PlayStation 5 Rumors Latest: Console Reveal Within the Next Six Weeks

So the seeds of buying the console are starting to form in my brain but I don't know if I will jump in at launch, there are a number of
things that I really want Sony to say the PS5 can do that will make me shell out my money.

If the ongoing rumour discussion that the next Gran Turismo is a PS5 launch title which I can't see happening but Polyphonic Digital please prove me wrong :) 👍 then that is one thing that will make me purchase the console.

Second thing is the backwards compatibility, I really hope they actually give some information, I know that PS4 is fine but all this talk of being able
to play earlier games from PS1, 2 and I presume 3 gets my attention but since I still own the original games I would want to play I hope the system
will recognise the disc versions and we don't have to buy again, a personal bug bear of mine from PS3 onward.

I guess we shall find out soon, the waiting game is hard at the moment though as would like to know so I can start to plan savings wise etc.

So the seeds of buying the console are starting to form in my brain but I don't know if I will jump in at launch, there are a number of
things that I really want Sony to say the PS5 can do that will make me shell out my money.

If the ongoing rumour discussion that the next Gran Turismo is a PS5 launch title which I can't see happening but Polyphonic Digital please prove me wrong :) 👍 then that is one thing that will make me purchase the console.

Second thing is the backwards compatibility, I really hope they actually give some information, I know that PS4 is fine but all this talk of being able
to play earlier games from PS1, 2 and I presume 3 gets my attention but since I still own the original games I would want to play I hope the system
will recognise the disc versions and we don't have to buy again, a personal bug bear of mine from PS3 onward.

I guess we shall find out soon, the waiting game is hard at the moment though as would like to know so I can start to plan savings wise etc.
It would be a huge win for Sony if they can get Gran Turismo 7 at launch with the PS5.

With all this talk about GT being a launch title then I would say yes, it's likely, but it's not going to be GT7, but it'll be GTS updated to take advantage of the PS5's extra power.

As far as I'm led to believe all the assets are ready to go as PD had an eye towards the future and produced them at a higher level detail than was needed for the PS4 and then were "downscaled" so the PS4 could cope.

Either there, or in June. I don’t think that they’ll entirely go without any announcements or news despite their plans to not host an E3 conference.

I’m personally hoping for a new WipEout, and/or more ways to play older games. There seemed to be so many PS1 and PS2 games available on the PS3’s PSN, but next to nothing on the PS4’s PSN. It seems weird to me, as if they should’ve been unified somehow, instead.
Give me a new WipEout built from the ground up for PS5 and I will be the happiest man on earth.

With all this talk about GT being a launch title then I would say yes, it's likely, but it's not going to be GT7, but it'll be GTS updated to take advantage of the PS5's extra power.
It's hard to think of it that way, especially if BC for the games of the outgoing generation will already be fully functional for the PS5.

Give me a new WipEout built from the ground up for PS5 and I will be the happiest man on earth.
There's that new game Pacer coming, too, which has one of the guys who used to work on WipEout on its staff. I think they even got the Designers Republic for that one, too.

I hope that the PS5 comes with at least a 2 TB HD because a 1 TB is just stupid, having to buy a larger HD for a new console is so wrong. When I bought my PS4 I had to wait 2 days for the 2 TB HD I ordered, I didn't want to start it up with the useless 1 TB HD it came with.

Last edited:
I hope that the PS5 comes with at least a 2 Gig HD because a 1 Gig is just stupid, having to buy a larger HD for a new console is so wrong. When I bought my PS4 I had to wait 2 days for the 2 Gig HD I ordered, I didn't want to start it up with the useless 1 Gig HD it came with.
A 1GB or 2GB hard drive is kinda too small for the PS4, don't you think?

A 1GB or 2GB hard drive is kinda too small for the PS4, don't you think?
My 2 TB has done me well, if I need more now I can use an external HD now which wasn't an option at launch.

Last edited:
I hope that the PS5 comes with at least a 2 Gig HD because a 1 Gig is just stupid, having to buy a larger HD for a new console is so wrong. When I bought my PS4 I had to wait 2 days for the 2 Gig HD I ordered, I didn't want to start it up with the useless 1 Gig HD it came with.
The filesize-to-storage ratio on PS4 for its games is absurdly limiting compared to the Switch despite the Switch's storage being relatively tiny overall. The differing policies on installations and updates are part of the problem.

