Playstation store preorderPS4 

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 816 comments

Will you be buying a digital or hard copy of the game?

• Total voters
If I can play my game when PSN is down and it is the LE edition then I'll go digital. If not I'll be ordering from the Irish gamestop. Thank you so much @Over Active for the link. I can confirm they let you choose to deliver to the UK or Ireland.

edit: after having read around a bit it looks like you indeed cannot play games downloaded from PSN if you have no internet connection, so if PSN goes down....
i might actually go back to physical, my amazon order still stands.

why is it never simple?

Looks like I'll be getting my copy from Ireland then

yes, you have to get your downloaded game verified by PSN just as the physical disc verifies that version after you install it. the fact that we all know PSN does and will go down (for whatever reasons) is a digital deal-breaker for me. thanks for pointing it out

i was dubious at first but after seeing @Schumi-01's screenshot of the order i went and did the same and after my preorder went through i was taken to a screen with 3 impending downloads; the game, the modified pack plus the LE pack, and as SMS state on the official pCARS website, every digital edition is in fact the Limited Edition.

So because all digital copies include the LE that must be the reason for not listing the LE cars separately on PSN, only the Modified Car Pack for preordering because they are in fact the only extras.
I think I'll just go ahead & do my PSN preorder soon then.

EDIT On PCars site for the Digiital Edition it includes the Modified Car Pack along with the LE, nothing about having to preorder to get the MCP. But tbh I reckon if you want the MCP on digital it's best to preorder just in case ;)

Last edited:
On release day I will eject my disc 10 times at 50% when installing the game, in honor to all the users trying to download on day one.

;) Just kidding, I'm even afraid of the day one patch downloading... psn performance wise.

edit: after having read around a bit it looks like you indeed cannot play games downloaded from PSN if you have no internet connection, so if PSN goes down....
i might actually go back to physical, my amazon order still stands.

why is it never simple?

I have qite a few Dl games form the store, even when my internet has gone down, or PSN is playing up i can still play them no problem at all.

I have qite a few Dl games form the store, even when my internet has gone down, or PSN is playing up i can still play them no problem at all.
are they games that are available physically too? i have a lot of games that are digital only, such as the free PS plus games, but have none that are also available to buy in a shop. do you? just want to check if these titles work without needing PSN running, thanks

are they games that are available physically too? i have a lot of games that are digital only, such as the free PS plus games, but have none that are also available to buy in a shop. do you? just want to check if these titles work without needing PSN running, thanks

Yes these are main stream games that are available either Digital or Physical, but i will check later on tonight, that they will work, i shall diconnect my internet and then try them for you.

Yes these are main stream games that are available either Digital or Physical, but i will check later on tonight, that they will work, i shall diconnect my internet and then try them for you.

Yes this is something we need to know, for sure. Would put me off going Digital if that was the case.

@BarryB could we get a vote going Digital or Disc ?

Sorry to put all you doubters down but I have just switched my router off. Fired up my PS3 and GT6 digital version whilst loading I got the message "an Ethernet cable is not plugged in" with a option to press back button O which I did and game has loaded fully. No seasonalls available.

But YES you can play digital download offline.

I see no reason as to why it will be any different on PS4. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Just a quick one regarding downloading from PSN , I'm pretty sure when I pre ordered Fifa 15 I was able to download it before the release day but unable to play it until the countdown clock ran down to zero which was midnight on release day at which point I would of had the game available to play . Hope this is the case with project cars once it has gone gold it becomes available to download ready for release day .

Just a quick one regarding downloading from PSN , I'm pretty sure when I pre ordered Fifa 15 I was able to download it before the release day but unable to play it until the countdown clock ran down to zero which was midnight on release day at which point I would of had the game available to play . Hope this is the case with project cars once it has gone gold it becomes available to download ready for release day .

This is independent from the game. Those pre-downloads are handled by Sony. So yes, it should work. But don't forget Day-1 patch ;)

The download date is one day ahead of the release date.

The PSN information on the game states that you can download it to multiple PS4's and also says that your primary PS4 does not need to be connected to the PSN but your other PS4's do have to be connected to the PSN.

yes I'm starting to think PSN connection is not required to play. this is good. I think some companies (like EA) require online connection for their games to work. I believe Dragon Age, for example, will not even play without PSN connection, but that's mostly because EA suck

The download date is one day ahead of the release date.

The PSN information on the game states that you can download it to multiple PS4's and also says that your primary PS4 does not need to be connected to the PSN but your other PS4's do have to be connected to the PSN.

Post 45

I remembered that I bought MGS Ground Zeroes off PSN a while back so I unplugged the Wifi box and turned the PS4 on. Game started fine, got an error message just before getting to the main screen, still let me play it though.

Think I might just go with the digital version. £45 for the LE is too good a deal. I'm not too bothered about the case and book.

Edit: Just ordered it from the PSN store. Got LE upgrade and modified car pack. Going by the countdown timer it will be available to download at 11pm on the 6th of May.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Me to. Been looking for it all week. Any wmd members know anything? I know you guys don't here much about console but figured I give it a try.

Dunno about NA PSN, but in Germany on May 6th, 11pm the download will be available. Game will be playable on May 7th

Unbenannt.PNG

I asked Pete on twitter about the date....SMS have asked PSN to remove/adjust the release date mentioned as there is still not a defined release date for the game other than May. So the seventh is a placeholder and not the official date. ;)
noooooo

Back