Patch 5 for PS4 is therePS4 

• Thread starter DeuxMilles
  • 146 comments
Glad I'm not the only one who found that the 488 Challenge is a bit tricky to drive. I keep spinning out even on slow corners on stock Stable setup.
When I started to drive it, I struggled. Mine was actually mostly on the power down and corner entry. Got used to the car with some setup changes.

And trust me....I know what I'm talking about.
On the internet, when people say that. they usually don't. Plus, we do like stories.

Oh my god....why should I give you a reason:) Read my post....trust it or not. Of course im a dude on the internet with an opinion. At the moment im on the internet and yeah I have a opinion. Hope thats fine for you:)
Makes absolutely no difference to me but might help you around here. You’re throwing around words like fact and envious and asking people to trust you when they know absolutely nothing about you.

When I started to drive it, I struggled. Mine was actually mostly on the power down and corner entry. Got used to the car with some setup changes.

I'm not used to tuning but I did try to increase the aero and adjust the suspension but I keep spinning out on corner entry. Seems like there's too much oversteer. What do you change on the setup?

I'm not used to tuning but I did try to increase the aero and adjust the suspension but I keep spinning out on corner entry. Seems like there's too much oversteer. What do you change on the setup?
I changed aero. Didn't do anything with the suspension. Changed around with the coast/power things because that's what I really had issues with. There's definitely more room for improvement though but that definitely helped.

It' also available to us X Box folk now..

Happy days :)

The Ferrari shall go into the draw now for my drive every Car on Every track series.

Plus I hace to drive all the cars that passed Leipzig on the 2 new layouts now.. Luckily it' 22 Cars so not so bad :)

Sorry but that's not true. A cup car is far more foregiving. It has much more aero so on straights it's slower than a normal gt3. Only the speed in curves is much faster in a cup car and you can brake much later because of more aero and downforce. You need bigger balls to drive a normal gt3 to it'slimit than a gt3 cup car. And trust me....I know what I'm talking about.

What GT3 are you talking about? The street car? You have to, because a GT3 R race car has more aero than the Cup car. It also has various driving assists like TCS and ABS - the Cup car dosent. So a GT3 race car is indeed easier to drive than a Cup Porsche and also faster. I dont know if this applies to Ferrari though.

Yes I mean the normal Porsche GT3 (street car) in comparison to the GT3 Cup Car from 2017. What you say about the GT3 R is totally right. Maybe it's applies to Ferrari a little bit similiar because of BOP Regulations.

This update is ace! At last the 959 has received its turbo charger and it's a proper fine filly to throw around with that power balance in place. Sounds great too

Have yet to try the new Fezza. It's all about Porsche for me atm. Hope to be able to drive more road cars in the not too distant future.

The update has broken the tyres on The GTO Mustang Transam. Soft and hards hit 50% wear at only 9 or 10 laps at Indy oval and it causes the wheel to have constant vibration like riding over the curb along all of the the straights. Ruined our league race tonight as no-one wants to trash their wheel running laps like that, nor changing tyres every 10 laps in an 80 lap race. Before the update the tyres were good for 30 or more laps and you could stretch them to 40 and at no point did the tyres want to burn out your wheel.

Soft and hard slicks broken. Wets seem unaffected.

Also 3 players in our room tonight we're unable to access the menu to load setups

Patch 5 has brought back the different fuel level bug in forced setup races.

Mustang 302 GT4 at Indy.
Mustang Transam GTO at Indy.

Hopefully this will be patched soon.

It´s my impression or the hard tires are less grip now? GT3 CLass less stable with hard tires
The new ferrari with loose default setup it´s very hard to drive.
When I brake strong in straight line the car flees to the right
Weird
PS4 player

Ywp
Steering wheel vibration all over the place driving the 959 around Daytona Oval. What have they done!??
Yep slick tyre model for some cars now broken. My post earlier covers issues with the GTO Mustang Transam. Wets seem unaffected.

It's kind of surreal to see race cars included in the game that I have driven in real life. Three of the Kessel Racing liveried 488 Challenge cars that have been included in the game are cars that I've driven myself. WEIRD!

Should we assume SMS has reached the limits of optimizing the game for the original PS4? I always have my fingers crossed that new updates will fix the frame stuttering affecteing specific spots on some tracks, but sadly there doesn't seem to be such improvements in this update.

Last edited:
So yesterday and today I got around to do some testing with the new patch. I must admit I'm actually incredibly frustrated. Running mainly GT3 and GTE everything feels entirely different. I don't understand the tire model at all and having the worst time getting workable tunes while my old tunes were perfect for me and the cars a pleasure to drive. I now don't have the confidence to lean on the cars I usually drive as I could before even with softs. Hards are a complete mystery to me. The cars are just unpredictable on hards.
Why the hell did they have to fiddle around with the tire model like that?

I dont see this car I thought this was Free DLC
It's included with the update.

It's kind of surreal to see race cars included in the game that I have driven in real life. Three of the Kessel Racing liveried 488 Challenge cars that have been included in the game are cars that I've driven myself. WEIRD!
Feel free to let us know your thoughts. Would be great to have a real driver's insight on the car.

How is the game overall now? I was advised to stay away at launch because of bugs.

I’m on PS4 Pro with a G29. I enjoyed the demo, especially that Formula Renault, the 488 in the rain was great too.

Should I wait for the Complete Edition?

How is the game overall now? I was advised to stay away at launch because of bugs.

I’m on PS4 Pro with a G29. I enjoyed the demo, especially that Formula Renault, the 488 in the rain was great too.

Should I wait for the Complete Edition?
I have the same setup as you and haven't had any massive problems. Yes, I've had some minor things and there was a few weeks where the game was crashing left, right and centre but they fixed that rather quickly.

If you enjoyed it, get it.

Hi guys, so I I'm new ro P cars, I don't see the new Ferrari when I select the manufacturer in the main menu, do I hav to unlock it by playing the single player I also do not see gte cars when I filter on quic

Hi guys, so I I'm new ro P cars, I don't see the new Ferrari when I select the manufacturer in the main menu, do I hav to unlock it by playing the single player I also do not see gte cars when I filter on quic
Sounds like you need to delete and reinstall.

I heard sms made a change to the tyrewall flex, I would assume they stiffened it.

I'm in a lotus 72 championship atm and it became very twitchy and 2 seconds a lap slower, after the patch (I did fp before the race on the previous day. When you're fighting for the championship, work on a setup, get it right, then find the tyres changed come quali, was a shock I can tell you). It used to have loads of traction when tamed, now it has none. Also I noticed ALL diff settings in my saved setups for this car have reset to default!

Basically we all now had to use the 30min quali session to relearn and setup the car again. The race was very hard requiring loads of concentration and driving at 90% instead of flat out like I had been doing in previous races. Loads of the top drivers spun. It was almost a mess.

Trouble is, we all had to wait for the patch to install before the race so for many this was the very first car they tried on patch 5. I had only tried the new Ferrari, a new car so no reference point.

Where are these tyre model changes in patch 5 notes?

What was the reason for the change?

Why has the tyre model been changed twice if it was extremely realistic according to their "race driver consultants" Collins and Hamilton (and many of the pros on here)?

Last edited:
Back