[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

• Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
I think that I have all of the liveries and team updates correct this time. Can't wait to return to racing with you guys next week! This has been a long couple of months working nights and not being able to race.

Mega Powers
-Vovik
-Filapino

Attachments

• megapowers1.jpg
    megapowers1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 11
Specs?

Are you going to join in on the PC movement?

It has high specs it came out overall at £1,200 I think that's around $1,400.

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (Upgraded to GTX 1080)
i7 6700k
Asus STRIX z270E Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
EVGA 650W G2 GOLD Power Supply
NXZT s340 Case

Last edited:
DRIVER/TEAM STANDINGS
Sorry that I do not have a forum friendly image. There is a lot of data and formulating happening here. The spreadsheet is a work in progress so bare with me please. It will improve over the course of the season, but the pertinant information is accurate. If anybody does see a mathematical error, please let me know and I'll get it fixed for next week.

Attachments

• PITS.xlsx
    793.8 KB · Views: 21

This looks like it might be cool

It's an interesting concept, but after about 2 minutes of research I've already come to the conclusion that it is ultra-gimmicky. Now, the concept it good, but in practice I feel it's more a marketing ploy and not as practical for us sim racers as you'd think. Why?... 1800mm is nearly 6ft. Nobody who is serious about putting together a sim rig with the intent to create the best realistic view possible wants their screen to be 6 ft. away. Could you bring it closer? Sure, but the only point at which the screen is perpendicular to your line of sight is directly in front of you. With an appropriate triple screen setup you should get 3 angles that are perpendicular to your line of sight, each being ~50* from the adjacent. Small triples or VR is still the way to go to create the most accurate representation of scale and direction.

Of course just my opinion based on my research on the matter.

*edit* Actually decided to do a quick CAD drawing on the matter... Monitors with a 24" physical width set at 24" from the driver's eye.

Triple Setup.jpg

Even better... This assumes a 46" physical width

Monitor Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
It's an interesting concept, but after about 2 minutes of research I've already come to the conclusion that it is ultra-gimmicky. Now, the concept it good, but in practice I feel it's more a marketing ploy and not as practical for us sim racers as you'd think. Why?... 1800mm is nearly 6ft. Nobody who is serious about putting together a sim rig with the intent to create the best realistic view possible wants their screen to be 6 ft. away. Could you bring it closer? Sure, but the only point at which the screen is perpendicular to your line of sight is directly in front of you. With an appropriate triple screen setup you should get 3 angles that are perpendicular to your line of sight, each being ~50* from the adjacent. Small triples or VR is still the way to go to create the most accurate representation of scale and direction.

Of course just my opinion based on my research on the matter.

*edit* Actually decided to do a quick CAD drawing on the matter... Monitors with a 24" physical width set at 24" from the driver's eye.

View attachment 639845

Even better... This assumes a 46" physical width

View attachment 639866
Yeah I'm still doing triple screens too,just looked like a cool idea with no bezels and all

Ok, totally non racing related but this is one of those "you gotta be kidding me moments". The picture on that tv is my desktop picture right now! It is the town of Vernazza on the west coast of Italy, part of the famous Cinqua Terre. The pic is taken from the hiking path between towns. We were there recently!

View attachment 639840 View attachment 639841
That is awesome,I'd like to go one day myself

Yeah I'm still doing triple screens too,just looked like a cool idea with no bezels and all

Yeah, I know everybody feels VR is the future, and I don't necessarilly disagree. However, I do like the idea of looking around in reality and still utilizing REAL periferal vision; seeing my own hands and equipment etc. This was good timing Jax because I've beeing doing A LOT of thinking recently about how I want my rig to be and monitor/monitors/VR has been at the head of my considerations. Check this out bro... (3)Samsung C24FG70 curved. 21.5" physical width 144Hz

C
omparing to the same triple 24 model: >3" less overall width and a MUCH smoother transition. Pricey at $300/ea. but this might offer the best overall representation outside of VR.

24flat24curve.jpg

Yeah, I know everybody feels VR is the future, and I don't necessarilly disagree. However, I do like the idea of looking around in reality and still utilizing REAL periferal vision; seeing my own hands and equipment etc. This was good timing Jax because I've beeing doing A LOT of thinking recently about how I want my rig to be and monitor/monitors/VR has been at the head of my considerations. Check this out bro... (3)Samsung C24FG70 curved. 21.5" physical width 144Hz

C
omparing to the same triple 24 model: >3" less overall width and a MUCH smoother transition. Pricey at $300/ea. but this might offer the best overall representation outside of VR.

