PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
The best compromise is to have a mode where you buy your cars and another where you don't have to. Want to be able to make a car your own, paint it, upgrade it, new rims etc? Go and buy one. Are you fine with just driving one? Then go to Arcade, loan the car you want, pick a default color and go have fun.

For prices, 2 to 5 million should be the maximum. Maybe 10 million for some of the legends. The whole 'exclusivity' angle doesn't really work in the virtual world of unlimited copies of the same car. The biggest reason why these cars are so expensive, in the real world, is because they are scarce. If they weren't scarce, like in GT, where you can buy as many of them as you want, money being the only issue, then they wouldn't be as expensive.

That is true a lot less cars in GT Sport and still people complain about the game economy, and it is pretty sad life they got to complain about the game economy.

Yeah, its really sad that people complain about an aspect of a product that they pay money for not being as good as it can be. It's almost as if they're behaving like, hhmm I don't know ... consumers?

So with GT Sport not having that much cars and having no parts to buy with credits, and they still complain about the game economy which is sad to see.

This doesn't take away from the sheer time it takes to be able to buy any one of the 20 million credit cars and the sheer boredom you will experience in getting to the point where you can afford to buy one.

It's really telling how you only respond to the users who "agree" with your opinion. Why don't you try responding to someone else so we can have an intelligent debate about the economy of GT Sport instead of just repeating the same "the economy is perfectly fine in every aspect" argument which has been torn apart a multitude of times.

I hope that makes more sense.

Yes, I think so.

For interest, this is the rate each event earns credits (in Cr/Sec), based on one of my play throughs, but not including bonuses I would have received. It's not hard in most of the earlier races to get the clean race bonus and car handicap bonus to increase those amounts my quite a lot. Note: a couple of the figures are estimated because I've never gotten around to completing the events.
The lower chart is the flat payout for the race win... you really get screwed in the endurance tier :D

upload_2020-8-27_13-43-42.png

I'd certainly agree that this demonstrates there's some poorly thought out race/reward combo's... ideally the graphs would match a little closer. Part of me thinks that this is as a result of having to leave it open ended, allowing for events to be added a long the way. If the Nostalgic 1979 races were part of the endurance tier, and the endurance tier paid out similar Cr/Sec as the Pro tier (call it 1,000,000 for a win), things might not look so bad (thought the ability of much cheaper cars to win that event in updates has changed the Nostalgic 1979 significance quite a bit).

A simple bonus for completing each series in one go (championship style, as in earlier games), would really have helped not only earnings (without just handing out more money for race wins or cheapening the cars), but also playability, IMHO. As an offline player, I really hope this is addressed in GT7 even disregarding Cr. benefits.

This doesn't take away from the sheer time it takes to be able to buy any one of the 20 million credit cars and the sheer boredom you will experience in getting to the point where you can afford to buy one.

Again, sorry to keep banging on about this point myself, but, if you are bored by the game by the time you accrue 20,000,000 Cr, then it pretty much doesn't matter - ignoring the credits from Driving School, Arcade mode and Circuit Experiences, you pretty much will achieve 20,000,000 before you even hit the endurance tier in GT League... so that's not even completing ANY of the offline game modes. Now, granted, that's up to 40 hours for an average player (based on my timing, and I'm average), but if at that point, sheer boredom has set in, I don't think having a 20,000,000 car is really going to be a game changer. You can earn the money just by playing the game normally.

Yes, I think so.

For interest, this is the rate each event earns credits (in Cr/Sec), based on one of my play throughs, but not including bonuses I would have received. It's not hard in most of the earlier races to get the clean race bonus and car handicap bonus to increase those amounts my quite a lot. Note: a couple of the figures are estimated because I've never gotten around to completing the events.
The lower chart is the flat payout for the race win... you really get screwed in the endurance tier :D

View attachment 952807

I'd certainly agree that this demonstrates there's some poorly thought out race/reward combo's... ideally the graphs would match a little closer. Part of me thinks that this is as a result of having to leave it open ended, allowing for events to be added a long the way. If the Nostalgic 1979 races were part of the endurance tier, and the endurance tier paid out similar Cr/Sec as the Pro tier (call it 1,000,000 for a win), things might not look so bad (thought the ability of much cheaper cars to win that event in updates has changed the Nostalgic 1979 significance quite a bit).

