Photo GT5 prologue VS Forza 3 Demo

• Thread starter elaguila45
  • 1,004 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the comparison shots.

Clearly the 2yrs old GT5P is superior to FM3. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be wearing their fanboy spectacles or need an appointment with their optician!

Clearly the 2yrs old GT5P is superior to FM3. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be wearing their fanboy spectacles or need an appointment with their optician!
Or they prefer the environment's graphics over the car's graphics.

I cant understand how somebody cant see the huge difference of graphics in that comparison pictures! GT looks way, way, WAY better than Forza!
Just look at the details and textures of the interieur. While GT looks almost real in the colours, shadows and detail Forza looks just painted and unreal!
Also you barely cant see anything of the interieur from outside in Forza while in GT you can see all the shadows and so on!
To Gran Turismo, Forza really is no competition, never will!

Definitely on that last part. Interiors don't look so hot from the outside.

Graphicwise between the two, I think to many already, it's clear that GT does it much better. There are already even FM fans out there who already accept that GT is clearly better graphically. However in their defense, they say GT is all about the pretty graphics, and not the gameplay, features, blah, blah stuff.

The shadowing in GT5P corresponds to the light's location a lot more accurately than Forza 3's demo. Also, There are Jaggies on the Mini in the first screenshot of Forza 3. The head's position in the cockpit view in GT5P seems a lot more accurate than Forza 3(in Forza's it looks like you are plastering yourself to the dashboard,in GT5P, it looks like you would be if you were driving casually). The general landscaping of both games seem very good and build a unique feel for both games.

Just comparing the OP's comparison shots of Eiger (the worst GT5p track to do this on, but the only one with a mountain vista), the only thing that looks better in GT5p is the car models, which have less aliasing (due to resolution), better lighting, better shading, and more detail.

But for those FM3 shots, the track is a degree more detailed, just look at the texture resolution, on everything!, the shadows in the scenery, the mid-range poly modelled mountains, hell, even the transition to the 2D elements is almost imperceivable. Look at the very low texture res on the GT5p shots, the lack of shadows for lots of items, the low rent background and skybox...

Of course GT5p looks much nicer on other tracks, where I think the difference in even the scenery will be negligible, making the difference in car models give GT5p the overall win.

You say I need glasses then when comparing the opening comparisons and declaring FM3 looks better for everything bar car models, please point out the technicalities of where I am going wrong.. lets not drag other images into this, just the ones in the OP..

the funny thing is, to my eyes, despite the models being much better in GT5p, the difference is not enough to offset the difference in the rest of the scene.

I really can't see how people can gloss over the FM3 track/scenery detail compared to GT5p's Eiger and come out with the conclusion that GT5p looks much better in those shots, but I'm open to hear the technical side of things as to why this is?

Hmmm - not sure that's the look most racing drivers go for...

C.

Well, what i meant to say was, it doesn't feel like you are being plastered to the dashboard. Rellly look at the OP. If i were sitting in a car that close like in Forza 3 I am pretty sure i would get laughed at by my passengers or passing motorists who notice me.
GT5P's just looks tons more real. :drool::drool::drool:

Gran Turismo 4's visuals are more appealing than Forza 3

5oc8t2.jpg
vimr6t.jpg

Turn 10 should be embarrassed with their latest effort. It's not even in the top 5 of best looking console racers this gen. I find it incredible that people actually believe Forza 3 is the best looking racing game ever. :crazy:

All the images, quoted in full. AGAIN.

Turn 10 should be embarrassed with their latest effort. It's not even in the top 5 of best looking console racers this gen. I find it incredible that people actually believe Forza 3 is the best looking racing game ever. :crazy:

You could get crappy off-screen pics of GT5p, downsize and put them next to those GT4 pics which have been taken flatteringly and come to the same conclusion..

The level of daftness on here is mind boggling..

Last edited by a moderator:

All the images quoted in full. AGAIN.

That's too biased, i have both, GT5P and FM3 demo, and as others members said, GT5P have the cars and FM3 demo have the scenery.

For me, Forza 3 demo looks like GTR Evo but better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you look at the exhausts, you'll realise you are comparing different models..

Word.

Here's the R8 V10, which is what the screen shot in Forza is showing.

Owdi_1292674c.jpg

***Oops, sorry phil-t your picture wasn't loading for me.

this makes me laugh

caep_0811_07_z2008_Audi_R8rear_view.jpg

r82.jpg

r8.jpg

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH>>>AHAHAHAA....SEE?

