornering or spinning car, focus will be centred on the middle of the car, which can cause the front and rear to go slightly out of focus.
  • Mode 3: The camera moves with the car, and is positioned face-on to the front of the vehicle. This allows you to take a photo where the car is sharply in focus, and only the background becomes blurred.

The GT6 online manual explains it well here.

[edit] As mentioned earlier in the thread Shutter speed has a big effect as well, this is a simple side on panning shot, sorry about the standard car ;) you can see how the blur at the rear of the car and position of the car in the shot changes. This all exaggerates the closer to the car you get and the angle the car is at in the shot. Focal point for this was on the LG above the car number And the car is moving at around 130mph.

250 or there abouts

and at 60

Last edited:
Nürburgring 24h_3.jpg

Back