Patch 2.0 - All Platforms

Damn, buying this tomorrow, was hoping 2.0 would fix most stuff :(
Don't worry too much, the game is really good fun.

EDIT: double post
The game hasn't asked me to download version 2 - could it have downloaded in the background with needing to ask me? Or do I need to do something to access download??
depends on your settings. Highlight the pCARS game icon and press start then check for latest update. It'll tell you there if one is available or whether you've got the latest version already.

Don't worry too much, the game is really good fun.

EDIT: double post

depends on your settings. Highlight the pCARS game icon and press start then check for latest update. It'll tell you there if one is available or whether you've got the latest version already.
You on Xbox One? Patch hasn't dropped for it yet.
The PC & PS4 update automatically at least in my case. I use Steam for my PC.
I think pCARS site has explanation for Xbone.

I don't think I've had any major bugs in my first ten hours of this game. I suppose it's the people with problems are the most vocal. However, I haven't tested a long endurance race or anything yet.

The only real problem I came across is the random invalidating of lap times in karting for no reason. It's not a problem in the slightest anyways.

And the AI is pretty perfect for me. I've driven in the wet before and was way off the AI, but that was just before downloading this patch. They're not as aggressive as everyone makes them out to be. If wyou brake too earlier, they might try a move up the inside. But you should be looking in your mirrors anyways. I haven't been put off the road by them at all really. However that's not the same in Karting. They're very aggressive, and I more aggressive in it! It quickly becomes a game of bumper cars lol. Oh actually, that's another problem: every time I bump into the AI from behind, the AI suddenly loses the ability to turn their wheel and end up driving off the road me feeling all bad for them :(

I don't know if it's programmesd in the AI, but I do feel that if you're aggressive, they'll be aggressive back to you. So, as James May said: Give them an inch, and they'll give you a whole mile.

Still have the center spring issue and it appears to be just as infrequent as before...maybe 1/20 times? I have still seen crazy fast AI in the HTC @ Monza for example @ level 80 leader was pulling away from me at the same pace I was pulling away from everyone else.

No real difference in the AI driving in rain from what I can tell. I did a race in the rain, but didn't save and re-did the race with 2.0 and basically the same AI traction in the rain as before. Something tells me they don't want the pendulum to swing back and forth too much (which is fine), so they are adjusting things a little bit as time goes on.

But with having the AI be adjustable I don't mind the AI issues as much, I've already thrown my affinity level out the window after it was too late and I realized what it was, so I just restart races all the time now to make the AI on my bumper the whole race. It's still better than GT AI if that is even considered AI :lol:

Jerome

Still have the center spring issue and it appears to be just as infrequent as before...maybe 1/20 times? I have still seen crazy fast AI in the HTC @ Monza for example @ level 80 leader was pulling away from me at the same pace I was pulling away from everyone else.

No real difference in the AI driving in rain from what I can tell. I did a race in the rain, but didn't save and re-did the race with 2.0 and basically the same AI traction in the rain as before. Something tells me they don't want the pendulum to swing back and forth too much (which is fine), so they are adjusting things a little bit as time goes on.

But with having the AI be adjustable I don't mind the AI issues as much, I've already thrown my affinity level out the window after it was too late and I realized what it was, so I just restart races all the time now to make the AI on my bumper the whole race. It's still better than GT AI if that is even considered AI :lol:

Jerome

Yeah, I've already completely given up on getting the over 50% trophy! It's better really just to enjoy yourself fighting for midfield positions rather than doing a couple of dozen races starting and finishing in first for the sake of the trophy. Though that does rule out platinum, but I've never gone near that before in any game anyways!

Not sure but did they change the collision penalties for 2.0, I spun out and when my car came to rest I was still on the track and facing the wrong direction another car passed me and another one hit me almost head on and I got disqualified for hitting another car...wtf?!? I think SMS needs to add logic to penalties, like if you spin out you aren't actively trying to crash other racers. I almost flipped but I was doing a quick race weekend to test things out, first time I ever encountered this. Anyone else can confirm that you get DQ if you get head on collisions with another car?

I've had this too. Seems pretty simple to solve just by putting the player's speed into the algorithm. Say, if you're doing less than 20-30mph it's not a DQ. Simple IF THEN statement.

Last edited:
on ps4. I found that the pit strategy is still broke. Did an endurance race in gt3 at road of America. When I went to pit the pit strategy changed the tire preassure to 2.50 bar (I had set and saved it for 1.85) then I lowered the preassure and continued ob track. Only to find that the tires now stated overheating like no tomorrow.

