Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
Hi! I found this post by luck, but I am really happy to be here. First thing I want to say is: thx Matlo. Now I can play with my old G25 in PS4.
I am planning to upgrade my wheel and pedals so it is great to see others did make it work with different wheels/pedals/gears.
Is there any game that let you set up the braking feel (stiffness, travel, dead zone)? As for now Asseto Corsa does not.

I think you can make some changes to brake sensitivity in Project Cars, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check next time I play it and let you know. That game has to have the most settings I think I've ever seen as far as controller/wheel setup goes in a console game.

I think you can make some changes to brake sensitivity in Project Cars, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check next time I play it and let you know. That game has to have the most settings I think I've ever seen as far as controller/wheel setup goes in a console game.
Hi, thx for having a look at it!
Also, does anyone hace a trustmaster t500 up and working with gimx?
Rgds.

Hi, thx for having a look at it!
Also, does anyone hace a trustmaster t500 up and working with gimx?
Rgds.
I haven't personally heard of anyone using a t500 with GIMX, but that could be because it already works with a lot of earlier ps4 racing titles. You just can't use it in the ps4 menu. Sony said it was up to developers if they wanted to add support for it or not. I haven't heard if it works in the newest titles though.

I haven't personally heard of anyone using a t500 with GIMX, but that could be because it already works with a lot of earlier ps4 racing titles. You just can't use it in the ps4 menu. Sony said it was up to developers if they wanted to add support for it or not. I haven't heard if it works in the newest titles though.
T500 works great without GIMX (only in-game, as you said) on both AC and F1 2016.

I don't know if it would be possible to make the T500 work with a GIMX type device anyway. So far, only the Logitech G29 has been emulated successfully for other Logitech wheels, and of course for the Fanatec wheels that themselves have a Logitech G25 emulator of sorts built into them.

Awesome, thanks for the links, there's some interesting stuff in those threads! Sounds promising, but maybe still a while off, as it sounds like a bit of work. Matlo is a bloody champ!

Indeed Matlo needs to be commended on his work. The guy is a straight up BOSS!! I have the beta and it works on PS3. Still sorting out a few small bugs but I can't stress enough how wonderful it is playing Ridge Racer 7, Gran Turismo 6 and Daytona USA with my Leo Bodnar FFB wheel. Dreams *DO* come true, gentlemen!

Indeed Matlo needs to be commended on his work. The guy is a straight up BOSS!! I have the beta and it works on PS3. Still sorting out a few small bugs but I can't stress enough how wonderful it is playing Ridge Racer 7, Gran Turismo 6 and Daytona USA with my Leo Bodnar FFB wheel. Dreams *DO* come true, gentlemen!
I'd like to see what your rig looks like - sounds expensive. Pictures if you can. Thanks

I'd like to see what your rig looks like - sounds expensive. Pictures if you can. Thanks

20160617151417_1.jpg

20160617151651_1.jpg

20160617151714_1.jpg

20160617151732_1.jpg

Guys, first of all, thank you for putting this together...
I'm in the process of getting everything I need to build my own.
I have to ask, can we face any "problems" while using our wheels in this particular way? I mean, getting banned or something from PSN...
I'm asking because I'll buy a G29 eventually, but for the meantime, this is it....

Guys, first of all, thank you for putting this together...
I'm in the process of getting everything I need to build my own.
I have to ask, can we face any "problems" while using our wheels in this particular way? I mean, getting banned or something from PSN...
I'm asking because I'll buy a G29 eventually, but for the meantime, this is it....

I don't think so. Basically GIMX makes the PS4 think your wheel is a G29. If you have a G25/27 right now, buy a G29 when your optical sensors finally wear out or when some new wheel you just have to have is released. I made the mistake of buying a t300 on a big sale, and I use my G27 with GIMX on my PS4 more.

I don't think so. Basically GIMX makes the PS4 think your wheel is a G29. If you have a G25/27 right now, buy a G29 when your optical sensors finally wear out or when some new wheel you just have to have is released. I made the mistake of buying a t300 on a big sale, and I use my G27 with GIMX on my PS4 more.

Thanks for answering. I still have a Driving force GT, and, well, I'll be using that for now.
I'm tired, I want to play Driveclub and so many others with a wheel!

