Pics of your setup

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 154 comments
Nice work TH1372! You're the first person besides me I've seen do that (I don't search around much though). Next up would be what me and Sleepa20v did, and extend the shifter rod 40mm - 70mm đź‘Ť

Mine is a whopping 140mm, you know, to get that long throw. I personally love actually moving the shifter around, I don't think I'll ever own a short throw kit. :crazy:

I also noticed that swivel switch, on yours. Mine was a pain in the 🤬! I was 17 and welded very small pieces of steel to hold it, I'm proud though. :dopey:

đź’ˇ You could also cut some wood up to fit the button panel in to be more matching. đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting there, looking around for a dash, but I wanted to be different. Its been built for comfort at the moment. I dint think I'll change the height of the shifter much other Han maybe a higher shifter knob, I like the short shift and if anything in after the weight of the shifting mechanism.I've got a few more little things I want o do to it soon, but they can wait. Don't worry, you and sleepa are definitely inspirations haha

Cool. :) Funny story about mine, S13s are my favorite cars and I was assembling all the pipes and stuff to how I felt would be best for me (At age 17, so I've never even sat in an S13), So when I got the dash, it was cool how everything lined up so closely!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck! :D

Love the relocation of the shifter, bold move considering the risk, looks great!

My shifter is about 330mm currently, looong throw.
IMG_1012_zps6683e375.jpg

My sequential is clutchless as i've tapped into the paddles.

Nice. I love that knob. They make those with green anodize instead of blue?

I see. It would be cool to get intouch with a guy that builds circuit boards, then he could probably tap into the gear selection wires and run three/four wires to a sequential so clutch works. #D1GPStatus

The blue anodised piece is a handle from an alan key driver with the alan key removed but it still has the grub bolt in the side which is used to grab onto the knob which is actually a glass drawer handle. #MacguyverStatus

Updated my build thread 12/9/2013

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260449&highlight=sleepa20v

Wow! I'm going to try something like that now, Hahaha.

Very wicked setup, and portable indeed. It sucks your G27 quit though.

Mine has been through so much, still pushing strong, even after 12:48sec in my MLD_Silk #2 Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pvecB8qOw It took a bad hit to steering lock and I kept on going Haha! Good times. :sly:

I've had another idea thinking of wiring a flasher unit into 1 of the buttons and then switching that button to headlights. It'll be on a switch so I can turn the flasher off. This way I can trip people out with flashing lights when I drift. Maybe a silly upgrade but will be a lot of fun. Any thoughts?

TH137Z
I've had another idea thinking of wiring a flasher unit into 1 of the buttons and then switching that button to headlights. It'll be on a switch so I can turn the flasher off. This way I can trip people out with flashing lights when I drift. Maybe a silly upgrade but will be a lot of fun. Any thoughts?

If you do that you will need to have it on a 2-3 second delay before goes from on to off.

Funny you should say that. Iv had this idea for a long time.

Sounds bloody awesome to me haha

I believe Lock2Lock means that there is a lag on other players screen. If you honk the horn too fast like --- then people only here it as a solid honk, so the honks have to be spaced apart for people to tell that there was separate honks, same with headlights I believe. Sounds like a wicked idea though đź‘Ť

Silk Drifter
I believe Lock2Lock means that there is a lag on other players screen. If you honk the horn too fast like --- then people only here it as a solid honk, so the honks have to be spaced apart for people to tell that there was separate honks, same with headlights I believe. Sounds like a wicked idea though đź‘Ť

Yep you knew what I was talking about.

Yep, same thing happens with the lights, besides on the LMP and GT300/GT500 cars.

Oh, ok then. But another way you could go about that then is to go with an adjustable relay. The only problem i've found so far is that the only adjustable relays i've found so far are 12v relays for car or motorbike indicators. Also, the steering wheel makes an output current of 24v @ 1.75 amps, a current Im sure the buttons don't need to operate. so otherwise you would have to use the usb power source to activate the relay. I'm pretty sure that's the power wire you use with the handbrake mod. but will that be enough to activate the relay? The way i look at it, if we run 12v into a 12v relay then the relay will produce a 12v output yeah? I'm assuming that would be too much for the button.

Edited: sorry the 24v i seen is for the force feed back for the g27 steering wheel.

Th8rs, Civic EK Handbrake, 330mm FK Automotive "Deep Dish" Wheel in leather (DSD Adapter) added to setup.
Just need good mate with a Little solder iron to (re)make ebrake connections:
2088211-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2088212-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2088213-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2088215-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2088217-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

No GT mounted pedals, i've actually bought the FK Automotive game seat - witch is a BIG Fail even its low Price. Now, I have to re-design wheel mounting to get a prober possition. And the seat are not that great either. Dunno if I am going to keep it or not. Like the put away rig, but become a beast to get in and out off with the wider seat plate, and more sturdy-ness are always welcome. I wiil find out what to do at another time.

KEEP SIDEWAYS! :cheers:

Does anybody have a setup with a real dashboard that has the ash tray? I would die, and spend lots and lots of money to obtain such an item.

Im looking into one with cup holders. Im thinking maybe magna dash??? The tr seemed to have a console that flows well off the dash. Also the spot infront of the shifter is easily convertable for cupholders.

Here's what I currently drive on. Seat is from my rx7, all the wood was "reclaimed" from other projects around the house. I have a few adjustments to make. The board holding up the wheel is getting moved forward, and a tray will be added to put the wheel a little higher and more towards me. The board setup now is to lower for the position and my legs hit it. The pedals need to be shifted over a bit and better mounted, and I have an e-brake from a HMMWV, aka, a humvee, that I will be adding too.
2013-10-27200252.jpg
2013-10-27200342.jpg
2013-10-27200325.jpg
2013-10-27200352.jpg

I find it funny, how everyone is upgrading there setup. Whilst here i am, degrading mine to absolutely a rubbish setup.

I find it funny, how everyone is upgrading there setup. Whilst here i am, degrading mine to absolutely a rubbish setup.
sometimes simpler is better. especially for those strapped for space. The tv tray wheel stand is probably one of the most common "rigs" out there. Considering what some of the GTA finalists race on, sure as hell don't need a full setup to be competitive either.

Stills of my setups. :) Need a new table that's more sturdy o.O The setup with the DFGT was at my old house before I got the G27 about 3 months later during that time (Sept. 2012). The G27 still is at my new house (shot on Oct. 2013).

5f9a7c4a05c411e2901022000a1e9e2c_7.jpg
DSC00794.jpg

Last edited:
My fully sick E-break mod. 1 Rubber band,1 lot of speaker wire and 2 rulers (plastic and metal) :P

Attachments

• 20131127_122653.jpg
    20131127_122653.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 34
Back