Photo GT5 prologue VS Forza 3 Demo

• Thread starter elaguila45
  • 1,004 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arikato84
see this comparative

3962248174_6a333aa2e0_o.jpg

GT5 hands down, no contest. And for the lackluster scenery on Prologue, GT5 demos at TGC showed the scenery improved from Prologue by a MILE.

GT5 is better, that's almost no doubt.
The only thing really nice with Forza is the background details. These rocks are awesome but that's mostly due to the HDR lightning used.
And I love HDR but that's just my opinion and I understand some may find it special.
Still GT5 lightning is more than okay for me :)

Winner is obvious! But in a few sec. some will write they are identical... You will know who they are.

GT5 looks better - but I prefer the head location of FM3 for Cockpit...

C.

I agree.. Although PD probably got the camera's exactly in the driver's eyes, the zoom factor of Forza seems to be more like you would look out of a car IRL.

They should implement some form of zoom in GT5 (everything is modelled, so why not :) )

By the way: I'm quite surprised by the huge difference in graphical quality.

I agree.. Although PD probably got the camera's exactly in the driver's eyes, the zoom factor of Forza seems to be more like you would look out of a car IRL.

They should implement some form of zoom in GT5 (everything is modelled, so why not :) )

But then you see less of the track:tdown:

But then you see less of the track:tdown:

No, then you'd see more of the track.

GT P is less track view more cockpit view.

Forza is less cockpit view more track view.

In a perfect world both games would have the option to set your view how you like it because everyone will prefer something different.

i tested it on my toshiba screen. forza 3 and gt5p... i zapped between the screens.

gt5p looks way more sharpen than fm3, furthermore is the big difference in the cockpits. the shadows and details in the cockpit suck a bit in fm3 - i mean they are good, but not compareable with gt5p.

in the fm3 cockpit is it also not possible to move your head free around the cockpit. u can look straight forward, or with a holded right stick to the lift - but its not a smooth movement, its more like a switch from left to right. that sucks really.

the backview in the car is not possible in fm3 - thats more or less one more good detail in gt5p, but its not required.

depending the gfx is gt5p so far the winner - no more discussions needed - i saw it on my own.

btw, i am not a fanboy of any series or games. i played fm2 also a lot, and i loved it, but in that case is gt5p the winner, and that in all points.

It's amazing how similar these two games look when you compare ingame pics to ingame pics.

There are differences, but if you took someone who didn't know about either game and made them look at these pics they would think they were looking at one game and not two.

GT5P has it hands down, and what we have seen of GT5 that is even far more superior.
However I do like the textures for the tarmac on the Forza pics.

GT5 pips it, just, but it doesn't justify the many more years of development in potentia. If you would not be happy with Forza III, you are clearly just a fanboy.

No, then you'd see more of the track.

GT P is less track view more cockpit view.

Forza is less cockpit view more track view.

In a perfect world both games would have the option to set your view how you like it because everyone will prefer something different.

Bigger yes but more narrow

Forza 3: best looking Landscape.
Gt5: Best looking Car Modeling.

This. OP should have posted the shots with the trees on Eiger to make it even more obvious.
And you can properly read the dials on Forza3, thats a bonus too

Forza has always looked like a very slick video game. At first, the FW3 demo looked extremely CG, though it grew on me over the few hours I played it. But it still looks like a highly polished Half Life, especially the environments.

Even with the sometimes basic environments of Prologue, there's a realness to it I don't see in any game. Even the feel of the game is better in Prologue, which feels like a racing sim.

They should compare them using chase cam while the cars are going, not stationary.
Show Forza 3's low LOD models while racing.

117fkma.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back