Thanks for answering. I still have a Driving force GT, and, well, I'll be using that for now.
I'm tired, I want to play Driveclub and so many others with a wheel!
Good luck with your gimx build. If you run into any problems, post here or the gimx forums for help.

Is there anything wrong or something that you don't like about the t300. I was thinking about getting one of those when my g27 is obsolete

Is there anything wrong or something that you don't like about the t300. I was thinking about getting one of those when my g27 is obsolete

There's nothing wrong with the T300. I've just had more experience on the g27. I think the T300 has a better feel to it (gives a slightly more realistic feel in the FFB) and the th8a shifter with its build quality and 7th gear is superior to the G27 shifter. I think the T300's FFB feels better because of the single motor driven vs dual motors. I feel the dual motors of the G27 fighting each other for brief moments when FFB is shifted from left to right. Also the belt drives gives a smoother feel over the dual direct gears of the G27. I feel over and under steer with the t300, which I don't really notice with the g27. It's like I can tell that the wheels of the in game car are loosing grip or have to much. People say they don't like the rubber feel of the T300's stock PS4 wheel, but I like the grip, size and options to easily change out the wheel if I ever decide to.

When it comes down to it, I'm a tinker'er and I like playing around with my GIMX setup and trying to evolve it. I started with it running through a HTPC since it was right next to the PS4, but swapping screens back and forth to get it going every time became a PITA, and luckily I have 2 PS4 controllers so I didn't have to go into the menu's and turn the controler off to connect it to GIMX. Then I moved on to a netbook that was lying around so I could have different screens, but then that started to feel like a waste of power and took up too much space. Then I looked into the Raspberry Pi and had found an automated image that a guy named Waveform posted in the GIMX forums. I started with a RPi model B I had lying around and it worked pretty well. Then I wondered if the PS4's usb port put out enough juice to power it, which it does, and I started running the RPi directly from the PS4 via its 2 usb ports (one communicating with the DIY adapter, the other powering the RPi). Then I tried the setup using 1 usb port on the PS4 connecting a usb hub for communications with the DIY adapter and powering the RPi, and that worked. both setups gave me the ability to just turn on the PS4, wait for about 45 seconds, and use the wheel (nice if you only have 1 controller). I got my hands on a RPi 3 a month or so ago, and now GIMX boots up and the wheel is ready to go in about 10 seconds, and it still runs directly from 1 usb port on the PS4. If I can get my hands on a cheap PS4 controller, I might looks into disassembling it so it can fit into a small box with the RPi and DIY adapter.

Racing with a wheel is fun and tinkering around with GIMX is also fun, so I like that I can do both at the same time. My G27 is also mounted to a DIY wheelstand that I made, while my T300 is on a wheelstand that was puchased, so there's another cool feeling of using something else I made there as well. Looking back, like you had mentioned, I should have waited till my G27 was obsolete.

There's nothing wrong with the T300. I've just had more experience on the g27. I think the T300 has a better feel to it (gives a slightly more realistic feel in the FFB) and the th8a shifter with its build quality and 7th gear is superior to the G27 shifter. I think the T300's FFB feels better because of the single motor driven vs dual motors. I feel the dual motors of the G27 fighting each other for brief moments when FFB is shifted from left to right. Also the belt drives gives a smoother feel over the dual direct gears of the G27. I feel over and under steer with the t300, which I don't really notice with the g27. It's like I can tell that the wheels of the in game car are loosing grip or have to much. People say they don't like the rubber feel of the T300's stock PS4 wheel, but I like the grip, size and options to easily change out the wheel if I ever decide to.

