Playstation store preorderPS4 

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 816 comments

Will you be buying a digital or hard copy of the game?

• Total voters
I must have missed something. I'm in the states and I'm not seeing it yet. Boy I was ready to hit that pre-ordered icon man!! I've been away from the forums after the delay. I got mad. Said I wasn't coming back till release. I lied!!:lol: I just can't get enough. I'm a sms addict.

I must have missed something. I'm in the states and I'm not seeing it yet. Boy I was ready to hit that pre-ordered icon man!! I've been away from the forums after the delay. I got mad. Said I wasn't coming back till release. I lied!!:lol: I just can't get enough. I'm a sms addict.
If it is not there Tuesday when they update the store, then you can get mad. The thread was probably created when Europe gained the ability to pre-order the game.

If it is not there Tuesday when they update the store, then you can get mad. The thread was probably created when Europe gained the ability to pre-order the game.
Thanks my friend. I will see then. I thought psn updated on sundays. I'm sure it will be there. One more thing. Is it only the core game or is there the LE as well?

Thanks my friend. I will see then. I thought psn updated on sundays. I'm sure it will be there. One more thing. Is it only the core game or is there the LE as well?
Your question first, I don't precisely know because I am on the fence on buying pCARS, but as an apt comparison, when WWE2k15 went up for pre-order, they had the regular game and the Limited Edition up for pre-order. Take from that as you will.

Yes, PSN generally updates on your region's release date. Europe's releases are on Fridays, America is on Tuesday, and Japan is on (I want to say Thursday).

Eurogamer has an excellent piece on why everything is the way it is:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-23-why-are-we-stuck-with-games-being-released-on-a-friday

Unfortunately no LE is up atm on PSN Store though of course the modified car pack is included in the preorder. Personally I am going to wait a bit longer before placing my preorder because I really want to preorder the LE as well and don't want to commit before knowing whether or not it is going to be offered.

Although I know everyone is wanting the cars that come with the Limited Edition - I think some of the point of the LE is the steel case and book which you obviously won't get with the PSN pre-order so I'm not sure of it being on PSN. Which is why I pre-ordered a physical copy. Happy to be proved wrong though. :)

Although I know everyone is wanting the cars that come with the Limited Edition - I think some of the point of the LE is the steel case and book which you obviously won't get with the PSN pre-order so I'm not sure of it being on PSN. Which is why I pre-ordered a physical copy. Happy to be proved wrong though. :)
Advanced Warfare had a special edition for $120 that included in game content and physical objects. It also had a $100 digital version which had all of the in game content, you just didn't get the physical objects because it was digital. Hopefully pCars will have a similar offer on digital.

Advanced Warfare had a special edition for $120 that included in game content and physical objects. It also had a $100 digital version which had all of the in game content, you just didn't get the physical objects because it was digital. Hopefully pCars will have a similar offer on digital.
Also I believe the LE is available via steam preorder. I do find it odd that the BMW M1 is hidden behind a paywall when it seems to be the hero car for PCars.

Also I believe the LE is available via steam preorder. I do find it odd that the BMW M1 is hidden behind a paywall when it seems to be the hero car for PCars.

What makes you thing that the M1 is the hero car? If anything, I would say it is the Aston GT3 since it starred in one of the trailers. Or the Lotus 49 that was the first previewed car for the game. Or the fictional LMP1s, if there will be some more PR ballohoo for them.

I must admit I'm a huge Audi fan, especially when it comes to LeMans. I just love the R18..but when it comes to Pcars: The fictional LMP's are so good, it's very hard to chose which LMP I like the most

Hello my friends. It is now Tuesday here in the states and it's my understanding that psn updates its store today. Still not showing.:confused:

just preordered from PSN and there's 3 downloads now waiting; the game, the modified pack and the LE pack, and all for around the same price as amazon. didn't particularly want to go digital but if we hear nothing about whether or not we can buy just the LE car pack as DLC I'll be sticking with digital.

got a few weeks for more details to leak anyway.

I might cancel my pre order and go LE. I wanted to order the LE but it was sold out. Was chancing on picking up someone's order if they haven't picked it up after 48 hours.

Never went digital. Is it true if PSN is down I wouldn't be able to play even the offline stuff?

I might cancel my pre order and go LE. I wanted to order the LE but it was sold out. Was chancing on picking up someone's order if they haven't picked it up after 48 hours.

Never went digital. Is it true if PSN is down I wouldn't be able to play even the offline stuff?
surely once the game is installed on the HDD you can play no matter if PSN is working or not. it's just like having the disc.

You would think so but apparently it needs to check with PSN every start up to prevent piracy.

Just looked on the store (UK) and can only see the pre order edition. If that's the case I will just be keeping my Game pre order and wait the 48 hours in the hope someone doesn't pick up thier LE copy.

Just checked the UK site and they don't have the LE edition up. Quick read of the T's & C's on the Irish site say I must be resident in Ireland. Don't see them delivering to UK :banghead:

Signing up now in hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think so but apparently it needs to check with PSN every start up to prevent piracy.

Just looked on the store (UK) and can only see the pre order edition. If that's the case I will just be keeping my Game pre order and wait the 48 hours in the hope someone doesn't pick up thier LE copy.
i was dubious at first but after seeing @Schumi-01's screenshot of the order i went and did the same and after my preorder went through i was taken to a screen with 3 impending downloads; the game, the modified pack plus the LE pack, and as SMS state on the official pCARS website, every digital edition is in fact the Limited Edition.

i really hope that's the case.
as for the PSN thing, i think i'll disconnect my wifi and see if i can play any of my digital games asap

edit: after having read around a bit it looks like you indeed cannot play games downloaded from PSN if you have no internet connection, so if PSN goes down....
i might actually go back to physical, my amazon order still stands.

why is it never simple?

Last edited:
Back