Patch 5 for PS4 is therePS4 

• Thread starter DeuxMilles
  • 146 comments
It feels odd to me. Although making a few setup changes and it's slightly better in some areas.

I suppose its hard to drive in real life, too. Just for the record, a 911 cup car is more challenging than driving a 911 GT3 car, i guess its the same with Ferrari. Its raw power makes it a bit tricky, way more power than a GT3 car.

What i really like is that they didnt just add one new car - they added a whole series with teams/liverys from three continents - EU, NA and Asia.

I suppose its hard to drive in real life, too. Just for the record, a 911 cup car is more challenging than driving a 911 GT3 car, i guess its the same with Ferrari. Its raw power makes it a bit tricky, way more power than a GT3 car.

What i really like is that they didnt just add one new car - they added a whole series with teams/liverys from three continents - EU, NA and Asia.

I've heard the opposite from somebody who drove the 488 challenge IRL. According to him the car is incredibly pleasant to drive and makes one feel like a Pro driver.

I'm in Florida and I'm downloading right now.

Thanks to the original poster

Says it'll take 3 hours

Size: 3.481GB

Most of my games Auto download so if it wasn't for the original posting I wouldn't even know there was an update

I had to go to the game on the crossbar screen and hit the options button and then go down to "check for updates"

Most of my games Auto download so if it wasn't for the original posting I wouldn't even know there was an update

I had to go to the game on the crossbar screen and hit the options button and then go down to "check for updates"

It was automatic for me.

Mine came in much quicker than the three hours that it originally estimated

Will there be patch notes so we know what is different?

Things I've noticed after a couple of hours last night:

• GTE and GT3 certainly feel different after patch 5. Not bad - just different.
  • My first impression is they feel looser but easier to recover when they get sideways (I did a few laps in the Ford GTE, Corvette GTE and Acura GT3). Also the feeling from my T300 when the fronts lose grip is harsher than it felt before - the wheel seems to go loose far more abruptly.
  • Indycar seems to have had a qualifying trim performance boost. It is 720bhp vs about 650bhp in race. I don't think it was like that before but its been a while since I raced Indycar.
  • You can now switch between the various default setups in forced setup races without having to quit to a single player session! Nice one SMS - I was really hoping you'd get round to this at some point.
  • The 488 Challenge is hard. Very very loose in default trim - I have not got round to tweaking it yet.

From the experience of an online race last night, I'm certain the ghosting has changed. It seems much more like GTS with cars going transparent when you get close to contact regardless if they are spinning or going off track or not.

Good and bad change. Ghosting was an option to stop wreakers going the wrong way to ruin your race but you still could get in the way of each other in a race. Now... hmm... a bit more like a simultaneous time trial? Only had the one experience of it though.

I guess this is a deliberate change? We'll have to remember to keep ghosting off for league races.

Sorry but that's not true. A cup car is far more foregiving. It has much more aero so on straights it's slower than a normal gt3. Only the speed in curves is much faster in a cup car and you can brake much later because of more aero and downforce. You need bigger balls to drive a normal gt3 to it'slimit than a gt3 cup car. And trust me....I know what I'm talking about.

First post on a message board and you say "trust me, I know what I'm talking about." Why not elaborate and make us envious?

Take it easy It wasnt my intention to make somebody envious. And if so I'm so sorryy:) I only say trust me because what I have written above is a fact, and it's also necessary to understand such things and differencies, when you do simracing.

Take it easy It wasnt my intention to make somebody envious. And if so I'm so sorryy:) I only say trust me because what I have written above is a fact, and it's also necessary to understand such things and differencies, when you do simracing.
Probably best to give people a reason to trust you first, otherwise your just some dude on the internet with an opinion ;)

Oh my god....why should I give you a reason:) Read my post....trust it or not. Of course im a dude on the internet with an opinion. At the moment im on the internet and yeah I have a opinion. Hope thats fine for you:)

Back