Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
That sucks, good luck on the next attempt. I've never used a fanatec wheel with a GIMX setup, but from what I've read putting your fanatec wheel in PS3 mode basically mimics a G27, so in theory it should work when you get your memory card up and running. You would be the first confirmed person with a fanatec wheel I've personally read about to get it working. I've seen a lot of people ask but noone confirm if they tried or got it working, so when you get things up and running, please report back your results.

I know it works on pc. Just got new sd card will try again today. Need to think about some shut down system.

Have been using a Fanatec GT2 wheel and CSR Elite pedals for the last 6 months - works very well in PCARS and DriveClub. Fingers crossed that it will work with GT Sport.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-gt-g27-with-ffb.336625/page-5#post-11164165

Are you using pi?

I know it works on pc. Just got new sd card will try again today. Need to think about some shut down system.

Maybe these might help...

This link you would follow the "shutdown through button" section (http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1687&p=9544#p9544) On top of the shutdown, the rest of it shows how to forgo the USB uart piece and basically connect the DIY adapter and RPi as one.

This link uses a similar method to the button above but also uses a led indicator (http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1617)

If you don't want to go through the process of constructing a button, similar code can be used to also program a keyboard key or 10 key button to shutdown the RPi as well.

I will probably be shutting it down remotely.
Now I have a problem with GIMX itself.
In windows It is working fine, but linux version is looking for description string (It is the only thing that fanatec does not emulate). Modded the sourcecode (probably will have to look in to it mode deeply) Now It's compiling.

It's fun but RPI is quite slow for heavy work so that is anoying.

Manage to run it (Will test it now). I will post the solution here when I will analyze the code more and make a cleaner fix.

Last edited:
I got my RPi 3 in the mail today. I was able to load Raspbian on an sd and update it through the RPi, load GIMX, and create the GUI run automation file in a little under an hour. I didn't have much time to actually use the setup, but it starts up and is ready to go in like 10 seconds now compared to the 45 seconds using the B model RPi. It doesn't even go though a full wheel calibration. I'm not sure if thats bad or not. I only had time to navigate through menus on the PS4, but I've been able to power and communicate with the RPi 3 using 1 usb port on the PS4. I had the USB meter connected and It spiked up to 900+ma a couple of times, but I also haven't disabled wifi and bluetooth yet. I'll get in a race or two when I get a chance and report back.

Last edited:
I got my RPi 3 in the mail today. I was able to load Raspbian on an sd and update it through the RPi, load GIMX, and create the GUI run automation file in a little under an hour. I didn't have much time to actually use the setup, but it starts up and is ready to go in like 10 seconds now compared to the 45 seconds using the B model RPi. It doesn't even go though a full wheel calibration. I'm not sure if thats bad or not. I only had time to navigate through menus on the PS4, but I've been able to power and communicate with the RPi 3 using 1 usb port on the PS4. I had the USB meter connected and It spiked up to 900+ma a couple of times, but I also haven't disabled wifi and bluetooth yet. I'll get in a race or two when I get a chance and report back.

Ok so I as well got my RPI 3 running and did the same as you with the GUI run automation file (have not tested yet). I received both my Teensy 2.0 and usb adapter. Now I did that blink load program for the Teensy, but is there anything else that I need to load on the Teensy or does that all happen when Gimx runs on my RPI 3. Thanks

Ok so I as well got my RPI 3 running and did the same as you with the GUI run automation file (have not tested yet). I received both my Teensy 2.0 and usb adapter. Now I did that blink load program for the Teensy, but is there anything else that I need to load on the Teensy or does that all happen when Gimx runs on my RPI 3. Thanks
Its been a while, but I believe if you haven't already you need to load the firmware for your wheel (EMUG29PS4) onto the Teensy board using the same procedure you did to do the blink load program. The firmware can be found here (http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter) under the "Firmware loading" section. The "firmwares" link should have all of them in the download... if I remember correctly.

So guys,

i bought a arduino leonardo that didn't work. I allready have a T500 now but, a friend of mine want my old DFGT, he wants to buy another set to make gimx work.

I told him that is best he buy a teensy 2.0, but i saw some teensy boards on ebay and they are kind of expansive.

Can you guys link me to pieces of hardware in order to make this work this time? I'm not so confident to buy it all by myself.
The last time that i tried i got a Arduino Leonardo with misslabled tag, i've tried a lot of combinations and none worked.

So guys,

i bought a arduino leonardo that didn't work. I allready have a T500 now but, a friend of mine want my old DFGT, he wants to buy another set to make gimx work.

