PlayStation 5 Rumors Latest: Console Reveal Within the Next Six Weeks

There are lots of rumors and it will never stop until we get some official info. I hope they show some games. Though I think it will be more about the specs, features. They will probably hold another event before release to show games and announce the price. Especially since they will be not be going to E3.
Some people just don't realize this.

upload_2020-1-31_12-40-34.png

I’m more curious than excited specifically with the 8k/ray tracing potential.
We’re able to push just over 60hz at 4K now running a 2080ti with not many games out there supporting ray tracing.

I tried my 2060 super at 4K it managed 30-40fps temps spiked to above 70c quickly went back to 1440p.

So not being a downer here just a curious realist wondering how they intend to run 8K on a console with estimated guesses suggesting gpu power equivalent to my gpu.

PS5 will be more powerful than 2060 super. I think it is expected to be on par with 5700XT with ray tracing or even to the level of RTX 2080. But 8K is just a PR, checkbox they want to tick to market it as future proof. Personally I think 1440P or checkerboard 4K resolution that PS4 Pro uses is good enough as long as we get good jump in texture quality, shadow quality, ray tracing etc ... as these are pretty gfx intensive and IMO more important.

While I'm very interested, until there's a must have game for me then I won't be buying into the PS5 until at least halfway through it's lifecycle. Early adopters tend to get screwed on 2 sides - price and limited games library.

One thing that's caught my attention though is the backward compatibility, especially that with PS1 and PS2 games. However the question I have is am I going to be able to use my existing disks, or will I have to rebuy the games from the PS store. If it's the latter then I'll just stick to my current methods of playing old PS games.

While I'm very interested, until there's a must have game for me then I won't be buying into the PS5 until at least halfway through it's lifecycle. Early adopters tend to get screwed on 2 sides - price and limited games library.

One thing that's caught my attention though is the backward compatibility, especially that with PS1 and PS2 games. However the question I have is am I going to be able to use my existing disks, or will I have to rebuy the games from the PS store. If it's the latter then I'll just stick to my current methods of playing old PS games.

I agree about the games its unlikely a must have AAA will emerge at launch, but if Gran Turismo 7 was a launch title... Backwards compatibility is nice but Ive kept 2 modded PS2's and still have my pro so meh... Old games are great until you actually boot them up rose tinted spectactles n all that... I can still play danmaku shoot em ups and beat em ups, but anything 3D is out of the question much rather have a remaster... Im still hoping they remaster mass effect trilogy...

The 15th-16th would be an interesting time to unveil details given that the GT Sport live event is happening on the same weekend. Might be something to that:idea:

Word came out last night that Insomniac are apparently working on a new Ratchet & Clank title, possibly for release on the console's launch. No matter what other games are available from that launch window, I'm still likely to hold off getting a PS5 until any untoward bugs or server/hardware issues are ironed out.

Hope we hear more official words on backwards compatibility - it was one of the reasons I initially held onto my original 60GB PS3 until it got the YLOD.

Last edited:
I want to replay BLACK. That game has the best gun sounds to this day, and I will blast my speakers making people think there is an actual gun being fired in my home :lol:

I'm looking forward to the PS5, can't wait to pre-order on Amazon :D will probably book release week off work just to get up to speed on things!

Disc-based backwards compatibility would be quite handy, as it would mean I can finally store away my PS2 and have just one Playstation hooked up. So long as this doesn't introduce noticeable input latency over my current setup, anyway...my deinterlacer might remain valuable for that.

Latest suggestion looks like it could be a Samsung 980 QVO for the SSD.
Looks to be a QLC cache and speeds not quite up to the full potential on Read/Write.

Back