Second thing I'm looking forward to is to change the ai different by increments of less than 10% at 80 I was 2-3 seconds faster. At 90 the ai race phase was my qualifying time. So what to pick. Something a bit on the easy side. Or 156 qualifying laps :odd:

Question, has this update looked at the issue of random gear ratios and other various things changingt? (during tuning) I've not played since day one patch, witcher has been taking my time.

Question, has this update looked at the issue of random gear ratios and other various things changingt? (during tuning) I've not played since day one patch, witcher has been taking my time.
When using H-shifter I can now downshift from e.g. 6th to 3rd gear in one time,
Before the patch, the same downsifting would result in the indicator showing 5th gear, while the stick was in 3rd. I had to shift down one gear at the time to get the correct reading.
So that has been fixed. I never suffered the bug where the car would shift down several gears on its own...

They've ballsed up another patch but it's ok because they told us about it? Obviously their internal testing is severely lacking

What's wrong with you (people)? Developer don't communicate -> they are bad. SMS communicates as much as possible (even if something goes wrong) -> they are bad. Is everything you do perfect on the first try? Sony/MS QA appartement is much bigger than the internal one. Of course such a small studio is not that fast/good as those of the big developers

You make it sound like SMS is 3 people sitting in a shed somewhere in rural England.

Aren't they? :D

I know the size of the studio and staff size shouldn't be an excuse at all but sometimes I feel that people don't want to believe that they are even trying which is very frustrating. And also the main reason I'm not posting much on here anymore.

What's wrong with you (people)? Developer don't communicate -> they are bad. SMS communicates as much as possible (even if something goes wrong) -> they are bad. Is everything you do perfect on the first try? Sony/MS QA appartement is much bigger than the internal one. Of course such a small studio is not that fast/good as those of the big developers
It's the internetz. Damned if you do and damned if you don't...with some people anyway.

Well it would help if SMS would stop submitting patches with bugs. Patch 2.0 has failed MS cert and has to be fixed and resubmitted. SMH, what a joke sms!

"What Microsoft found was an edge case we'd not have spotted in months of testing."
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33953-Patch-2-0&p=1040471&viewfull=1#post1040471

The patch wasn't bugged. They just found a bug that was there since some months and they obliged SMS to fix it now.

Edit: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33953-Patch-2-0&p=1040705&viewfull=1#post1040705

"What Microsoft found was an edge case we'd not have spotted in months of testing."
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33953-Patch-2-0&p=1040471&viewfull=1#post1040471

The patch wasn't bugged. They just found a bug that was there since some months and they obliged SMS to fix it now.

Edit: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33953-Patch-2-0&p=1040705&viewfull=1#post1040705
Interesting that they found a bug with the G920 wheel which is not even out yet and felt compelled to make SMS work it out when there's been numerous different bugs with my T300 since launch but most haven't been fixed yet (such as random loss of FFB, all buttons stop working, wheel rotates to wrong angle on grid). Priorities, y'all.

Interesting that they found a bug with the G920 wheel which is not even out yet and felt compelled to make SMS work it out when there's been numerous different bugs with my T300 since launch but most haven't been fixed yet (such as random loss of FFB, all buttons stop working, wheel rotates to wrong angle on grid). Priorities, y'all.

Mismanagement of resources and lack of beta testing.

Yes it's my biggest gripe with the game. All wheels, no matter the make or model and whichever platform they're used for should fully work.

EDIT: and I don't mean every wheel in the world obviously lol

To be honest, 2.0 improved the game a lot around here.

But I know what you mean. I've been there.

EDIT: PS4 + T500RS

To be honest, 2.0 improved the game a lot around here.

But I know what you mean. I've been there.

EDIT: PS4 + T500RS
Yeah with that wheel I bet you have! I got off lightly with mine. I've yet to see the elimination of the old bugs with 2.0.

I can say that my T500 is bug free since 2.0 on ps4

After experiencing some bugs on the ps4, I only played on the pc version so I can't really name all the issues before v2.0
Right now, I don't have bugs in both versions

that's good. i did report the other day that i'd been playing for several hours and experienced no bugs at all, with wheel or game, but i have encountered the same ones as pre-2.0 since the patch. i'll put some more hours in, document my findings, then play some more regardless 👍

Latest Posts

Back