PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
I think Titleist have dropped the ball so to speak, in the development of the pro v1, They are making some outstanding hardware though, The 913D is incredible, and the AP2 irons are so awesome,

Well, I finished 6th out of 9 in championship flight this weekend with my buddy in the two man scramble. We shot 131. 67 on Saturday and 64 on Sunday. We left 10+ strokes on the course. If my buddies putter would have been working today, we would've shot in the high 50s. He was putting first because he is a lag putter, so I could go for the make. He would leave us 4 feet, so I had to be cautious when putting which hurt us badly as we were hitting the ball great on Sunday. On Saturday, we played like garbage, and I was happy with 67.

I think Titleist have dropped the ball so to speak, in the development of the pro v1, They are making some outstanding hardware though, The 913D is incredible, and the AP2 irons are so awesome,

Haven't used the 2013 Pro V1 at all so I have no clue what they're like.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that I used an NXT to shoot one over.

NXT is a long ball, like amatuer style pro v1, you can use a spalding ball from big w and shoot 1 over :lol:

My high school team failed to make state. We played fairly well for us. I had 2 birdies, but sadly I had 4 doubles and a triple to shoot an 85.

Was club championship qualifyng at my club on Saturday. You have 2 chances to Q so I'm glad I got it done first time. Genrally if you shoot in 70's your a lock to get in. Managed to shoot 78 which overall isn't bad but was 1 over playing 14 and went double, double, par, par, bogey. :ouch:

Anyway got just over a month to go to the 36 hole final. Need to get the G25 going a bit better.

My high school team failed to make state. We played fairly well for us. I had 2 birdies, but sadly I had 4 doubles and a triple to shoot an 85.

At least you made it to the State, that's more than some other schools could say.

Congrats on making it that far. :cheers:

Anyone see where Vijay Singh is suing the PGA ..... over deer antler spray ? :lol:

(link)

Got to the course last weekend for my first round of the year. My putting has miraculously improved but everything else was awful :lol:. Once I get back into golf for a few weeks it should be better. I'd like to go see a CPGA pro but I have neither the time nor money, I'd rather spend my golf time playing and having a good time with my buddies than at lessons :P

Nicksfix
At least you made it to the State, that's more than some other schools could say.

Congrats on making it that far. :cheers:

Anyone see where Vijay Singh is suing the PGA ..... over deer antler spray ? :lol:

(link)

Thanks man. Who is this Roberto Castro kid that tied the course record at the player's yesterday?

So how about Tiger ?
Is he the Tiger of old ?
Is he a re-born Tiger ?
What gives ?
Tiger has won the TPC Players Championship @ Sawgrass. This makes 4 wins for him this year. An interesting tidbit, never before in his career has Tiger had 4 wins by mid May. Kinda makes you wonder what else he has in store for the remainder of the '13 season.

Here's the final tally from this weekends action @ Sawgrass

On the LPGA side of things, here is how the ladies are stacking up.

Rolex Rankings

BTW ... Congrats to Kristie Kerr on winning The Kingsmill Championship.

There is some fantastic golf being played by the top 15 this month, can't wait for the next major,

Nice channel with a collection of golf shots there 👍

In the meantime I got a 4 day tournament coming up for university, gonna be fun with a party the night before :P

What course is holding the open?

Pennants for my club started last week, totally owned the first team we played, I had the smallest winning margin of our team at 7 and 5, played some of the most outrageous shots over and through trees, to put balls within 4 feet, no one believed my handicap was 30

Back