A simple bonus for completing each series in one go (championship style, as in earlier games), would really have helped not only earnings (without just handing out more money for race wins or cheapening the cars), but also playability, IMHO. As an offline player, I really hope this is addressed in GT7 even disregarding Cr. benefits.

Again, sorry to keep banging on about this point myself, but, if you are bored by the game by the time you accrue 20,000,000 Cr, then it pretty much doesn't matter - ignoring the credits from Driving School, Arcade mode and Circuit Experiences, you pretty much will achieve 20,000,000 before you even hit the endurance tier in GT League... so that's not even completing ANY of the offline game modes. Now, granted, that's up to 40 hours for an average player (based on my timing, and I'm average), but if at that point, sheer boredom has set in, I don't think having a 20,000,000 car is really going to be a game changer. You can earn the money just by playing the game normally.
Remember GT Sport is not a numbered game, so it is way different than the other Gran Turismo numbered games. With GT7 I think we will have a better economy because it is a numbered game, and the car count would be a lot larger than GT Sport and that is why GT7 economy will be good.

GT Sport economy is very good with the car count that we got in the game, so PD has done a dam good job with the credits system and the low car count and not being a numbered game :). In GT7 you will still need to Grind and it does not matter if the credits are very good, and you still need to Grind them races that payout more in credits over & over.

GT7 I think will have cars to buy at the Playstation store like in GT Sport, so if you don't have the time to Grind well it is up to you to buy them cars or not. Remember them unicorn cars you do not need to buy all of them.

In GT7 you will still need to Grind and it does not matter if the credits are very good, and you still need to Grind them races that payout more in credits over & over.

GT7 I think will have cars to buy at the Playstation store like in GT Sport, so if you don't have the time to Grind well it is up to you to buy them cars or not. Remember them unicorn cars you do not need to buy all of them.

You talk like grinding occurs in nature, like weather, and it's something we just have to deal with. It's not. PD can just, you know, choose not to require it.

You talk like grinding occurs in nature, like weather, and it's something we just have to deal with. It's not. PD can just, you know, choose not to require it.
You do have to grind for things in real life. If you want to buy a new car, you have to save up for it which means going to work and earning an income.

You do have to grind for things in real life. If you want to buy a new car, you have to save up for it which means going to work and earning an income.

It doesn't naturally occur though, it's a construction of society. You could hypothetically get rid of it, and you certainly can in a non-real video game.

Saying that GT7 will have grinding and nobody can do anything about it is as absurd as most things he says.

If the game were like GTA San Andreas, where we had to eat for our avatar to stay alive, then, yes. Even then, depending on income, just owning any car is enough. A new car is excess. Look at "old" Cuba. ;)

Anyway, as Samus posted, PD can easily adjust the Cr. earnings, to eliminate grinding for Gran Turismo 7.

It doesn't naturally occur though, it's a construction of society. You could hypothetically get rid of it, and you certainly can in a non-real video game.

Saying that GT7 will have grinding and nobody can do anything about it is as absurd as most things he says.
I don't like Grinding but you have to do it if you want them cars in a Gran Turismo game, and if you don't like Grinding well there are other games out there that may suit you.
In a Gran Turismo game Grinding for credits has been around for many years, and players do know what to aspect in a game.
Gran Turismo 7 will have grinding in the game or he/she can buy them cars at the Playstation store, so if you don't like Grinding well the game is not meant for you.

I'd go for really well paid challenging races at the end of career mode in GT 7.

Like the RedBull X challenge in GT 6, with a PORSCHE challenge championship and the overall gold cup pays 500.000 cr. by itself and each race 150.000 out of 5 races on the base of 4 or 5 laps per race.

On that principle, I'd like many themed and difficult championships at the end of career mode to then be able to buy the most expensive cars in the game, without grinding much, but actually in deserving those cars more obsviously.

I'd also like some DECENT endurance races, during at least 2 hours and rewarding you at least 1.5 millions cr.

Last edited:
I don't like Grinding but you have to do it if you want them cars in a Gran Turismo game, and if you don't like Grinding well there are other games out there that may suit you.
In a Gran Turismo game Grinding for credits has been around for many years, and players do know what to aspect in a game.
Gran Turismo 7 will have grinding in the game or he/she can buy them cars at the Playstation store, so if you don't like Grinding well the game is not meant for you.

