Patch 1.09 Wishlist

Change/paint wheels on standard cars...

And

POINT-TO-POINT courses on the Course Generator.

Another course generator theme would be awesome too (a european mountain-a-like, just a toscana track with more hills and green stuff :P)

Many things but my top priority is (As many people said) multiple favorites, so we can have LM , GT cars etc all together, no matter if they are premium or standard.

Hmm.. some good suggestions in this thread but before they start adding new features, I would like for them to give me the ones I was told were in the box when I bought the game 4 months ago. Maybe then I'll feel compelled to contribute to PD's free Q/A sessions.

Page 12 of the manual:

Matchmaking. For a quick race and exciting competition, select one of the available race events and get matched up against other players for heated races. (..) Matchmaking features a variety of race events and pits players together randomly for heated races.

Here's something I've never seen brought up before:

When painting your car, "Ascending" and "Descending" options are backwards. Naturally, it's on Descending, but when I click on "Count" it puts all the single paints at top.

Not really a big complaint, but it does need fixed, like the incorrect drivetrain on the Spyker.

How about fixing the 'Insufficient Disk Space' error? I thought 1.07 fixed it. In my case, it corrupted my game. It all started when my game would freeze at the exact location of my B spec racing. I then chose to delete the game to reinstall (not my saved game data where it keeps my Spec level and garaged cars.

When I update to 1.07, I get this message. I literally have to delete the game and reinstall. The server shows the update to 1.08 (4 files) - I download 2 of the 4 and I can play the game, but offline.

Once 1.07 and 1.08 are installed, I get the ‘Insufficient Disk Space’ message.
The message is a farce because I have over 40 GB of free space left.
I am waiting for Sony to give me a response to this.

I would like the option to adjust the AI speed rather than the three options we have. They are just too slow on the hardest setting. A slider bar ranging from 80% for Beginner, 90% for medium and 100% for the fastest level of the current game. Then the slider can go up past 100% to suit individual skill level if the fastest level (100%) is not quick enough. This is very similar to racing games like Rfactor, GTR2, Race 07 etc.

Practise sessions and more importantly, qualifying sessions please.

Support for G25/G27 Wheel

Choice to select what weather for each track and scale the level. So either overcast, light rain, heavy rain and changable.

Choice to select what time the race is, for example, dawn, day, dusk or night and the light adjusts according to real time. So if you start a race at dawn, it will get lighter as the race progresses. Likewise, if you start at dusk, as the race progresses, it gets darker.

How about fixing the 'Insufficient Disk Space' error? I thought 1.07 fixed it. In my case, it corrupted my game. It all started when my game would freeze at the exact location of my B spec racing. I then chose to delete the game to reinstall (not my saved game data where it keeps my Spec level and garaged cars.

When I update to 1.07, I get this message. I literally have to delete the game and reinstall. The server shows the update to 1.08 (4 files) - I download 2 of the 4 and I can play the game, but offline.

Once 1.07 and 1.08 are installed, I get the ‘Insufficient Disk Space’ message.
The message is a farce because I have over 40 GB of free space left.
I am waiting for Sony to give me a response to this.

Maybe you should try this?

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

cockpit view, the drivers hands to actually grasp the wheel using it's thumbs, it looks so stupid, like a pair of feet driving the wheel

Le Mans style races split into the proper categories. So you could race a GT car and not care that the LMP ones were racing ahead, because you were only really racing the other GT ones

How about disabling the ASM on NASCARs? It's pretty stupid that you're forced to drive with something that slows you down and basically gives the AI a straight up advantage as they don't seem to have this silly restriction imposed on them.

I'll try and provide realistic ones, unlike some of the ones that I've read.

1. Save during endurance races
2. Adjustable front aerodynamic parts
3. All rims available for all (premium) cars.

Now as for DLC(which I will gladly pay for):

1. Track packs(El Capitan would be nice)
2. Car packs
3. Livery editor
4. Standard to Premium car pack
5. Engine swaps(realistic: I don't want to see an NSX engine inside a Civic, which is possible in Shift 2 Unleashed, haha)
6. More bodykits(licensed?)(Veilside RX-7 anybody?)

Now as for free DLC:

1. Full weather conditions on tracks without it
2. Full time changing on tracks without it
3. New race modes for online(ie Time Attack, Team Racing, etc.)

That's all for now

Now as for DLC(which I will gladly pay for):

1. Track packs(El Capitan would be nice)
2. Car packs
3. Livery editor
4. Standard to Premium car pack
5. Engine swaps(realistic: I don't want to see an NSX engine inside a Civic, which is possible in Shift 2 Unleashed, haha)
6. More bodykits(licensed?)(Veilside RX-7 anybody?)

