Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments
I was on track, outside of the pitlane line, as was the AI car, but I don't really care where we were, a car should not be able to drive through another car (outside of online lag).

Sloppy programming. That's what that is.
It sounds like you ran the red light leaving the pitts and pulled in front of the AI. Doesn't GT6 quick race use ghosting in their online races also. I ghosting only happens when leaving the pitts , it gives you a chance to get righht

It sounds like you ran the red light leaving the pitts and pulled in front of the AI. Doesn't GT6 quick race use ghosting in their online races also. I ghosting only happens when leaving the pitts , it gives you a chance to get righht
I wasn't leaving the pits. I was on the track. The AI was leaving the pits and it drove right through me.

To those people who say "they have not experienced any bugs on PS4":

* Is it the disc version or download version?

* What wheel (if any) do you use?

* How many hours played on PCARs

I use a Thrustmaster T300, I have the Disc version and about 260 hours.

Also do an endurance race that requires a pit stop and try an change to wet tyres! See what you get ;-)

I also have not had one issue with any other PS4 game or app.

I'd want to know the PS4 Model Number too, there may be something up with a certain model that is causing some issues that not everyone is seeing.

Jerome

PS4
After : Patch 3.0
Car GT4 Ginetta 55
Track : Sakitto
Weather : clear
Wheel T300 RS
Free practice : 30min play
Issue : la la la la landmine car stay for a couple of second in second gear without moving ...... unbelievable :boggled:
First time I'm deleting my profile file so lets see if this could help me .
Damn you Project Cars I'm angry:ouch:

Last edited:
I'd want to know the PS4 Model Number too, there may be something up with a certain model that is causing some issues that not everyone is seeing.

Jerome

Model # CUH-1002A first shipment to Australia, bought day one launch. Oh and it's a black one ;-)

BTW I have no other problems with any other game (COD Ghosts, COD AW, Drive Club, Wolfenstein, Destiny) only PCARS.

The only problem with my PS4 has been the Eject Disc issue which I fixed.

Model # CUH-1002A first shipment to Australia, bought day one launch. Oh and it's a black one ;-)

BTW I have no other problems with any other game (COD Ghosts, COD AW, Drive Club, Wolfenstein, Destiny) only PCARS.

The only problem with my PS4 has been the Eject Disc issue which I fixed.

Are you getting error code CE-34878-0 by any chance?

I had this error code 4 times in a row yesterday whilst trying to set up a race with a Lotus 72 online. Gets as far as the lobby then spits me out to XMB report error option to Sony, similar to how you were experiencing.

It listed me 4 (OTT) options, basically -

1. It's an update problem, reinstall update and restart system.
2. If you've ever changed HDD then change it back.
3. If error happens again, back up save then control+alt+delete you're entire PS4 system.
4. If everything crashes like Pcars then call Sony support.

Hmm, which one of these would anyone want to try?

I had this error code 4 times in a row yesterday whilst trying to set up a race with a Lotus 72 online. Gets as far as the lobby then spits me out to XMB report error option to Sony, similar to how you were experiencing.

It listed me 4 (OTT) options, basically -

1. It's an update problem, reinstall update and restart system.
2. If you've ever changed HDD then change it back.
3. If error happens again, back up save then control+alt+delete you're entire PS4 system.
4. If everything crashes like Pcars then call Sony support.

Hmm, which one of these would anyone want to try?
I'd say start at number 1 of course. I hope to never see number 2 myself as I wouldn't want to remove my 2TB drive and go back to the stock one.

You could also try deleting the game and reinstalling.

I have a day one PS4 , I have the downloaded edition of pcars and I'm using a T300 GTE with standard pedals , not once has the game crashed my console . I used to get a few minor bugs but since 2.0 I hardly have an issue at all . I mostly play career and full length races . The only game I've encountered that froze my console was fifa 14 I think .

OK for someone waiting for the xbox 1 patch....... is that delayed because MS have spotted an issue with said patch which is crashing systems...?

