Perfect Balance's TT Gallery | My best PS job yet, Bikes vs. cars

Hey, just think about that Ford GT update you did a while back. Now that was one of your best by far, so think of that when you need inspiration. Get an evil looking bike with a mean name--a Ducati or something--and set it in Italy somewhere and just tear up the streets.Hear the roar of the big V-twin and snap some shots of huge wheelies and tight corners and blinding speeds through tight alleyways.
You know, if I had the game I'd be taking some pics after reading that ^, definitely.:D

Ooh, that sounds dandy, too. Augusta. Just say it to yourself. Auguuuusta. It's up there with Ferrari and Lamborghini and McLaren on the "evokes images of sexy, fast, mean, hardcore racing machinery" scale. Or you could just pick a Buell because of the awesome design, handling, and that big Harley Davidson twin.

Well, I made some pics before I read that, but how does a Yamaha R1 in black at Manaco sound? The pics arn't too good, since my flash card was messing up, and I had to work with what I had, but the update should be up sometime today, maybe in the next half hour if I finish editing.

Here it it, very simple editing, only brightness and contrast in most of them, I just have no desire to edit things these days.

They say seeing is believing, or is it........?

Wow, that looks awesome in black, so stealthy.
That drift shot is great, so much detail on the front.

Wow, thanks for the comments, I though people wouldnt really like this update, but I think that may be because I saw the potential of the really good shots that I couldn't get to work because of my flash card.

franz said it, it looks carbon fibre. nice job. the minimal editing angle covered it. you dont need editing to make fantastic shots

Crappy shots, eh? You must be on rocks, because this set of pictures is just as good as any of the others so far, and the others are amazing. And yea, an R1 can pull off the fast and mean thing pretty well. Just look at #2, the uphill wheelie. The way its eyes are squinted, the rider is tucking down really close--the bike looks ready to attack. It reminds me of a raptor ready to ounce on some other ***** little dinosaur. I'm agreeing with Vonie on the drift shot, #4. The detail of the front suspension and brakes is very cool, and that applies to the rear end shot below it, too. I like the highlight on the rear tire, the exhaust that I didn't know exited under the tailight, the LEDs in the light itself, the chain and swingarm and rear sprocket. It all looks good. The shot below that, #6, gives me a really high sense of speed. Even though there isn't much blur in the background I get a fast feeling from the way the bike leaning really sharply to et around the corner and how the rider is leaning into it even further. You couldn't really get a still shot to scream speed in GT. This pic just looks fast. The last wipeout shot is pretty wild, too, and it does sort of look like a carbon fiber body on the bike. How 'bout that.
I guess you could call this bike a black beauty of TT, even though the game doesn't have black beauty bikes. It looks the part--no sponsors or stickers or colors, just the Yamaha, the R1, and the black. Just like GT.
I guess you could call this bike

I love your pics man, but I have one request. Take more pics! lol. Your pics are so cool and nice to look at, it's a shame theres sp little. I dont mean so little updates, I mean like more pics per update. I love them though. :)

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for looking.

@G.Boss: I used to post more pics up, but I like quality over quantity. I post only the best pics out of usually over 20 pics. That way, I show only my best work and I can still be nice to the 56k'ers by not posting too much full size pics. I have to admit, I don't click thumbnails much, so I don't think other people do much either, besides keef. :)

Well, heres my next one, I'm not sure why, but I really liek this update, it's my favorite so far in this gallery, even though there isn't much to choose from yet.

And my favorite shot, I love this thing:

Leave a comment!

nice set, and i think the glow would work without the softness, cuz i like the contrast the glow adds, but the softness confuses people when they see it, seeing sharp lines and soft lines in a pic causes it to look blurry. i.e., when i look at it, i feel i have had one too many beers, but thats just me.

I can still be nice to the 56k'ers by not posting too much full size pics. I have to admit, I don't click thumbnails much

how so? in your kwack each picture is half a mb and theres 7 of them. so that means were downloading roughly 3.5mbs* ... and thats just that update. if you really want to be dial-up friendly use thumbnails or limit the pictures to no more than 200k :)

signed -
desperate for broadband in middle of nowhere texas.

*the "sliding" pic is only 2xxk

The softness was on purpose, I was experimenting with stuff, and in one of my last updates I had a soft picture and franz said he liked it, so I tried it out on these pics. I guess it didn't work too well.

@440cuda: What are you doing drinking beers at your age?

@emptyspace: Well, it is better than posting 20+ pics full size, since a lot of people told me to post them full size when I had them as thumbnails.

whats wrong with lowering the save quality to lower the kb to +/- 200k? in gimp 2 i can barely tell the differnce between 95 (normaly 150-180k) and 100 (300kb+).

Ooh, I like this one a lot, too.
The softy, glowyness is great.
The first few are great, but, damn, the last one is amazing.

Damn, looking at all these wonderful galleries makes me feel like a little kid that can't get to the biscuit tin. I wish I had TT by now, it's a pretty cool game after all and I'm feeling most people are leaving the GT4 galleries.

All I can do is watch pics and wait for 1-2 months. I bet you have more than 500 replies by then. I don't know why it takes so long; san andreas was here only a few days after the US release.

Anyways your pics are getting better and better, and I like the glow, but don't add more diffuse glow, it will be too glowy then. I like how that bike looks man, it's the nicest I've seen from the game yet.

The 2nd pic has got some blur but not enough, you should have motion blurred it or something, it just doesnt look like its going that fast while the guy is stooping or how the f- do you guys call it. The 2nd to last is really funny, and the last pic is great, composing is really good. The outfit of the guy suits the bike too, thats nice detail.

Well, I guess I just had to wait for some nice comments to roll in, thanks everyone.

@sejtur: I didn't add any diffuse glow, just regular glow in picasa. I could have also added blur to the pic you mentioned, but I REALLY don't feel like editing pics these days. Usually I start editing, and then I get bored and just stop, and sometimes never finish the pics.

Back