Sorry but this should come free. PD has already messed up fumbling what could have been a great game.... i have been watching Forza 3 videos and im kinda pissed i bought a PS3... they Photos look better then GT5 not to mention the Livery editors are Epic. Forza 4 is out in October... im sure it will Dethrone GT5... sorry Kaz but you messed up your "Masterpiece". 5 years to make, so much has changed since you original Idea. I just can grasp what took them so long to make GT5. PD & Turn 10 need to join or Turn 10 alone needs to start designing for PS3

1. Add real/Low tyre grip from Arcade/Practice mode to GT-mode
2. Add damage from Arcade/Practice mode to GT-mode
3. Add manufacturer Hall to GT-mode for additional races.
4. Double the laps in all A-Spec races except Endurances, double prize money and experience.
5. Add 6 more events to each of the halls so they have 15 events rather than 9
6. Add weather and/or time change to Laguna Seca, Monza, Daytona Road, Fuji and Indianapolis Road.
7. Add additional option to quick options during races. To remove on screen data but leave the dials on screen and another to switch driving line on and off.
8. Upgrade all cars that can enter Classic Japanese, European and World events in the Beginner Hall to at least semi-premium status. Upgrade Lupo cup cars to at least semi-premium status.
9. Give all cars a resale value and make all prize cars re-winnable.
10. Motegi and Infineon would be nice.

This is my wish:

It would be absolutely fantastic IF in the 'Garage' you could compare two cars side by side. I mean you'd have

Current Performance:
Displacement
Max Power
Max Torque
Drivetrain
Length
Width
Height
Weight
Performance Points

Status
Date Acquired
Changes
Distance
Number of Wins

BUT you'd have both cars on your screen, with those stats side by side divided down the middle.

Then as an added bonus, you could also have the Lap Times you've achieved in each car on some of / all of the tracks in GT5.

:D

Rage0329
This is my wish:

It would be absolutely fantastic IF in the 'Garage' you could compare two cars side by side. I mean you'd have

Current Performance:
Displacement
Max Power
Max Torque
Drivetrain
Length
Width
Height
Weight
Performance Points

Status
Date Acquired
Changes
Distance
Number of Wins

BUT you'd have both cars on your screen, with those stats side by side divided down the middle.

Then as an added bonus, you could also have the Lap Times you've achieved in each car on some of / all of the tracks in GT5.

:D

I think that is a fantastic idea

Any word on when Patch 1.09 is coming out? Soon I hope, also wish they'd hurry up and update the Seasonal Events and Online Collectors Dealership.

As for the Patch though, permanently increase winning credits is all I want really.

After the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear crisis we don't know anything about the next update, could be weeks, could be months... maybe never. I wonder what's the future of Gran Turismo Series after that.

SeaNorris
How about disabling the ASM on NASCARs? It's pretty stupid that you're forced to drive with something that slows you down and basically gives the AI a straight up advantage as they don't seem to have this silly restriction imposed on them.

If you have DFGT steering wheel you can change it.

Any word on when Patch 1.09 is coming out? Soon I hope, also wish they'd hurry up and update the Seasonal Events and Online Collectors Dealership.

As for the Patch though, permanently increase winning credits is all I want really.

PD released the truck bonus races on 3/23 and the Lambo bonus races last week, with more updates due this week. Their schedule has been just fine.

I would love to see C-spec( not a joke) Kaz wanted it but Sony rushed him to release GT5 when their 3D TV came out... he wanted 2 more years.

- to be able to add parts to my cars while in practice
- Change car while at a track
- Change Oil on track
- more body kits

1. MUST: Enable Game Save for Championship (Like GT4) and for Endurance Races.

2. MUST: Fast and Reverse Replay. (This should be added right at the beggining...).

3. MUST: Add Penalizations in A-Spec races, like bumping into another car, shortcutting trough the grass,sand etc... Just to be realistic.

4. OPTIONAL (for me this would be a MUST): When you have a big crash the race is automaticaly over for you, after all when you crash against a wall at 400km/h you surely will not be able tor ace again would you? Because races in GT5 are just so easy. I cna win Historic Race Car cup with a tuned Ferrari 512BB -.-'. This would be bad if it were to happen in a 24hour race tough but this would be FAR more realistic.

5. I would be happy with like 450-550 PREMIUM CARS instead of 1031 and only 200 being premium... Because the standart cars are just trash. I mean an Honda Civic EK '97 is a premium car but cars like the Jaguar XJ220 '92 and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 aren't? I mean what's the point of puttin up 20 or 30 Skylines? Why not only 4 or 5 at max versions of it?

Why more than 100 Nissans among 1000 cars?

Why 800 standart cars among 1000 cars?

Why in hell remove the Test Course and some other tracks (mostly dirt and snow tracks) like Grand Canyon, Seattle, El Capitan and among others?

Why do we have to whait to buy our fav standart car? Why didn't they put in the dealrship already?

Why do cars that we WIN during races are available to buy, like the Ferrari F10, or the 10 million Alfa Romeo, or the 20 million Jaguar?