Its very difficult on the PCars forum to get any info before the fanboi's start spitting in your face.... personally from friends and from various forums not just game ones (car forums) PS4 players (not ALL) are getting alot of crashes...

Well, they manage to not hit you some of the time. Why should they get a free pass straight out of the pits?

Because the game is a piece of steenking cheat.

It may be possessed by THE DEVIL!

Take, for example, this pit stop. I went in to pit because I rear-ended some slow jagoff coming out of eau rouge. Then, we all got plowed at Les Combs. What does the game decide to do when my car finally pulls in? Donuts. For 5 laps. By some miracle, the car finally stopped. I got my repairs, but now my tires were completely gone. I wiped out on eau rouge and lost my tires.

II0331Z.jpg

**** this game.

Love the game, but I have to be honest...After Patch 3.0 this fun and full of potential game is a wee bit broken. I had no crashes up until now. Before Patch 3.0 I got the occasional FFB loss on the wheel. Now after 3.0 I get more FFB losses and I've been plagued with crashes to the PS4 Home Screen.

Yes, that is the error code I get.

It listed me 4 (OTT) options, basically -.?

1. It's an update problem, reinstall update and restart system.?

The problem started day one without any updates available. It has continued after every update that has been installed.

2. If you've ever changed HDD then change it back.?
Orriginal HD as is everthing else in my PS4

3. If error happens again, back up save then control+alt+delete you're entire PS4 system.?
Why? This is the only game that has a problem. Also there is no control+alt+delete on a PS4. There is "Re-initialise" though ;-)

4. If everything crashes like Pcars then call Sony support.?
See above. My PS4 works fine with *everything* else.

Because the game is a piece of steenking cheat.

It may be possessed by THE DEVIL!

Take, for example, this pit stop. I went in to pit because I rear-ended some slow jagoff coming out of eau rouge. Then, we all got plowed at Les Combs. What does the game decide to do when my car finally pulls in? Donuts. For 5 laps. By some miracle, the car finally stopped. I got my repairs, but now my tires were completely gone. I wiped out on eau rouge and lost my tires.

II0331Z.jpg

**** this game.

This should be posted on the official forum :lol: It is hilarious as well as annoying though ...

Looks like the 3.0 patch increases the chance of crash to happen ... my mate just did the 3.0 update and crashed within an hour when doing TT :ouch: He was looking forward for great things after reading the 3.0 patch notes :(

Last edited:
@TT92 how much stuff you have plugged in the same circuit as your PS4 ? I was reading a thread on this forums (i think) that someone was having problems with PS4 and long story short the voltage was dipping below recommded levels and crashing .

Say with me , if Pcars is pushing your PS4 (and it will) your fans run hard and could give you a voltage dip

The guy bought a small UPS witch has voltage regulator in and battery back up

just food for thought look and see what's plugged in ,TV, stereo, PC,laptop ,PS3,PS4,etc

PS4 consumes less power than PS3 ( fat and slim ) right ? Don't think PS4 with fans on full speed will cause voltage drop at all .... This is the 1st time I heard voltage is an issue when playing a game console software ...

My T300 is affected by voltage fluctuations. Whenever I turn my 12" desk fan on the wheel disconnects. Tried every socket in the room, still happens. Never had a console do this though

My T300 is affected by voltage fluctuations. Whenever I turn my 12" desk fan on the wheel disconnects. Tried every socket in the room, still happens. Never had a console do this though

PS4 and PS3 consoles have good PSU which provides stable voltage, unless the PSU is faulty, which it won't turn on.

For your T300, that's not the wheel issue, you need to check your house electrical circuit or it may be the desk fan :)

That happened to me in my GT4 race. I went out of the pits and a Ginetta drove straight through my M3. Made sure it was a bug so I tried crossing paints with the Ginetta and he was solid again.