And I only have 500GB in my PS4 Slim! I'm not making that mistake next time. It can only fit FOUR OR THREE of the more-massive games out there! I haven't had this kind of trouble with storage space since the literal 2GB HDD my family had in our first Windows computer in the 1990s!

I would readily accept the option of lower-res textures, compressed audio, fewer polygons, whatever, for more sensible filesizes. 🤬 the superficial eye candy if it requires all that data. But they could never do that. :rolleyes:

I've actually been skipping games on PS4 almost solely because I don't feel like they're worth making room on the HDD, or hogging the space in place of other games. If they weren't so big, I would have bought them. It's a problem.

Last edited:
And I only have 500GB in my PS4 Slim! I'm not making that mistake next time. It can only fit FOUR OR THREE of the more-massive games out there! I haven't had this kind of trouble with storage space since the literal 2GB HDD my family had in our first Windows computer in the 1990s!
Not much to add to the actual topic, but I was absolutely shocked to see the file size of COD MW on my Xbox One X sitting at 154GB! I do have even if I do have plenty of space still that's still a humongous chunk, even more so when you consider how we dont get access to the full TB in the first place.

I would readily accept the option of lower-res textures, compressed audio, fewer polygons, whatever, for more sensible filesizes. 🤬 the superficial eye candy if it requires all that data. But they could never do that. :rolleyes:
I'm indifferent. I think these file sizes are getting ridiculous, but at the other end I really don't think i can give up things like that :lol: Mostly because I bought the One X for reasons like that.

I'm indifferent. I think these file sizes are getting ridiculous, but at the other end I really don't think i can give up things like that :lol: Mostly because I bought the One X for reasons like that.
The option would be welcome. I could devote extra space for a pretty game I'm going to play a lot, but I'm not going to clear my HDD to take a chance on a 100GB game I'm not sure I'll enjoy (even for a steep discount), and I'm not going to hang onto a bigass game I might have enjoyed well enough but didn't love, like FFXV or RDR2. The first instance should concern publishers, I think.

I have a 4terabyte external drive and its full, mind you my backlog is crazy haha eww.
But with 100g games and many are long-lasting, and for someone like me i tend to switch often to many games for a while. So i prefer to keep them installed as much as i can.
Hopefully on ps5 we will have more optimized installs, and maybe more playable demos if file sizes are better managed on new gen.
Also i hope we get more full mod support.

So the cost of making the PS5 is rumored at around 450$ making the console launch price of 499$

The factor of having NAND and DRAM.
As the competition of those have increased the price of them as they are not only in SSDs but are now transitioning into Phones. (iPhone to be more specific right now)

So it'll be interesting to see once the announcement comes out.

Saw this on google news suggestions, hope ok to post a screenshot of it.
New leak of specs of both consoles,
Shows more similar specs than some rumors, except the ps5 would have 2g extra ddr6 memory plus 50% faster ssd, a little more core power dedicated to RT nd a core for 3d audio. Cool to me if true.
Screenshot_2020-02-18-14-34-44.png

I really hate this "AMD Zen 2" crap. Either reveal a core count if you know it, or just leave that part blank. That and a frequency tells me 🤬 all about nothing. Best I can do is guesstimate. :lol:

I really hate this "AMD Zen 2" crap. Either reveal a core count if you know it, or just leave that part blank. That and a frequency tells me 🤬 all about nothing. Best I can do is guesstimate. :lol:
Yeah that's true, it doesn't say the total processing speed of the cpus.

Saw this on google news suggestions, hope ok to post a screenshot of it.
New leak of specs of both consoles,
Shows more similar specs than some rumors, except the ps5 would have 2g extra ddr6 memory plus 50% faster ssd, a little more core power dedicated to RT nd a core for 3d audio. Cool to me if true.
View attachment 892222

I ran into this article that questions the "leaked" specs and makes some good points as far as heat/ cooling and power consumption are concerned.

"4Chan is infamous for being unreliable. But, regardless of that, the specs themselves are pretty much nonsense and very unlikely.

For a start, 18GB GDDR6 would essentially be a pro pro graphics card. While the PS5 is going to be a powerhouse, we don't think it's going to be (or needs to be) that powerful. This is arguably more than any home console would need - even next gen.

