PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
Good on Scotty, bout fricking time!

It was well deserved, Congratulations goes out to Adam Scott, first time winner of the coveted Green Jacket. :cheers:

Here is the final leaderboard for the '13 Masters. -----> click

This will make Stavingo and TDZdave happy, an Aussie wins the Masters. :lol:

I was hoping for marc Leishman to get up the order, and Jason Day to maybe pull it off, I figure Angel Cabrera has a stronger charcter then Adam so I figured he would crack under sudden death pressure,

TDZdave
I was hoping for marc Leishman to get up the order, and Jason Day to maybe pull it off, I figure Angel Cabrera has a stronger charcter then Adam so I figured he would crack under sudden death pressure,

That was, by far, the best Australian showing in masters history.

Give Mark all the credit in the world, he hung in there from start to finish. Nothing to be ashamed of, not at all.

Its because of loop holes like this that could eventually kill golf, not the rule itself but,

What should have been a DQ, was over ruled by a committee, only because Tiger is what the crowd wants, F1 did the same in the '90s with Schumacher, NASCAR also overlooked Jeff Gordon's illegal Jurassic Park sponsored talladega car, because of the name, We've also seen the hand of god by Maradonna, All overlooked because of the people at play, all this from outside points of view just bring the sports into disrepute, stupid really,

Good on Scotty, bout fricking time!

The thing is, Tiger was the one who turned himself in. If he never said, "I dropped the ball two yards back," then nothing would have happened. Tiger would have got his one stroke penalty for being in the water, and nothing further would have been said on the issue. This wasn't about protecting an asset. This was upholding a rule of golf. Tiger deserved 33-7 protection.

Both are solid players, major props and respect to both of them.

The thing is, Tiger was the one who turned himself in.

Actually, a television viewer turned Tiger in.
However, a television viewer called the Rules Committee at Augusta National Golf Club and insisted that Woods had dropped incorrectly. As he was playing the 18th hole, the Rules Committee watched a video of the drop and determined there was no violation.
Later, after Woods spoke to reporters, the Rules Committee decided further review was necessary. They met with Tiger on Saturday morning and informed him that he had violated Rule 26, resulting in a two-stroke penalty. He was not disqualified due to Rule 33, which was enacted by the USGA and R&A in 2011.
The USGA website reads, "revision to Decision 33-7/4.5 addresses the situation where a player is not aware he has breached a Rule because of facts that he did not know and could not reasonably have discovered prior to returning his score card. Under this revised decision and at the discretion of the Committee, the player still receives the penalty associated with the breach of the underlying Rule, but is not disqualified."

Full article from the Tiger Woods website.

Tiger said in the 3rd round post interview he didn't know about the penalty until the next day,
I have nothing against the fella, I just don't like seeing favourtism, I'm glad he didn't win because of it, an epic duel we won't see for a while now,

Stavingo
Haha what about the people who wanted him to withdraw because of that penalty, I mean that's just a bit crazy :lol:

Had I been in tiger's position, I would have kept playing as well. I might have dqd myself if I had been playing badly.

In other golf news, it is my last golf match in my high school career today. It's been a long 4 years.

Had I been in tiger's position, I would have kept playing as well. I might have dqd myself if I had been playing badly.

In other golf news, it is my last golf match in my high school career today. It's been a long 4 years.

True but then again Tiger is too competitive to let himself just drop out of the whole thing, I mean he finished with -5 and that's with the penalty.

Shame to hear about the ending of your high school career, hopefully you get a spot in college 👍

In other news, looks like I could possibly be playing golf for my university :D

Stavingo
True but then again Tiger is too competitive to let himself just drop out of the whole thing, I mean he finished with -5 and that's with the penalty.

Shame to hear about the ending of your high school career, hopefully you get a spot in college 👍

Awesome man. I played my tail off yestetday shooting a 73. That's my best ever on 18 holes. I was put in a group with my best friend too. He's a senior too, so we played our last match together. We have sectional tournament in 2 weeks from yesterday, so I am ready to get out there and stripe it some more.

Best of luck to you, hope 'ya make the cut.

Awesome man. I played my tail off yestetday shooting a 73. That's my best ever on 18 holes. I was put in a group with my best friend too. He's a senior too, so we played our last match together. We have sectional tournament in 2 weeks from yesterday, so I am ready to get out there and stripe it some more.

Congrats on the good round. :cheers:
Good luck in your sectional .... hit 'em straight, long and get those good green reads. 👍

Sunday (tentatively speaking / weather pending) we are heading out on our Spring / Summer tour. :lol:

Our first round of the year will be at Wilkshire Golf Course.

