Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
I highly doubt this is the case, but if the Most Wanted M3 abandoned car actually ends up the M3 GTR with the stripped out interior and V8 engine + straight cut gears sound I'm gonna absolutely lose it. :eek:
It would be AMAZING :drool:

^^^ Thanks cudwieser, I had a jolly good time driving up north from the city in my Audi R8 and finding Gallo's Porsche. (also good job predicting the car).

I'm not a Porsche fan so I never buy them; the car has a very unique powerband and handling characteristic. Takes a minute for the power to kick in and not a lot of low-end speed, but once it gets moving it really goes. Once you get it into a drift, the car slides effortlessly for as long as you want it to, despite being a race-spec. I found the getaway rather challenging due to the lack of acceleration. The cops were fierce and when I would be rammed or sideswiped, it would eliminate a lot of momentum.

If things go as they seem to be going then the raptor should be next and noise bomb silvia after that. Whether we take a break is to be seen but if patterns are anything then we might get a pagani in 3 weeks.

^^^ Could be... I'm excited for the Pagani since I haven't driven one in the game yet. I wonder if we will get any more updates?

^^^ Could be... I'm excited for the Pagani since I haven't driven one in the game yet. I wonder if we will get any more updates?
I hope so as there is still scope for a few more events and vehicles in the game. We need a few more runners and off roaders and there is a relatively unused part of the map south of the air field. Also the scope for side stories and event series from other characters is their. Hell a crossover is always a thing.

As for the Pig (pagani) it's alright. The Egg is quicker, but the Pig is close enough. It handles pretty well, but not as snappy as the egg. It's a little more stable.

I still haven't unlocked the Huracan yet... That's still going to be my final racer. Been working on Giulia. She's a pretty girl... will reveal her hopefully next week ;)

what is going to be next weeks?

follow-up are they going to repeat former abandoned cars?

If pattern is anything it should be the noise bomb sylvia.

What is it you mean by former? Are you talking about the first lot of cars like the RX7, Volvo's and Baracuda? I doubt they'll be repeated as they are now available to buy, but there was a statement that seemed to suggest there would be a difference in the markers to denote the new and old abandoned cars, so they might. If they do it'll be a few months down the road as we still have a few boss cars to go and suggestion of other random cars. The current crop will almost certainly be repeated so if you missed the cop car, I'd be surprised if they didn't put it up again.

previous abandoned cars that I have missed, because I just started playing Payback two weeks.
Right oh :) The original batch (RX7; Barracuda; 242; Amazon; E30 M3; 2000gt Skyline) are available to buy. They might appear on the map again, but in the mean time they are there for purchase. The current run will doubtless repeat itself, but it's a longer list so patience is keep. A regular update will be placed in this thread so feel free to keep an eye out :) At the minute the Raptor is up with the silvia likely to be next. There is a distinct possibility (no guarentee) that the Pagani will drop the week after. If you want an easier time you might want to wait for it to drop.

Also Came across this on

http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Payback/Abandoned_Cars

Cars

The ones we know about are the boss cars

La Catrina 240Z
Udo Roth Subaru Impreza
Big Sister Mustang
Underground Soldier Skyline R32
Gallo Rivera 911RSR
(all of the above have passed)
Faith Jones Raptor (currently up)
Aki Kimura Silvia
Natalia Nova Pagani
Holtzman C10
Mitko Vasiles GTR R35

and

Legacy cars

RX7
Amazon
Barracuda
E30 M3
2000GTR

So far 2 unique and non payback cars have dropped

LR Defender Shark Attack
Cop Car

That leaves these to come (not counting the remaining payback boss cars)

M3 E46 (Razor) NFS Most Wanted
Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Cold Rim) Unique
Ford Roadster (Halloween) Unique
F Type R (St Patrick) Unique
Diablo SV (New Years) Unique
Exige S (Love Mobile) Unique
MB G63 (Santa Clause) Unique
Nissan 350z (Rachel Teller) NFS Underground

Looking at the list we are due some festive cars, and 2 homage cars. The only standout is the SRT8. Anyone any clues?

Ain't happenin'. I've rage-quit twice on this stupid challenge. What a genius idea.... put a drift car on the furthest point on the map from the one garage you are allowed to use.. I've even set the game to "Easy" temporarily, and I swear it actually made the game harder - Now the Rhinos appear on the blind corners when the action cam is engaged and I can't see them. Even on easy the cop cars literally play pinball with me. 5 times now I've been rammed only to go flying off of the highway and subsequently pinned against a large immovable object. One time I was sent flying so far off the side of a mountain, I respawned in a completely different place and my route distance suddenly doubled... nonetheless, that's the one I actually made it the closest on, making it to the tuning shop in the center of the map. Of course trying to drift into the turn to head towards the airport I get rammed straight into that big rock on that intersection and then pinned by four cars. Geezz.... I dunno, so many times this particular challenge felt like I was playing against poor programming and not just 'the game' itself, if that makes any sense.

As I stated I have been playing and purchased NFS Payback for only three weeks, the other cars before the Porsche 911 at the dam I was wondering if they are going to recycle these cars for pickups.

As I stated I have been playing and purchased NFS Payback for only three weeks, the other cars before the Porsche 911 at the dam I was wondering if they are going to recycle these cars for pickups.
They should, but if they do it'll be a month or two down the road. There are some seasonals to come as well so we'll know for certain after halloween.

Ain't happenin'. I've rage-quit twice on this stupid challenge. What a genius idea.... put a drift car on the furthest point on the map from the one garage you are allowed to use.. I've even set the game to "Easy" temporarily, and I swear it actually made the game harder - Now the Rhinos appear on the blind corners when the action cam is engaged and I can't see them. Even on easy the cop cars literally play pinball with me. 5 times now I've been rammed only to go flying off of the highway and subsequently pinned against a large immovable object. One time I was sent flying so far off the side of a mountain, I respawned in a completely different place and my route distance suddenly doubled... nonetheless, that's the one I actually made it the closest on, making it to the tuning shop in the center of the map. Of course trying to drift into the turn to head towards the airport I get rammed straight into that big rock on that intersection and then pinned by four cars. Geezz.... I dunno, so many times this particular challenge felt like I was playing against poor programming and not just 'the game' itself, if that makes any sense.

^^^ Thanks for the encouragement LOL ;)

I finally did it on my 7th attempt. Or was it 8th? Survived two mountainside launches, 2 multi-rollovers, a flip end-over end, a Killswitch disable, and the car looked like hammered dung when I finally made it to the airfield, but by golly I did it. AND I did it on Medium difficulty.... I personally couldn't tell any difference whatsoever between easy and medium. Are we sure that the difficulty rating even affects these abandoned car missions?

I gave it a swing last night. Tried left at the first part of the mountain, tried right at the same. Best I managed was just beyond braxton onto the north highway just above the airfield on my 3rd try and got punted into a rock. It is obviously doable, but damn you have to fight. Car is very twitchy, the cops are super agressive and the off road start really doesn't help. Straights aren't really your friend either, but you've more chance on the mac than the dirt.

P.S holding left from the top of the hill gets you to road quicker than following the marker. It means a longer run, but you end up in familiar ground from Braxton.

Back