Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments
Cough cough, online settings... No no tune races, no kick out of room, no ingame text chat etc etc.
My bad.
I don't know anything about that.
I only race career, free practice, WE races because I have no subscription for PS+
(Will probably change to PC soon)
So, my opinium did not cover any MP stuff.

On the other hand, I played MP in GT6/PS3 and that was not so great either...

Last edited:
This has always happened in Simbin/SMS games from GTR/GTR2 through Race and now into PC. As soon as you simulate a session, made up AI times faster than you always appear pushing you to the back.

Yeah, there was a line in each car file called "Comparative Time" that changed things. Done right it could make things fairly accurate (say an LMP1 had CT=100, and GT2 = 105, it would make a fairly accurate difference) but put the wrong number in it or don't put it in at all and chaos :lol: - worth noting that you could totally remove this effect however and not have times messed up with one of the track file lines...

Only issues PCARS wise I am having is the game crashing sometimes (PS4). Otherwise none, which surprises me with some of the issues people been reporting.

Might you elaborate the not so accurate things on Sonoma Raceway a little bit? I'm just curious. :)
Turn 4 is too flat, the rise leading into turn 6 is too close to the turn, turn 6 isn't banked enough or steep enough, and turn 11 short doesn't have the drop off.

All together the flow feels very off, like it's meant to be Sonoma clearly but in too many places it just doesn't feel like Sonoma. It feels like it was recycled from an older game...

Turn 4 is too flat, the rise leading into turn 6 is too close to the turn, turn 6 isn't banked enough or steep enough, and turn 11 short doesn't have the drop off.

All together the flow feels very off, like it's meant to be Sonoma clearly but in too many places it just doesn't feel like Sonoma. It feels like it was recycled from an older game...
Run the games side by side and you will see ALOT of that.

It certainly 'looks' like Sonoma, my point is it doesn't feel like Sonoma. Elevations and key turns are not how they should be. And it's my favorite track to race on... Probably because its the only track I've not taken a flag home from. It's a very hard and very dangerous track.

My assessment is based on hundreds of real world racing laps.

I have simular experience on the nearby (as far as race tracks are 'near' one another) Willow Springs and Laguna Seca and they are quite well done, my feedback there is minuscule...

I'm most impressed with the Nurburgring as I mentioned earlier, knowing it's not laser scanned, but I've driven handfuls of laps there too, enough to feel a clear difference from AC's version but not enough to be as critical of it as Sonoma.

Take with a grain of salt, I don't want to demolish the value of it to those that might never know, but for personal reasons I am very sensitive to how that track is done due to it being useless to aiding my real world experience.

It certainly 'looks' like Sonoma, my point is it doesn't feel like Sonoma. Elevations and key turns are not how they should be. And it's my favorite track to race on... Probably because its the only track I've not taken a flag home from. It's a very hard and very dangerous track.

I have simular experience on the nearby (as far as race tracks are 'near' one another) Willow Springs and Laguna Seca and they are quite well done, my feedback there is minuscule...

I'm most impressed with the Nurburgring as I mentioned earlier, knowing it's not laser scanned, but I've driven handfuls of laps there too, enough to feel a clear difference from AC's version but not enough to be as critical of it as Sonoma.

Take with a grain of salt, I don't want to demolish the value of it to those that might never know, but for personal reasons I am very sensitive to how that track is done due to it being useless to aiding my real world experience.
Ok fair enough. Great track though, not raced on it before this game personally. Would like to see Sebring appear too. Anyone know the chances of that happening?

Hi @Famine. Try these settings posted by a user in the help section on here. They made using a controller a great experience for me for every car in the game. It would be interesting to see if you feel an improvement over the standard settings. I used a wheel in GT6 and a controller when I didn't have time to set up my wheel stand. I'm the same in Project Cars. However using a controller in Project Cars since changing to the settings below I found to be a huge improvement over a controller in Gran Turismo.

Good luck

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: ON
Soft Steering Damping: ON
Visual Wheel Filtering: ON
Opposite Lock Help: OFF

Steering Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 10
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 10

Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 30
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 70

Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Last edited:
I used a wheel in GT6 and a controller when I didn't have time to set up my wheel stand.
:lol: I'm like that, except my wheel and seat are permanently set up - I just can't be bothered most of the time and sit next to it in my swivel chair and turn the TV.

I'll give the settings a bash, cheers 👍

I've done a online race on this track with the GT3 in the past , I didn't knew this track before Project cars and must say I really like this one .

I play on the minimum time setting and once you get through the early stuff I skip all the races I have already done. Also I quite often skip practice and qualifying as well and go straight to race. Starting rear of field makes it interesting ;-)

Also, my theory about why I see so many crashes is because I am so far through the career not too many people have gotten this far and so I am seeing stuff that has not been tested properly.