@TT92 how much stuff you have plugged in the same circuit as your PS4 ? I was reading a thread on this forums (i think) that someone was having problems with PS4 and long story short the voltage was dipping below recommded levels and crashing .

Say with me , if Pcars is pushing your PS4 (and it will) your fans run hard and could give you a voltage dip

The guy bought a small UPS witch has voltage regulator in and battery back up

just food for thought look and see what's plugged in ,TV, stereo, PC,laptop ,PS3,PS4,etcShort answer is, /QUOTE]

Thank you for the thought but believe me when I say this is definitely not the problem. Short answer is, it is on a dedicated circuit straight to my fuse box.

We definitely know Project CARS is using any and all available resource on the consoles, so it's not unthinkable that it's running into certain limits (e.g. thermal or other). Crash reports sent to Sony should reflect this, nothing much you can do from this end but report it. That said, since a lot of crashes are happening since 3.0, a patch issue is more likely. One does not exclude the other BTW, so even if they fix what was broken in 3.0, there's still no guarantee that your problems are also gone.

*UPDATE*

My problem that the game would crash every time I entered my garage and tried to tune my Lotus 49 Cosworth has fixed itself.

I went to Quick Race Weekend, selected the car and the Silverstone International track, drove out of the pits onto the track and then selected "return to pit box". I could then edit my tuning setup.

Since doing this I can now enter "My Garage" select this car and edit the tune from there as well with out crashing the game. I have done this several times and it has not crashed once.

I have done nothing, change nothing, not edited any settings on my PS4, zip, zilch, SFA, nuthin'. It just decided to work.

Go Figure that one out people ;-)

Edit: Where I said " the PS4 would crash every time" I actually meant "the game would crash and exit me back to the XMB screen with an error report message" I have amended the text above.

Last edited:
*UPDATE*

My problem that the PS4 would crash every time I entered my garage and tried to tune my Lotus 49 Cosworth has fixed itself.

I went to Quick Race Weekend, selected the car and the Silverstone International track, drove out of the pits onto the track and then selected "return to pit box". I could then edit my tuning setup.

Since doing this I can now enter "My Garage" select this car and edit the tune from there as well with out crashing the game. I have done this several times and it has not crashed once.

I have done nothing, change nothing, not edited any settings on my PS4, zip, zilch, SFA, nuthin'. It just decided to work.

Magic moment

*UPDATE*

My problem that the PS4 would crash every time I entered my garage and tried to tune my Lotus 49 Cosworth has fixed itself.

Its more than likely it just moved to another car rather than fixed itself. A lot of bugs get shewed off more than squashed.

maybe a fix , in anything it cant hurt

1. Jay B
    user-online.png
    Kart Driver
    reputation_pos.png

Platform
    PS4

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by diesel97
    Has anybody tried "rebuilt data base" i haven't had any crashes YET so i dont need to but some people says it works . Sounds like "defragging " like old days of the PC world
    I just done a data base rebuild from the PS4 safe mode and it keeps all saved data. It does rearrange your game and app locations on the menu screen. I played PCars for an hour plus and had no crashes. Hopefully, this is all I needed to do. Time will tell.
    Remove Your Likes
    The following user likes this Post: diesel97

Reply Reply With Quote

*UPDATE*

Scary actually, it likely means the issues is in at the engine level and not specific to the car... And random! Let's us know if it pops back up.

At least we call talk openly about these oddities here... This thread would have been purged before the end of page one on the main forums.

I used to think that not many posted over there... All the threads seems the same day over day but the page counts never increased. But now I wonder if posts are just being constantly purged.

Scary actually, it likely means the issues is in at the engine level and not specific to the car... And random! Let's us know if it pops back up.

At least we call talk openly about these oddities here... This thread would have been purged before the end of page one on the main forums.

I used to think that not many posted over there... All the threads seems the same day over day but the page counts never increased. But now I wonder if posts are just being constantly purged.
Yeah, this forum is great. Freedom of speech is present.

Back