Good, you agree, grinding sucks and PD should eliminate it as much as possible. We got there in the end.

With GT7 I think we will have a better economy because it is a numbered game, and the car count would be a lot larger than GT Sport and that is why GT7 economy will be good.
How is car count related to the rate at which you acquire currency and spend it on things? GT5 has a thousand cars and the economy is terrible (and has an XP gatekeeping system for cars to make it even worse) - to the point where PD had to make it better with a login bonus, which still made it slower than GT Sport. GT1 and GT3 both had fewer cars, and didn't have a crap game economy.
I don't like Grinding but you have to do it if you want them cars in a Gran Turismo game
Firstly, this isn't true. In GT1 you could win enough money to buy any one car in the game by driving a single championship once. In GT2 you could win enough money to buy any one car in the game by driving a single championship twice and there was enough variety of racing that it didn't really need to be the same championship both times. Neither of those qualifies as grinding - and it took about 1 to 1.5 hours to buy the most expensive car in the game.

In GT3 and GT4 there was a bit more grinding involved, but there's caveats. For GT3 it only applied to one car (the F094/S or the Polyphony 001, depending on region), which was 75% more expensive than the next highest value car, so to buy any other car you only had to spend 60% of the time. In both games though, the grind only really applied if you wanted to pursue the most efficient way of earning credits - there were plenty of alternatives because of the variety of high value events.

It was only with GT5 that the grind became a thing - and coincidentally that was the first game with the 20m cars, and plenty of them. Even when the servers were on and offering the bonus, you'd need to do the same championship over 30 times, winning more than 150 races and taking about 11 hours to earn enough to buy just one of the 20m cars. With the servers off, that doubles. GT6 was the same deal but quicker to accomplish, while GTS is a step back towards that trough of GT5 days (and when the servers go off for GTS, it'll be impossible to even buy cars...).

Where GTS differs from earlier games, and part of why it's so slow, is there's no championship races - and thus no championship bonus - and you can't sell prize cars. Part of the strategy for the earlier games is finding a championship which pays a good bonus or gives a high value gift car you can sell or both, and you cannot do that in GTS. That means you're strapped into either the most efficient tactic available (META), which takes you 84 races and 10 hours to earn enough to buy one of the 20m cars, or you race some of the alternatives either considerably more often or for considerably more time (50 endurance races will do it, but they take more than two solid days). There are plenty of events to race, and you can pull in 20m from driving everything in the game once (again, taking more than two solid days), but there's not just one 20m car.

You occasionally bring up the absence of vehicle tuning as a reason why you don't need to earn money fast in GT Sport. Vehicle tuning in GT5 and GT6 cost no more than 1.25% of the value of the most expensive cars, but GTS is 70% slower than GT6 to earn the money to buy the most expensive cars. That argument doesn't fly.

Secondly, given that fact detailed above that it is not true, why would you think it needs to be the case? With the notes about GT3/GT4 mentioned above, the full grinding mechanism was pretty much introduced in GT5, 13 years and nine games into the series' life, and it's been there for ten years and three games. It's not a hallmark of the series, and it's not a Gran Turismo tradition. There is simply no need for it to be in a Gran Turismo game, and certainly not to the point where people defend its existence even knowing that it's not enjoyable. Doing the same task 84 times for 10 hours is just not... fun, to say nothing of the fact you need to do that six times to pick up all the seven-figure cars. I'm pretty sure we all know that.

Indeed it's so unenjoyable that people cheat to get round it. Anyone remember using a credit-boosting glitch in GT1 or GT2? Or even GT3 or GT4? No? Fancy that, in the games without a tedious grind, and a reasonable speed of income matched to the credit value of vehicle, people didn't feel the need to cheat...

How is car count related to the rate at which you acquire currency and spend it on cars? GT5 has a thousand cars and the economy is terrible (and has an XP gatekeeping system to make it even worse) - to the point where PD had to make it better with a login bonus, which still made it slower than GT Sport. GT1 and GT3 both had fewer cars, and didn't have a crap game economy.

Firstly, this isn't true. In GT1 you could win enough money to buy any one car in the game by driving a single championship once. In GT2 you could win enough money to buy any one car in the game by driving a single championship twice and there was enough variety of racing that it didn't really need to be the same championship both times. Neither of those qualifies as grinding - and it took about 1 to 1.5 hours to buy the most expensive car in the game.

