Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Man I have 3 million credits its hard not to spend all of it. I have plans on getting lots of cars and I dont want to blow it all in one go.

This update is now tempting me for a impulse buy!

PD....really....improve the AI and add some difficulty levels more!! :banghead:

Can't we change the AI for real players? :D

The best for me from the update is the 12 cars,the new track variation and the new scapes...

As endurance fan.... Only 2 Races in the new GT Mode is a joke :banghead:

Happy Christmas to everyone! :cheers:

If they did that people would then start complaining about the DR/SR rating and being matched with players just intent on ramming... and then players would want them to swap online players for AI players...

They can't win.

I just want competitive A.I.. Too much to ask? I'm cool with sport mode, and like racing online. But, I'd love to practice on Nurburgring Nordschleife for example with full grid of AI, without having to slowdown to avoid cars at corners because the AI is timid.

I'm very happy with the update. Only had a quick look so far but the single player stuff is handy for those days when none of the sport races appeal to me, and more cars are always welcome.

Looking forward to the next updates too - so far I'm very happy with this game.

Can someone please try to explain to me why people FORGOT that GT League was getting more races in 2018? DID THEY NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE PS BLOG THAT ANNOUNCED IT?

Also did you really expect anything from the AI, at least be glad they're not the 🤬 Drivatars from Forza

Can someone please try to explain to me why people FORGOT that GT League was getting more races in 2018? DID THEY NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE PS BLOG THAT ANNOUNCED IT?

Also did you really expect anything from the AI, at least be glad they're not the 🤬 Drivatars from Forza
Don't recall the announcement saying that. Could you provide a lonk link??

PD....really....improve the AI and add some difficulty levels more!! :banghead:

In "Arcade" you can create a "Custom Race" and set the Opponents Level higher than the level of the car you are using, for example when you drive N500, set opponents to N700 and professional and you will have yourself quite a challenge.
You also can alter more things there, for example turn off the boost effect. I feel that even on the same level, set on professional, the AI is way better than in normal Arcade-races.

Last edited:

Yes, God forbid we have several levels of difficulty and an AI that can sometimes be a challenge. Wouldn't want that. Let's stick to the tried and true conga line with a rabbit at the front that you catch in one lap. Quality gameplay, straight to you in 2017.

I really like where PD is heading with the increasing emphasis on actual racing. The numbers that get plastered onto the road cars is a nice touch, only made slightly annoying by the fact that you still can't change it outside the Livery Editor, and numbers which you add yourself are overwritten anyway.

I'd have liked there to be an indicator of how many trophies you won in the event on the event select screen, and I'm assuming that the prize car is only awarded at the end of every league?

These are only minor hinderances to the otherwise amazing experience, and I don't expect to have my every wish granted. For the first time, PD have actually humbled themselves and listened to the majority!

Here's my patch breakdown video for those interested! Lots to digest in this one but another move in the right direction! Good to see a dev that is very proactive in addressing issues after 10 Years of playing Forza and seeing Turn 10's horrendous excuse for post release support!

In "Arcade" you can create a "Custom Race" and set the Opponents Level higher than the level of the car you are using, for example when you drive N500, set opponents to N700 and professional and you will have yourself quite a challenge.
You also can alter more things there, for example turn off the boost effect. I feel that even on the same level, set on professional, the AI is way better than in normal Arcade-races.

I don't use boost, no driving aids, no fictional driving aids..

And still expecting in "Custom race" to be able to have a practice session and qualifying session like other sims already have in PS4

I'm not looking for "track day" with any N "x" car Vs higher N "x" cars to have some challenge...

I want for example "simulate" an blancpain GT3 race with Gr3 cars and have a challenge with them and that a driving mistake make you loose some precious time..

That can only be achieved through improving the AI.
Would also be grateful to see an "agresivity % slider" for the AI
And multiclass races to be able "simulate" an WEC race..

So,those offline i look forward i got them in Pcars 2 and assetto corsa.

The best thing from GT Sport for me is the sport mode with his matchmaking..
But it's bad organised...

Apart of the "daily races" and the 2 FIA events it would be great to see other Championships, endurance events, weekly races.... They got a good basis like iracing... But not good managed..

Overall, good update, but expected way more

If they did that people would then start complaining about the DR/SR rating and being matched with players just intent on ramming... and then players would want them to swap online players for AI players...

They can't win.
They can win. It requires competence. That's all. How hard is it to create RACES in a race game? Other devs can do this. Why can't PD? GT6 start last miles behind the leader and still win isn't racing.

They gave us the tools to do that in create race mode. Why couldn't they use that themselves?

People pointing out the faults are not haters or trolls. Mistakes are mistakes. They have to be talked about. It is the defence of GTS clear faults that is bloody unusual behaviour.

The problem with that is that, particularly on tracks with longer stretches, the AI cars (now a couple of performance levels higher) will just outspeed you but get in the way around corners etc. which is not particularly fun. It's almost like racing against really bad rubber-band opponents instead of having duels extending for a couple of laps side to side with the same opponent. :/

It's often better to drop down a tyre compound or two instead - of course the game does not recognise or reward this. We definitely need rid of the rabbit cars and the "absolutely must win" mindset.
Chase down the field has to stop. I used an N300 WRX in the N500 Clubman race at Suzuka. I took 2nd at the start of the 2nd lap. The leader had 10 seconds on me. I passed him on the run down to spoon. AI programmed to do that can't be fixed with a tyre choice.

I did get a 40% bonus for using N300 against N500 though.

They can win. It requires competence. That's all. How hard is it to create RACES in a race game? Other devs can do this. Why can't PD? GT6 start last miles behind the leader and still win isn't racing.

They gave us the tools to do that in create race mode. Why couldn't they use that themselves?

People pointing out the faults are not haters or trolls. Mistakes are mistakes. They have to be talked about. It is the defence of GTS clear faults that is bloody unusual behaviour.

You answered your own question within your response - if you don't like the races Polyphony provide then just create your own lobby and use the create tools to tailor it to your need??

That's what I have done and had some great races online...

And in relation to other racing games... I have had worse races on Forza and PC2 that I completely avoid the online portion of those games.

You answered your own question within your response - if you don't like the races Polyphony provide then just create your own lobby and use the create tools to tailor it to your need??

That's what I have done and had some great races online...

And in relation to other racing games... I have had worse races on Forza and PC2 that I completely avoid the online portion of those games.
Offline mate. Offline.

Back