In addition, the VRAM is much more than the PS5 would need. If there’s a split between video memory and system memory, like this leak seems to imply, 4GB is not a lot and it would be an odd system to implement.

That brings us on to the AMD Zen 2 at 3.6GHz, which would basically be a Ryzen 7 3700X. This would require a lot of power and, in console form, is likely to get very hot - which goes against Sony's aim for a more eco-friendly console. Usually this could be combated in a gaming PC with a water cooling system but that's almost definitely not going to be a feature with the PS5.

However, while most of these specs seem pretty unbelievable, the SSD specs are on par with what we would expect from the PS5 - very fast. This would make sense considering Sony's aim to essentially do-away with loading times. There are also cores for ray-tracing and 3D audio, which are confirmed PS5 features.

These specs also line up with rumors that the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5, although the PS5 will apparently beat it out when it comes to GPU.

Regardless of how many aspects line up, it's likely a lot of these specs are educated guesses based on information Sony has previously released - and other rumors. Unsurprisingly, given how powerful the leak claims the next-gen consoles are and the source, we're not convinced these are the real PS5 or Xbox Series X specs."

I ran into this article that questions the "leaked" specs and makes some good points as far as heat/ cooling and power consumption are concerned.

"4Chan is infamous for being unreliable. But, regardless of that, the specs themselves are pretty much nonsense and very unlikely.

For a start, 18GB GDDR6 would essentially be a pro pro graphics card. While the PS5 is going to be a powerhouse, we don't think it's going to be (or needs to be) that powerful. This is arguably more than any home console would need - even next gen.

In addition, the VRAM is much more than the PS5 would need. If there’s a split between video memory and system memory, like this leak seems to imply, 4GB is not a lot and it would be an odd system to implement.

That brings us on to the AMD Zen 2 at 3.6GHz, which would basically be a Ryzen 7 3700X. This would require a lot of power and, in console form, is likely to get very hot - which goes against Sony's aim for a more eco-friendly console. Usually this could be combated in a gaming PC with a water cooling system but that's almost definitely not going to be a feature with the PS5.

However, while most of these specs seem pretty unbelievable, the SSD specs are on par with what we would expect from the PS5 - very fast. This would make sense considering Sony's aim to essentially do-away with loading times. There are also cores for ray-tracing and 3D audio, which are confirmed PS5 features.

These specs also line up with rumors that the Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5, although the PS5 will apparently beat it out when it comes to GPU.

Regardless of how many aspects line up, it's likely a lot of these specs are educated guesses based on information Sony has previously released - and other rumors. Unsurprisingly, given how powerful the leak claims the next-gen consoles are and the source, we're not convinced these are the real PS5 or Xbox Series X specs."
I see yeah, oh well, fingers crossed that it is going to be as good has this, especially ps5 as that would be my 1st choice for sure.
It says it's a leak of the dev kit 2 of ps5 and that Sony has sent already a kit 3.
And that the xbox kit is pretty final.

Edit: As long as they are reliable of course.
I've had no problem with my std ps4 at all.
But my experience with x360 as been miserable with 3 or 4 crapping out and my last one has major external power supply overheating and going redlight and off.

Last edited:
Sony have already confirmed 8 Cores, 16 Threads. I think both Sony and Microsoft will cut L3 cache down from 32MB to 8MB compared to the 3700X.

We should know something in 2 weeks right?
I mean yesterday was 4 weeks.

Sony have already confirmed 8 Cores, 16 Threads. I think both Sony and Microsoft will cut L3 cache down from 32MB to 8MB compared to the 3700X.
I see, how about the xbox, was there confirmation too?
Edit: from previous leaks it seems the same at 8 cores..

Last edited:

Either I missed that or completely blanked on it. Either way, that's something to go on. 👍

If you saw the Dreams image that showed a PS5 icon - it looked the same basic design as the dev kit so cooling may be a priority.

This leak is saying 12.6 TF whereas Digital Foundry say 9 plus based on the specs they saw. Hopefully we'll know soon enough.

I've read somewhere an article recently saying that the PS5 might be the last console that Sony will release. Is it true? Oh dear, I hope not. :dunce:

Latest Posts

Back