When it comes down to it, I'm a tinker'er and I like playing around with my GIMX setup and trying to evolve it. I started with it running through a HTPC since it was right next to the PS4, but swapping screens back and forth to get it going every time became a PITA, and luckily I have 2 PS4 controllers so I didn't have to go into the menu's and turn the controler off to connect it to GIMX. Then I moved on to a netbook that was lying around so I could have different screens, but then that started to feel like a waste of power and took up too much space. Then I looked into the Raspberry Pi and had found an automated image that a guy named Waveform posted in the GIMX forums. I started with a RPi model B I had lying around and it worked pretty well. Then I wondered if the PS4's usb port put out enough juice to power it, which it does, and I started running the RPi directly from the PS4 via its 2 usb ports (one communicating with the DIY adapter, the other powering the RPi). Then I tried the setup using 1 usb port on the PS4 connecting a usb hub for communications with the DIY adapter and powering the RPi, and that worked. both setups gave me the ability to just turn on the PS4, wait for about 45 seconds, and use the wheel (nice if you only have 1 controller). I got my hands on a RPi 3 a month or so ago, and now GIMX boots up and the wheel is ready to go in about 10 seconds, and it still runs directly from 1 usb port on the PS4. If I can get my hands on a cheap PS4 controller, I might looks into disassembling it so it can fit into a small box with the RPi and DIY adapter.

Racing with a wheel is fun and tinkering around with GIMX is also fun, so I like that I can do both at the same time. My G27 is also mounted to a DIY wheelstand that I made, while my T300 is on a wheelstand that was puchased, so there's another cool feeling of using something else I made there as well. Looking back, like you had mentioned, I should have waited till my G27 was obsolete.
Thanks man awesome response ! thank you for explaining more about the t300. from all I hear it's a fantastic wheel, and will be on my list of things to come. But for now like you said it's pretty fun messing around with Gimx and learning new things.
Keep up the good work man ,your setup sounds awesome :)

Thanks man awesome response ! thank you for explaining more about the t300. from all I hear it's a fantastic wheel, and will be on my list of things to come. But for now like you said it's pretty fun messing around with Gimx and learning new things.
Keep up the good work man ,your setup sounds awesome :)

I think my setup is awesome, but it doesn't look as awesome as isamu's :)

I think my setup is awesome, but it doesn't look as awesome as isamu's :)

My setup is nothing compared to some of those hardcore guys over on iracing. Man, talk about MEGA fanatical! :lol:

Anyway I decided to go the laptop route. I get no lag at all despite running my controllers from a USB HUB.

By the way...if anyone has a *NON* Logitech FFB wheel(ie Fanatec, Thrustamaster, Accuforce, Bodnar, etc), two different PCs running Windows, and is interested in testing out a hot off the press beta of a GIMX firmware that allows you to emulate a G27 on a *Windows PC*, let me know. I'm currently working with Matlo on this beta but there's a bug we're attempting to identify with *NON* Logitech wheels and could use some more testers.

My setup is nothing compared to some of those hardcore guys over on iracing. Man, talk about MEGA fanatical! :lol:

Anyway I decided to go the laptop route. I get no lag at all despite running my controllers from a USB HUB.

By the way...if anyone has a *NON* Logitech FFB wheel(ie Fanatec, Thrustamaster, Accuforce, Bodnar, etc), two different PCs running Windows, and is interested in testing out a hot off the press beta of a GIMX firmware that allows you to emulate a G27 on a *Windows PC*, let me know. I'm currently working with Matlo on this beta but there's a bug we're attempting to identify with *NON* Logitech wheels and could use some more testers.
I run that same setup ,laptop with the DIY adapter ,like you said no lag what so ever.

Hi! I found this post by luck, but I am really happy to be here. First thing I want to say is: thx Matlo. Now I can play with my old G25 in PS4.
I am planning to upgrade my wheel and pedals so it is great to see others did make it work with different wheels/pedals/gears.
Is there any game that let you set up the braking feel (stiffness, travel, dead zone)? As for now Asseto Corsa does not.

Sorry it took me almost 2 weeks, but Project Cars does have settings to edit the dead zone. There is also a setting for brake sensitivity, and there is also an option to calibrate the brake pedal, so if you wanted very little travel, you could just press in the pedal as far as you wanted it to be register as 100% depressed in the game..

Thanks very much:tup: GIMX have something suitable. I don't have a tablet, or anything:guilty:
You kinda need a laptop or a pc close enough to reach to the Ps4 via USB
If you don't have any of those then your best bet would be a raspberry Pi which I don't kno much about ,but there are people on here that can help you more ,just search around and ask ,that's what we're here for . Goodluck buddy !

Back