Patch 1.09 Wishlist

I wonder when this next update will come.

Considering the events that japan has endured the past few weeks, I can understand if we wont see one for several months.

Not long after the quake, the expiration date for the seasonal events was changed to 3/23. Last week, we got a new set of events and possibly some new menu music as well. I know they've added several music tracks since launch, but it's hard to be sure when they were added. :crazy:

Anyway, it definitely looks like PD is back to work.

How bout proper GT1/GT2/GT3 cars along with the full race series and tracks included? ALMS, ILMC, LMS, GT1 World, GT3 Europe are all needed in a 'racing simulator'.

Nice idea, some new cars and Events would be really nice :D

I hate seeing really unrealistic requests in this thread.. We won't be seeing any new cars or events anytime soon.. I personally would like to see the removal of the Nürburgring glitch and maybe an AI tweak so that they don't take corners like idiots.. Anything that would help make the single-player portion of this game more entertaining and competitive is a plus in my book.

Much better and competitive AI

Chance to choose AI cars in arcade mode

Tuned Supercars events (Ferrari, Lambo, Mercedes, McLaren... )

Shadows fix

Option to turn the dashboard tilting ON/OFF

do SOMETHING about the the national b-5 license test!

Do you mean , that the gold time is too difficult to beat?

If so , my advice = use RA funtion > increase rear brake bias / use handbrake.

I "golded" this licence test using [challenge mode] Guitar Hero/Band Hero drum controller. It has only D-pad , select , start and X , [] , O and triangle + full throttle on autofire (that cannot be turned off) :mischievous: [/challenge mode]

MadMax

I really hope we get proper racing filters. Lemans, nascar, f1, and rally modes.

And with the real racing and racing for fun, and drift filters. I'd like to see the network ENFORCE these. Rather than just having them be a label and hoping other players cooperate.

:lol:

I was being sarcastic, but think about it...

Some people abused car gifting, PD made car gifting useless!
Some people use rubberband grinding, will PD drop A-Spec?

In other words instead of fixing the problem PD always makes the worst decisions, that's why GT5 was a mess when it was released and it's getting worse... 👎

People are duping cars?
Don't ban gifting! Increase the prize money. Allow us to win prize cars again or win one of our A-Spec opponents cars. Allow us to sell expensive cars. Unlock all cars in arcade mode!

But I find funny that all the GT5 elitists were so enraged about car duping yet they find rubberband grinding totally acceptable. Of course if some people are enjoying with rubberband grinding I have no problem, keep on doing it and have fun! It's your game! 👍

But the fact that rubberband grinding is even possible proves beyond any doubt that GT5 isn't a simulation but a very rough approximation of driving mechanics that sometimes is convincing. The damage modelling and the collision physics in GT5 are laughable non-existant.... But No.... PD doesn't fix that! Instead they care about the important things which is to ban car gifting! 👎:dunce:

I total agree with you.

More wheels for premiums, furthermore allow us to use all wheels on all cars?

Are you able to put any wheel on any car in real life? I don't know much about cars, but I know that you can't install every wheel out there to your car.

My English skills lack, but I try to explain. Some of the rims have 4 bolt holes, some of them have 6. Then again, your car has 6 bolts, you can't fit a rim with 4 bolt holes.

I want to be able to put a turbo a wider selection of cars, can turbo the weirdest cars but alot of ones that you can irl you can't in gt5.

Please PD! Please allow us to put rims on our standard cars. If u have to import them from past GTs just like u did with the cars then be my guest. I am tired of racing a race car that looks stock. Add more rims for premium cars too. The scarce selection really does not have much good looking rims.

Many of us have been begging for drag racing for YEARS now. I doubt we will get it but it is better than not sayin anything about it.

Yeah really, i have the cobra r and i wish i could put some American Racing wheels on it!

I think they are somewhat correct now, what cars are we missing? :embarrassed:
Points at profile pic(edit well technically that's a 280Z not a 240zg, same body except for the g nose and bigger engine) , that and some other standard cars that I can't name right now.

Last edited:
Points at profile pic(edit well technically that's a 280Z not a 240zg, same body except for the g nose and bigger engine) , that and some other standard cars that I can't name right now.

Ah, yes. :D I was somehow thinking only about the newer cars.

Are you able to put any wheel on any car in real life? I don't know much about cars, but I know that you can't install every wheel out there to your car.

My English skills lack, but I try to explain. Some of the rims have 4 bolt holes, some of them have 6. Then again, your car has 6 bolts, you can't fit a rim with 4 bolt holes.

Not every wheel obviously, but there are literally hundreds of different wheels offered from numerous brands. Depending on the popularity of the vehicle and/or bolt pattern, that number may vary. However, look at any car in GT5, they have few different wheels offered, and the variety is mainly made up with different colors/finishes. Now look at a game such as Need for Speed Prostreet, there are probably well over 40-50 different wheels alone for a vehicle, and there's a separate paint/finish shop for the wheels.* Heck, look at the amount of wheels offered in GT4 (not considering the used lot where many of the wheels wouldn't fit anyways).

*Yes I know you can paint the wheels in GT5, but Prostreet offers a full paint shop (any color), finish selection (matte, gloss, etc.), and yes even size selection.

Don't know if this has been said but here it goes.
oFerrari F10/F2007 able to compete in a&b-spec events.
Please polyphony make it happen

It would be really nice if they required you to heel-and-toe on downshifts, like in rfactor, instead of matching the revs for you. I would also love it if the game didnt force the car into neutral when you didnt shift perfectly. Then it would be more realistic.

Don't know if its been suggested, But I think its time for customizable paintwork (Stickers, Sponsers etc.) Too add a boost of authenticity to the game, and that would coin into what suggestion was posted earlier, A GT online dealer where you can buy eachothers cars like bidding on eBay. Discuss your thoughts.

More replay controls is what I would like - can't believe fast forward and rewind were left out! Also a car or track pack to get people back into the game!

It would be really nice if they required you to heel-and-toe on downshifts, like in rfactor, instead of matching the revs for you. I would also love it if the game didnt force the car into neutral when you didnt shift perfectly. Then it would be more realistic.

It does. At least with my G25 anyway.

Also, I would love to see more info on weight distribution, as well as basic info on ALL cars. There is no reason for some cars to have completely blank stats.

Just heel and toe correctly anyway. I do wish i was punished for when i did it incorrectly though.

Just heel and toe correctly anyway. I do wish i was punished for when i did it incorrectly though.

Oh so it does have a rev limiter then on down shifting. i dont see no feature to turn on rev limiter. and how much clutch is available for slipping?

Latest Posts

Back