After reading how your doing your career I got curious why you get so many crash. So I did some experimenting.
This is what I found out. I did a bit of racing in my career then went to solo mode and that's where the fun started.
Load track choose car select paint scheme go in photo mode spin car around go set weather go race 2, 3 laps. Repeat all the above step new track car ect...
The more I was doing this the more the PS4 was working the harder my triple fan cooler was working started to sound like a jet engine and the PS4 was getting real hot. I did this about 10 times and finally on the last race finish I click exit race and P.Cars crash. It made a PS4 report to send to Sony.
Of what I could gather it just plain run out of memory I push it to the limit of what the PS4 could handle.
Like I said I never crash like that but I don't race like you do speed balling in career mode I do full length races practice and all.
Sony told me to make sure the game had the latest patch and the PS4 software be up to date which both are.
The devs for any games are learning to exploit the PS4 to what is capable of doing. Meanwhile common sense should be use if you gonna load a lot of track in a short time I suggest you exit the game once in a while and restart the PS4 it should help you out.

If SMS could optimize there code a bit more same goes for Sony for the software for the PS4 in time it should get better.

Everybody wants everything to be perfect but in reality perfect don't exist, words from a wise old man, me :lol: :lol:

After reading how your doing your career I got curious why you get so many crash. So I did some experimenting.
This is what I found out. I did a bit of racing in my career then went to solo mode and that's where the fun started.
Load track choose car select paint scheme go in photo mode spin car around go set weather go race 2, 3 laps. Repeat all the above step new track car ect...
The more I was doing this the more the PS4 was working the harder my triple fan cooler was working started to sound like a jet engine and the PS4 was getting real hot. I did this about 10 times and finally on the last race finish I click exit race and P.Cars crash. It made a PS4 report to send to Sony.
Of what I could gather it just plain run out of memory I push it to the limit of what the PS4 could handle.
Like I said I never crash like that but I don't race like you do speed balling in career mode I do full length races practice and all.
Sony told me to make sure the game had the latest patch and the PS4 software be up to date which both are.
The devs for any games are learning to exploit the PS4 to what is capable of doing. Meanwhile common sense should be use if you gonna load a lot of track in a short time I suggest you exit the game once in a while and restart the PS4 it should help you out.

If SMS could optimize there code a bit more same goes for Sony for the software for the PS4 in time it should get better.

Everybody wants everything to be perfect but in reality perfect don't exist, words from a wise old man, me :lol: :lol:

This needs to be reported to the devs, changing tracks/cars, photomode and accessing variety of track + stuff in one play session should not cause an issue. I did get a crash when I played - I did change cars several times, try most of the tracks, tune some of them, and the crash occur after about 2 hours ... :( kicked back to XMB, needs better memory management then ... I was trying to get a taste of most of the cars and track on my short play borrowing :lol:

This needs to be reported to the devs, changing tracks/cars, photomode and accessing variety of track + stuff in one play session should not cause an issue. I did get a crash when I played - I did change cars several times, try most of the tracks, tune some of them, and the crash occur after about 2 hours ... :( kicked back to XMB, needs better memory management then ... I was trying to get a taste of most of the cars and track on my short play borrowing :lol:

Yes my session was about 2 hrs. ;)

:lol: I'm like that, except my wheel and seat are permanently set up - I just can't be bothered most of the time and sit next to it in my swivel chair and turn the TV.

Same here when I was on console. I eventually put my chassis on casters. But still spent a lot of time with controller in GT6.

Try starting a race and see how many times you can restart from within the pause menu until the game either crashes, or most likely get no FFB or wonky wheel. It's like a roulette, it really is. I hope SMS continue to work on memory usage, as it's the most likely cause for several bugs IMO.

Sounds like Colonel White's rig in Captain Scarlett.

Sounds like you might be onto something. @TT92 see what happens with you when you run some longer sessions. I must admit I wasn't seeing anything like your issues. I run full length races like @Tired iron.

I'm going to play this game tonight for the first time since patch 3.0 and tbh I fear the worst. Going to have a friend over so we'll be running lots of short quick races with various cars on various tracks, with some likely restarts as we become more and more inebriated. will report back with my findings later.

Unless I can't type or have passed out.

Career - Watkins Glen GT3, 100%. In the dry the AI run approx 30.4 seconds in the first sector, in the rain they are running about 30.9, it's a joke. In the dry i get 29.xxx and in the wet i get 32.xxx (yes, i changed the tune accordingly).
Every patch has mentioned slowing down the AI in the wet, yet it never happens.

On another note, is the SLS one of the poorer gt3 cars in the wet? In the dry it seems a beast.

Excellent work Sherlock! Your theory would explain why I'm not seeing half as many problems as others. I like to do long races, career is on 100% length and most online races are at least 8 laps long.

Had no problems at all in the few hours I played tonight, everything ran as intended. There's a lot of stuff in patch 3.0 I'm happy about, will try out the new FFB modes next time.

Noticed a couple of graphical tweaks, the first being they've smoothed the framerate round the final corner at Spa so it judders less, and also some of the detail pop ups on the tyre stacks at Road America look a lot better than before. Pretty much ran smooth round every track I tried.

Aaaaand the crashes to XMB are back.

There I was, two hours into the 6 hours of Watkings Glen, and out of nowhere, boom: back to the PS4 UI.

What a joke.

Back