Photos From History Thread

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,139 comments
Woman Playing A Harp, Ireland (1910)

EvQYzAWUYAUaGbe

View attachment 997139

OK, so not quite on topic, but who remembers these?

I used to have alot of these 'scratch and sniff' stickers in my sticker album as a kid, I think I got them in Canada, and I can still remember the root beer one and the peanut one vividly.

This set is available on Etsy... for £223 :crazy:
I do remember them from the late 70s.

My brother had just started school & our house was having the plumbing upgraded at the same time.

Bro was so pleased with himself when he got a scratch & sniff sticker, he had to show our Plumber.

When the Plumber jokingly told him that it smelled like cat's pee, the look my 6-year-old brother gave him was priceless.

Besides how the stickers work, this is the only memory I have of them & something my Bro and I have never forgotten.

I love photographs of cemetaries. I love cemeteries in general. It's been called morbid, but for me it's all about people's appreciation for loved ones who have passed.

I wonder where the recording of his voice is! Neat!
Indeed, I thought the same thing.

This is the unrestored original photo
800px-Frances_Densmore_recording_Mountain_Chief.jpg

Not his voice but still a recording of native Americans.

Historical photos included. :D

Nice! Moving old photos from history.

Last edited:
I thought it was Luke and Han with Chewy after a haircut.
I got Mark immediately and was able to suss out that it was Harrison whose face was contorted by laughter. I got stuck on Eric so I cheated, searching "mark hamill harrison ford gold record," and kicked myself because I didn't catch who he was.

They look like a couple of college kids and their PoliSci professor.

Last edited:
I got Mark immediately and was able to suss out that it was Harrison whose face was contorted by laughter. I got stuck on Eric so I cheated, searching "mark hamill harrison ford gold record," and kicked myself because I didn't catch who he was.
Consider your prize cookie withdrawn!

I got it from Eric Idle's twitter feed, and I recognised HF but not MH immediately.

Apparently, Hamill and Ford rented Eric Idle's apartment while they were filming The Empire Strikes Back while Idle was filming The Life Of Brian. Idle went home one night and they had a party, which also included The Rolling Stones...

Last edited:
Well...I didn't want it anyway!

*weeps softly into glass of milk*

Last edited:
Back