I told him that is best he buy a teensy 2.0, but i saw some teensy boards on ebay and they are kind of expansive.

Can you guys link me to pieces of hardware in order to make this work this time? I'm not so confident to buy it all by myself.
The last time that i tried i got a Arduino Leonardo with misslabled tag, i've tried a lot of combinations and none worked.

The parts I used are in this post from November last year. It is still working ok

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-gt-g27-with-ffb.336625/page-3#post-11110549

I've waded through all the posts here and ordered the hardware. I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

I'm trying to get my driving force pro to work with drive club on ps4. I have everything connected, but can't get the software/firmware to work.

I grew up downloading shareware from bbs's and building my own computers in the 90's. This is way over my "I haven't kept up on things" brain. I'm almost to the point of trying to purchase a ready made adapter for a fee. I'm so frustrated

I've waded through all the posts here and ordered the hardware. I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

I'm trying to get my driving force pro to work with drive club on ps4. I have everything connected, but can't get the software/firmware to work.

I grew up downloading shareware from bbs's and building my own computers in the 90's. This is way over my "I haven't kept up on things" brain. I'm almost to the point of trying to purchase a ready made adapter for a fee. I'm so frustrated

I know the feeling, bro.
I just did everything that i could in order to make it flash the firmware but it didn't worked. Mine is a DFGT.

I bought a T500 but, i really wish i could make my DFGT work on the PS4, a friend of mine want to play with a wheel without spending that much. And my old wheel would be perfect for him!

Try posting on the gimx forum, I have found Matlo to be very helpful. Also post pictures of how you connected it and perhaps someone can help.

I did have difficulties building this - got the wires crossed but all good now and have 2 working devices.

Could a solution be made and sold as a complete plug and play part? I think that could be a good earner for someone.
There is one. Its called the Reasnow Crosshair, but personally I don't think its worth $120-$150 us for it. It's been speculated that the creators used GIMX to create it, but I personally have never seen any proof either way.

(If you don't have experience with arduino)
I would suggest (if you can get a hold of one) spending a bit more an trying out a teensy 2.0 board for the DIY adapter. It is a lot easier to program/upload the firmware then an arduino.

Automation is really easy to do as well. There are two methods. The one posted on the GIMX wiki, which is non-GUI based, is the harder method of the two to implement, and in the GIMX forums there is a GUI based method that is really easy to follow. Most of the time is spent in a browser on the RPi. I recently did it when I got a RPi3. With Bluetooth and Wifi on I am still able to use automated GIMX with the RPi3 via 1 usb port on the PS4 supplying power and communicating with the RPi. It boots up and is ready to use in like 10 seconds now compared to the 45 it took the v1 B model I was previously using.

Looks like now would be a great time for someone to start building plug and play GIMX type adaptors. With Fanatec wheels seemingly no longer supported in future PS4 games, a lot of Fanatec owners would benefit from spending a little on a GIMX, rather than spending a lot on a new wheel they may not want or need.

Looks like now would be a great time for someone to start building plug and play GIMX type adaptors. With Fanatec wheels seemingly no longer supported in future PS4 games, a lot of Fanatec owners would benefit from spending a little on a GIMX, rather than spending a lot on a new wheel they may not want or need.
If anyone needs help in building one, I can help - just send me a pm although overseas postage may be a problem. Don't want any payment for it, just to help.

If anyone needs help in building one, I can help - just send me a pm although overseas postage may be a problem. Don't want any payment for it, just to help.

Mate, I would pay you for any help, no dramas. I'm only down in Tassie, so no problem for postage, which of course I'd also pay for. Do we have anyone here who have successfully got the GIMX to work with a Fanatec wheel? They're so cheap that I'll try regardless, but it would be handy to have someone who has already done it, to help with any hurdles I may reach trying to get it all working.

Mate, I would pay you for any help, no dramas. I'm only down in Tassie, so no problem for postage, which of course I'd also pay for. Do we have anyone here who have successfully got the GIMX to work with a Fanatec wheel? They're so cheap that I'll try regardless, but it would be handy to have someone who has already done it, to help with any hurdles I may reach trying to get it all working.

I'm using gimx with a Fanatec GT2, Logitech G27 and a Driving Force GT - using the same chip but different setup files (xml) for each wheel.

You will need a windows or linux pc to go with that. Had difficulty setting up on linux but works quite well with windows

The advantage of setting it up on a pc is the different configurations you can use.

I've connected my CSR Elite pedals and GT2 wheel separately to the pc (2 usb connections) as well as with the pedals connected to the wheel. With the separate wheel and pedal connected, I've noticed a better feel in the pedals.