In GT3 and GT4 there was a bit more grinding involved, but there's caveats. For GT3 it only applied to one car (the F094/S or the Polyphony 001, depending on region), which was 75% more expensive than the next highest value car, so to buy any other car you only had to spend 60% of the time. In both games though, the grind only really applied if you wanted to pursue the most efficient way of earning credits - there were plenty of alternatives because of the variety of high value events.

It was only with GT5 that the grind became a thing - and coincidentally that was the first game with the 20m cars, and plenty of them. Even when the servers were on and offering the bonus, you'd need to do the same championship over 30 times, winning more than 150 races and taking about 11 hours to earn enough to buy just one of the 20m cars. With the servers off, that doubles. GT6 was the same deal but quicker to accomplish, while GTS is a step back towards that trough of GT5 days (and when the servers go off for GTS, it'll be impossible to even buy cars...).

Where GTS differs from earlier games, and part of why it's so slow, is there's no championship races - and thus no championship bonus - and you can't sell prize cars. Part of the strategy for the earlier games is finding a championship which pays a good bonus or gives a high value gift car you can sell or both, and you cannot do that in GTS. That means you're strapped into either the most efficient tactic available (META), which takes you 84 races and 10 hours to earn enough to buy one of the 20m cars, or you race some of the alternatives either considerably more often or for considerably more time (50 endurance races will do it, but they take more than two solid days). There are plenty of events to race, and you can pull in 20m from driving everything in the game once (again, taking more than two solid days), but there's not just one 20m car.

You occasionally bring up the absence of vehicle tuning as a reason why you don't need to earn money fast in GT Sport. Vehicle tuning in GT5 and GT6 cost no more than 1.25% of the value of the most expensive cars, but GTS is 70% slower to earn the money to buy the most expensive cars. That argument doesn't fly.

Secondly, given that fact detailed above that it is not true, why would you think it needs to be the case? With the notes about GT3/GT4 mentioned above, the full grinding mechanism was pretty much introduced in GT5, 13 years and nine games into the series' life, and it's been there for ten years and three games. It's not a hallmark of the series, and it's not a Gran Turismo tradition. There is simply no need for it to be in a Gran Turismo game, and certainly not to the point where people defend its existence even knowing that it's not enjoyable. Doing the same task 84 times for 10 hours is just not... fun, to say nothing of the fact you need to do that six times to pick up all the seven-figure cars. I'm pretty sure we all know that.

Indeed it's so unenjoyable that people cheat to get round it. Anyone remember using a credit-boosting glitch in GT1 or GT2? Or even GT3 or GT4? No? Fancy that, in the games without a tedious grind, and a reasonable speed of income matched to the credit value of vehicle, people didn't feel the need to cheat...

I now 100% agree with you and I've changed my mind on some points.

Does that mean, with a better game economy, should Polyphony Digital keep the very expensive cars ?

I personally think yes.

I now 100% agree with you and I've changed my mind on some points.

Does that mean, with a better game economy, should Polyphony Digital keep the very expensive cars ?

I personally think yes.
Ultimately, to make the game accessible to everyone, all cars and all tracks should be unlocked from the start in certain game modes - including livery editor, photomode/Scapes, arcade mode, and Sport Mode. That way everyone can drive everything, and keen livery editors and photographers can create content for not only the community but the game's own social channels - imagine how many excellent liveries we'd have for 20m cars if people who liked making liveries but aren't totally into the grind had access to them, and how GT could use them and photos of them in any location to promote the game...

... but the GT Mode must still retain both a skill-based and (in-game) cost-based structure to allow for progression and achievement (or the sense of achievement). This means it should still have high value cars that you have to earn enough credits to buy - but the concept that you should spend 10 hours doing the same race 84 times (or 24 hours and 300+ times for GT5) in order to get those credits needs to get in the sea.

Arguably GT1 was too easy. There were six high value cars, and it took six hours to earn enough to buy them all - the actual rate of income was quite low (a fifth of GT Sport's rate), but the cars weren't all that expensive (1/40 of GT Sport's prices). GT3/4 seem to be closer to the right amount of effort for the reward, and the variety of races involved also meant it wasn't simply a case of finding the META and doing nothing but.