Why do all cars are available to buy?

Why the races are so poor in money?

Why can't we SELL a car that new costs 500.000 or more?

Why BAN the online gifting?

GT5 is just an epic fail guys. This game seriously was not what I was expecting during these 5 years... for 90% of people this game was a let-down... And of course for obvious reasons... You guys just don't know how mad I was when I only heard that only 200 out of 1031 cars will be premium and the others will be "****"...

Who agrees with me?

1. MUST: Enable Game Save for Championship (Like GT4) and for Endurance Races.

2. MUST: Fast and Reverse Replay. (This should be added right at the beggining...).

3. MUST: Add Penalizations in A-Spec races, like bumping into another car, shortcutting trough the grass,sand etc... Just to be realistic.

4. OPTIONAL (for me this would be a MUST): When you have a big crash the race is automaticaly over for you, after all when you crash against a wall at 400km/h you surely will not be able tor ace again would you? Because races in GT5 are just so easy. I cna win Historic Race Car cup with a tuned Ferrari 512BB -.-'. This would be bad if it were to happen in a 24hour race tough but this would be FAR more realistic.

5. I would be happy with like 450-550 PREMIUM CARS instead of 1031 and only 200 being premium... Because the standart cars are just trash. I mean an Honda Civic EK '97 is a premium car but cars like the Jaguar XJ220 '92 and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 aren't? I mean what's the point of puttin up 20 or 30 Skylines? Why not only 4 or 5 at max versions of it?

Why more than 100 Nissans among 1000 cars?

Why 800 standart cars among 1000 cars?

Why in hell remove the Test Course and some other tracks (mostly dirt and snow tracks) like Grand Canyon, Seattle, El Capitan and among others?

Why do we have to whait to buy our fav standart car? Why didn't they put in the dealrship already?

Why do cars that we WIN during races are available to buy, like the Ferrari F10, or the 10 million Alfa Romeo, or the 20 million Jaguar?

Why do all cars are available to buy?

Why the races are so poor in money?

Why can't we SELL a car that new costs 500.000 or more?

Why BAN the online gifting?

GT5 is just an epic fail guys. This game seriously was not what I was expecting during these 5 years... for 90% of people this game was a let-down... And of course for obvious reasons... You guys just don't know how mad I was when I only heard that only 200 out of 1031 cars will be premium and the others will be "****"...

Who agrees with me?

1. Saves for championships are un-necessary, it's not like in F1 Alonso can go back and redo a race...

2. Fast and reverse replay is difficult to implement due to the way replay data is saved, it's not a full recording as you might think, it's data replication.

3. Penalisation, could be good, depends on the individual player of the game.

4. Optional, I don't think too many people would be turning it on, and since in A-spec there's no mechanical damage... it'd be pointless, unless you're saying to have mechanical damage turned on as well. Which would be a nice feature.

5. Some people actually like that EK Civic...and own it in real life. It takes a great deal of time to recreate a premium car, keep in mind this would mean someone / somewhere would need to provide Polyphony with a Veryon and Bugatti would need to 'OK' it. Plus the Veryon in this example is an over-rated car in any case. Be happy that most sports cars that you'd want to drive are already premium and not what Forza passes off as 'premium'.

6. Nissan makes a lot of great cars and has an excellent racing pedigree. Nissan cars are prevalent in Japan, Australia and the U.S., not so in Europe unfortunately.

7. Standard cars are because they've been there before, the driving physics are improved, but from memory it takes several months to recreate cars to be premium. Keep in mind that Polyphony needs a physical car on hand to recreate, it wouldn't be easy to find a specific model of a car of a specific year to recreate. If you have most of those cars ready to donate to Polyphony I'm sure many of us would be happy :)

8. The removal of tracks, I'm not too sure about, tracks I'm certainly missing are Special Stage Route 11, New York City, Seattle, Apricot Hill Raceway, Midfield Raceway, El Capitan and I'd love to see Road America, and Virginia International Raceway personally.

9. Standard cars are older models and used, even in real life you would struggle to find them on a dealership lot no?

10. Some people want to buy these cars before they win them in a colour they like?

11. Races aren't exactly poor in money, you're just wanting too much money to buy expensive things rather than saving for them.

GT5 isn't an epic fail, it's just you're wanting too much from something that it isn't. 90% is an assumption on your part. What did you want? Cars to fly or something?

PD released the truck bonus races on 3/23 and the Lambo bonus races last week, with more updates due this week. Their schedule has been just fine.

I know that mate, ive been going mental on the Lambo one earning a truck load of cash but they're boring me now, I want different ones. :lol:

Also, I don't think the quake would effect they're ability too much as most of Japan's power is restored isn't it? PD's studios were fine anyway, but fingers crossed it hasnt affected them and they're working away on a new patch.

Back