Nicksfix
Best of luck to you, hope 'ya make the cut.

Congrats on the good round. :cheers:
Good luck in your sectional .... hit 'em straight, long and get those good green reads. 👍

Sunday (tentatively speaking / weather pending) we are heading out on our Spring / Summer tour. :lol:

Our first round of the year will be at Wilkshire Golf Course.

Thanks man. My best friend and I are entering our country club's two man scramble this weekend. We are in the championship A flight, so we are playing the big dogs. If my putter can stay hot *knock on wood*, we'll have a good chance of doing relatively well.

Haha it's pretty weird for university golf over here, apparently it's some regional tournament knockout style but I have no clue what the actual game we're playing and there is no details about handicap etc.

So well organised :lol:

Getting ready for our golf round this weekend. In my adventures today I stopped and bought a dozen Bridgestone B330 S' @ $39.95 and a new glove today. Gonna give these Bridgestones a whirl.

Heeeeere we go. :lol:

Getting ready for our golf round this weekend. In my adventures today I stopped and bought a dozen Bridgestone B330 S' @ $39.95 and a new glove today. Gonna give these Bridgestones a whirl.

I think I may be buying a new glove and a new carry bag as well, got so many holes in my current bag :lol:

Will post pictures when I get my new bag 👍

Nicksfix

I've got a dozen b330 s balls for the two man scramble this weekend. Let's win Nick :)

Stavingo
Damn I need to buy a dozen of these balls to get on this bandwagon :lol:

They're good luck for me. I have shot my best with them this year. The short game spin is absolutely amazing.

I've got a dozen b330 s balls for the two man scramble this weekend. Let's win Nick :)

I'm hearing they are good. Both from this forum and outsiders, so I figured I may as well. It's may be a little strange not teeing up a ProV1, change, it may be good. We'll see. I'll let 'ya all know.

We' are going to give it all we got for the 1st time out this year.

Damn I need to buy a dozen of these balls to get on this bandwagon :lol:

May as well. :lol:

I've used the older B330S balls but I need to get the newer ones, I actually want to go down to my local golf shop and buy some now :lol:

Stavingo
I've used the older B330S balls but I need to get the newer ones, I actually want to go down to my local golf shop and buy some now :lol:

They're about $45 US dollars a dozen. I got my dozen cheaper due to employee discount :)

You guy's have to try the Wilson Staff FG Tour or Tour-X, one is softer, Man those things fly, Distance is well beyond the B330, or though I do use the B330 when I can't get new FG tours,

Well in the meantime I'm gonna post my kit since I got a new bag :sly:

522109_10151407989616365_1653567377_n.jpg

Titleist carry bag in a Charcoal, white and red colour combo, In the meantime my current kit setup is:

Ping i-20 Driver 10.5 Degrees stiff shaft + 3 Wood with Project X 6.0 shaft
Taylormade R5 XL Plus, steel shaft regular flex irons (4-SW)
Cleveland CG15 60 Degree Wedge with 12 Degrees of bounce

Possibly looking to upgrade irons once I gain a handicap of 7 or below (at 9) anyone want to give me some suggestions?

Possibly looking to upgrade irons once I gain a handicap of 7 or below (at 9) anyone want to give me some suggestions?

I was looking into a new set of irons myself for this year, but I held off. I'll keep my TA6's another year. I was looking into the Callaway RAZR X's. I've hit them and they feel remarkable. Possibly give them a look. Maybe even a set of Taylor Mades.

I'm happy I made the transition from Titleist balls to the Bridgestone B330's. These thing performed quite well well today. Good soft feel, good spin, good distance, overall, just a great ball.

Well today was our first outing of the year. It was bit chilly, a little cloudy, temp in the mid to high 50's, slight gusts of wind, but that did not stop us. I managed to eek out a 79 today. It came on the 18th, a 4 foot birdie putt, slight uphill, no break. Nothing put the bottom of the cup. My 79 was only 2nd best to my friends 69 (prick ... :lol: ... nah, he really is a good golfer) he played well and deservedly won. The 3rd score in was an 82, followed up by an 89, he had a bad day, he is usually in the mid 70's. You'll have those days. I did manage to win one of the par 3 closest to pin challenges. A little side game we play. Everybody pitches in $5 on each par 3, the closest to the pin wins the money. Not bad. Our next up is in 2 weeks. This time around we will be at Sable Creek.

Back