View attachment 639883
I think the VR would get me motion sick after a while and I like to still know what's going on around me,I really like that idea you got there,another $900 for screens tho will be a hard pill to swallow right now,I've still got to finish my rig too

After watching multiple races I can't be silent on this anymore, it just makes me cringe every time and I'm sorry.

@Lessen you can't just blurt out "green green green!" when they're on the main straight. Take a "lessen" from FIA WEC when they go green from a safety car. Just like how you are heard by everyone in the lobby, they have the race director in every car's radio and he announces that they are going to green at the end of the lap and counts down from 3 (or 5) which gives everyone a proper headsup as to when green is. It should help out the starts a lot, just trying to help.

After watching multiple races I can't be silent on this anymore, it just makes me cringe every time and I'm sorry.

Mistake #1 ^^

"Lessen" #1: You should almost always stay silent. It's best for all of us... and humanity.

you can't just blurt out "green green green!" when they're on the main straight.

Mistake #2 ^^

"Lessen" #2: Actually, I can... and I will continue to unless the Race Directors instruct me otherwise.

Ok, that concludes today's teachings. Now for your homework... An essay. A work of self-reflection and hindsight. The topic: Why does your opinion matter here? Consider the following questions when preparing your work. You need not answer them all directly.

1. How many green flags have you taken in this series?

2. How many green flag incidents have you witnessed in this series?

3. How many IR's do you think have been filed against drivers as a direct result of the style of the green flag call? (see question #2 if you need assistance with this one.)

4. When was the last time there has been major complaints lodged in this forum concerning the style of the call? (specifically, by people that ACTUALLY RACE IN THIS SERIES)

Given the extreme complexity of this topic, you will have 1 week to complete the assignment. Please turn in your competed works no later than 6:30pm EST next Sunday. Should you choose not to take on this assignment, it is strongly suggested that you shut your pie hole and go back to the Sunday thread to complain.

giphy.gif

Mistake #1 ^^

"Lessen" #1: You should almost always stay silent. It's best for all of us... and humanity.

Mistake #2 ^^

"Lessen" #2: Actually, I can... and I will continue to unless the Race Directors instruct me otherwise.

Ok, that concludes today's teachings. Now for your homework... An essay. A work of self-reflection and hindsight. The topic: Why does your opinion matter here? Consider the following questions when preparing your work. You need not answer them all directly.

1. How many green flags have you taken in this series?

2. How many green flag incidents have you witnessed in this series?

3. How many IR's do you think have been filed against drivers as a direct result of the style of the green flag call? (see question #2 if you need assistance with this one.)

4. When was the last time there has been major complaints lodged in this forum concerning the style of the call? (specifically, by people that ACTUALLY RACE IN THIS SERIES)

Given the extreme complexity of this topic, you will have 1 week to complete the assignment. Please turn in your competed works no later than 6:30pm EST next Sunday. Should you choose not to take on this assignment, it is strongly suggested that you shut your pie hole and go back to the Sunday thread to complain.

giphy.gif
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I read DP opinion earlier and just cringed. I walked way from my keyboard.

@Lessen , :bowdown:👍, your response was so much nicer than mine would have been.

Seriously you guys? You could not have just acting more elite in your little club in your tiny corner of the internet. Good for you, you made me feel bad.

Seriously you guys? You could not have just acting more elite in your little club in your tiny corner of the internet. Good for you, you made me feel bad.

Oh puhlease... Cry me a river dude. You can try to twist things all day long if you care to. There is absolutely nothing elite about my response. You're just being who you are, who we've come to know for several years now. You are THAT GUY that can never be satisfied. Nothing is sufficient until it can be changed just a little bit to suit your opinion. You don't even race in this series and yet you still come here to critisize the way we do things. Not one time, not once... have you come to a Wednesday event since we started calling races like this and in all reality nothing has changed about how it's been done since the series' inception. Due solely to your reputation, your opinion is virtually worthless. I really just don't care what you think. I'm not even going to read the PM you sent me. I just do not care.

You want a voice? Come race. However, if recent history hasn't already proven, that won't mean the RD's are going to change anything. Suck it up buttercup. Life isn't fair.

Dude, I was just bringing something up to talk about. You made it this whole thing. It has nothing to do with not being satisfied, I don't even race in the series. So just because I don't race but I keep up with the discussion nothing I say matters. That's what I mean by elitist. Just because you race you get to be in a special group? I'm still here as part of the discussion and keep up with things. Just because I don't race shouldn't exclude me from continuing to be part of the discussion.

I was being friendly but you saw the word "cringe" and took it to a whole other level.

Back