I'm using gimx with a Fanatec GT2, Logitech G27 and a Driving Force GT - using the same chip but different setup files (xml) for each wheel.

You will need a windows or linux pc to go with that. Had difficulty setting up on linux but works quite well with windows

The advantage of setting it up on a pc is the different configurations you can use.

I've connected my CSR Elite pedals and GT2 wheel separately to the pc (2 usb connections) as well as with the pedals connected to the wheel. With the separate wheel and pedal connected, I've noticed a better feel in the pedals.

Awesome. I've got my old windows laptop, it runs Vista, but that should be good enough shouldn't it? If you don't mind, I'll PM you for a bit of help setting it up once I've bought the parts. We're going to be moving house fairly soon, so I can't order anything off the 'net right now, as I don't know if we'll be here long enough for the postage. When we know exactly where we're gonna be (looking for rentals), I'll order them.

I think you are right, gimx might become more important once Asseto Corsa and GT Sport release. Not everyone is well heeled enough to buy a wheel every console generation..

Also replied to your pm. Cheers

I'm trying to get the CSR working right now, but it seems like no matter what I do, my wheel has a massive dead zone out the outter edges. So for example if I have my wheel set to 520, I only actually get 360 degrees rotation the rest is dead zone. I can't figure out what is happening. But it makes driving nearly impossible lol. For pcars it would be easy to bypass, by simply increasing to 900 and then calibrating in game, but for games that don't have the ingame calibration, it's going to be nearly impossible to get a good feel. Which are all the games I need this for lol.

Also I am randomly losing connection while playing (wheel stops working) log shows no error.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the CSR working right now, but it seems like no matter what I do, my wheel has a massive dead zone out the outter edges. So for example if I have my wheel set to 520, I only actually get 360 degrees rotation the rest is dead zone. I can't figure out what is happening. But it makes driving nearly impossible lol. For pcars it would be easy to bypass, by simply increasing to 900 and then calibrating in game, but for games that don't have the ingame calibration, it's going to be nearly impossible to get a good feel. Which are all the games I need this for lol.

Also I am randomly losing connection while playing (wheel stops working) log shows no error.

Sounds like your gimx is not working properly or your configuration file is incorrect. Would you like to post the xml file you are using and I can compare it with mine.

Also you may want to post your problem at the gimx forum http://forum.gimx.fr/. I have found the solution to my install problems just browsing their forums.

The only problem I found (with my csw v2) is that using rpi I had some disconnects but I suspect It is a power issue. Did not had the time to rest it after my wheel RMA but I'm thinking about Rpi 3

For linux based OS and fanatec you have to mod gimx wheel detection or the ID string in the config file.

Hi all,

Firstly, shame on the wheel devs for not updating their products to work with the PS4.

Secondly, can someone with DFGT experience just fill me in with the best method to follow, currently looking at this -

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

is the dummies guide robust, anyone tried it on here?

plan on using the following parts -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Teensy-LC...sh=item3d1d99f075:g:-LMAAOSwV0RXvCzI#shpCntId

+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AFRXKFU/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

so, just to clarify the end setup see's the DS4, DFGT, PC and PS4 all linked via the Teensy?

Thanks in advance for any input

Dan

Hi all,

Firstly, shame on the wheel devs for not updating their products to work with the PS4.

Secondly, can someone with DFGT experience just fill me in with the best method to follow, currently looking at this -

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

is the dummies guide robust, anyone tried it on here?

plan on using the following parts -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Teensy-LC...sh=item3d1d99f075:g:-LMAAOSwV0RXvCzI#shpCntId

+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AFRXKFU/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

so, just to clarify the end setup see's the DS4, DFGT, PC and PS4 all linked via the Teensy?

Thanks in advance for any input

Dan
From there guide:
You can either take a Teensy 2.0 or a Teensy ++ 2.0.
The other Teensy boards (3.x, LC, ...) are NOT compatible!

And yes Teensy with uart converter works as a pass trough PC/PI<>PS4/PS3

I used those (I bought from germany because they ship to my country):
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01D0OI90U/
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01CYBHM26/

And they work. I was having slight problems with my first Gen RPI. Now I'm waiting for RPI 3 to be delivered.

Last edited:
If you have a CronusMAX just update it to the latest firmware (v1.22 as of today) - it has a new PS4 Wheel Edition mode that handles Logitech G25, G27 and Driving Force GT with Full Force Feedback, Pedals and Shifters. Also supports a beta version of the G920 code with no FFB atm.

That's great news, thanks for sharing. I might need to get me one of those.

:D

Back