The black insert on the back means its the V10 and not the V8. Get the facts and knowledge before posting stupidities like that please.

I think if you look at the exhausts, you'll realise you are comparing different models..

i am talking abou the detail of the back bumper. Forz3 is vents are flat, where GT5p shows actual detail on the vents.

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH>>>AHAHAHAA....SEE?

The black insert on the back means its the V10 and not the V8. Get the facts and knowledge before posting stupidities like that please.
so your telling me, the RL r8 vents are flat like in those pics? wow i need some glasses then.

i am talking abou the detail of the back bumper. Forz3 is vents are flat, where GT5p shows actual detail on the vents.

Even then the vents are different if you compare real life photos.

so your telling me, the RL r8 vents are flat like in those pics? wow i need some glasses then.

I'd say they would be if the number plates weren't there. The shadowing and the numberplates (or lack of) is what Id say would make the back seem flatter. I'm sure F3 wouldn't get something as easy to spot as that wrong, but the reason why I made that previous cooment was I thought you were talking about the fact one was black and one was colour coded. I'm sorry if you didn't mean that.

Forza 3: best looking Landscape.
Gt5: Best looking Car Modeling.

I agree with you 👍

But later, someone will start saying that the comparison should be done on the same map to justify that the shadows are exactly the same, etc.

I'd say they would be if the number plates weren't there. The shadowing and the numberplates (or lack of) is what Id say would make the back seem flatter. I'm sure F3 wouldn't get something as easy to spot as that wrong, but the reason why I made that previous cooment was I thought you were talking about the fact one was black and one was colour coded. I'm sorry if you didn't mean that.
its cool man, i should of pointed out that the forza 3 is flat compared to RL pics. its my fault really.

F3 has more detailed landscape but the lighting is sub par.

Both are very good graphic but one looks like a game and another looks like photo.

GT5P hands down.

Now where's a GT5 to FM3 comparison?

Those FM3 shots looked good when compared to other racing games, but when comparing them to something like GT5, it looks crap. And its sad to say, but Shift is way better than FM3 as well in the graphical as wells as audio aspect (GT5 is the lowest in that category, sorry).

The picture in the op's post looks extremely weird. For some odd reason I'm inclined to think the Forza pictures are fake just because of the horrible AA. I mean, my computer can run games with graphics that are the same as those pictures, and I have a P4, x800XT and 1.5Gbs of RAM...

For example this next pic....it just doesn't look right. The car doesn't look metallic or realistic..... It's hard to put your finger on exactly what it is but you know it doesn't look right.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_forza_motorsport_3-11647-1856_0005.jpg

I agree, that looks extremely weird. Before I read what you wrote I stopped scrolling at the picture and thought it was weird. I think it might be the radial blur on the wheels, but there's no blur anywhere else in the picture, except for the depth of field on the bridge cables.

A much more sensible comparison would be between a track that is in both games, for example Suzuka is in GT5P and Forza 2/Forza 3.

As for me personally, I hate the Eiger track in GT5P. I'm hoping when GT5 rolls out that they've done some major improvements to that course. It could do with waaaaay more trees. The engine can certainly handle it anyways if the GT5P versions of La Sarthe and Nurburgring are anything to go by anyways. Give Eiger a lot of thick greenery and it would look much better. I think right now it looks kinda weird and alien with all that grass and then the snowy mountain =/

Well, what i meant to say was, it doesn't feel like you are being plastered to the dashboard. Rellly look at the OP. If i were sitting in a car that close like in Forza 3 I am pretty sure i would get laughed at by my passengers or passing motorists who notice me.
GT5P's just looks tons more real. :drool::drool::drool:

It's not necessarily the physical location of your eyes... it's the focus too...

I don't tend to focus on the roof of my car when I drive - thus I can't see it.

C.

its cool man, i should of pointed out that the forza 3 is flat compared to RL pics. its my fault really.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I've gone and watched some youtube vids of R8 gameplay from the Demo, and the width of the horizontal bars changes depending on angle, so they must be 3D, it's just the contrast is too high to see the detail on that shot..

With the recent fiasco of the drop in LOD of the car models, I wouldn't have put this past them, but in this one instance, it appears they didn't go as far as a flat texture!

here's a grab from a very LQ video showing the reflection off the strakes

fm3r8rear.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back