Ultimately, to make the game accessible to everyone, all cars and all tracks should be unlocked from the start in certain game modes - including livery editor, photomode/Scapes, arcade mode,
It's up to PD if they want to do that but whatever PD does in the next game, you just have to accept it whether the things are unlock or not or you have to do Grinding in the game.

It's up to PD if they want to do that but whatever PD does in the next game, you just have to accept it whether the things are unlock or not or you have to do Grinding in the game.

So close...now you're back to the strange position of just accepting that a GT game must have grinding. Spoiler: It really doesn't have to, and consumers don't just have to accept everything they're handed. Have you never heard of games changing because of player feedback? So many games popular today would've died already if they hadn't listened to what people wanted and changed for the better. Many games have died because developers didn't listen.

PD themselves did it with GT Sport adding a whole bunch of offline stuff and they're doing it again entirely with GT7, returning to the old formula that people said they wanted.

Get this notion out of your head of "that's how it is now and will be in the future so you just have to deal with it".

How is car count related to the rate at which you acquire currency and spend it on things? GT5 has a thousand cars and the economy is terrible (and has an XP gatekeeping system for cars to make it even worse) - to the point where PD had to make it better with a login bonus, which still made it slower than GT Sport. GT1 and GT3 both had fewer cars, and didn't have a crap game economy.

You occasionally bring up the absence of vehicle tuning as a reason why you don't need to earn money fast in GT Sport. Vehicle tuning in GT5 and GT6 cost no more than 1.25% of the value of the most expensive cars, but GTS is 70% slower than GT6 to earn the money to buy the most expensive cars. That argument doesn't fly.

The fact I was able to obtain one of the most expensive cars in GT4 without grinding the same event for hours says enough about the economy. GT Sport was never designed to be like a main series game with championships and prize cars, so why did PD bother putting in the 20 million dollar cars? I know it's a great feeling when you get them but the process is tedious. Even with the Lewis Hamilton challenge and it's insane reward for getting all Platinum, it still took me a long time to acquire the cars.

This conversation keeps going? Geez.
If it's not clear how the economy system works or if it's confirmed before I get the game that I have to grind like crazy (in other words, like in GTS) then I'll just stick to Forza 8.
Other than the outrageous bugs online in FM7, the rewards and the economy system allowed me to get what I wanted when I wanted. Since I have a life and not many hours to put in a game. And I had a lot of fun using all of those cars online.
Plus the penalty system (beta) in FM7 is already doing a decent job so I won't start getting pi**ed every 2 minutes like in GTS.

I think the question of economy comes down to... "can I acquire the cars needed to play the mainstream game in normal gameplay?"

And its pretty clear than in GT Sport the answer is "no".

If you need a 330p4 to complete the Nostalgia 79 series and you're limited to say $60,000 wins in Sport and maybe $300-$400,000 wins in grinding League events then this really isnt a healthy economy.

End if the day, we play for fun. I dont think anyone really finds fun in grinding.

That's a real basic conundrum that isnt answered.

Prior to the Hamilton time trials what is the recommended way to play the game in PD's eyes that will allow you to buy the more expensive cars in order to "complete the game" (if you think 'completion' = gold trophies in League).

There really isnt an answer is there.

I do get that there's very small percentage of people say the top 5% who are fine with grinding... I do get that, I do grind a bit myself and I have the 330p4 Daytona Miura and 250GT... however you have to ask yourself... do you expect 'normal people' to do the same thing you do to acquire the cars?

I have to say "no". Admit that your habits arent normal, and this isnt normal and it shouldnt be viewed as a normal game system.

To contrast, Forza7 and FH3/4 do have a working economy. Its IMO a real wacky economy based on wheelspins and free weekly cash handouts but its not $20 mil. cars with running KTM Xbows on Blue Moon Bay 50 times a week...

GT7 should really be about 'racing is for everybody' and not try to restrict content to that top 5% of the audience.

That may be true, unfortunately there are other cars that you would need to buy in order to complete GT League, because the daily workout isn't going to give you all the cars you need. Unfortunately there are several 20 mill credit cars, not just one, which would mean replaying GT League again several times. That is where the problem is, the events are not varied enough (there are tracks that hardly get used in GT League), and the A.I are not competitive enough to make it entertaining or challenging to complete GT League several times over. I'm sure even for someone who considers themselves "average" (which means you're probably quite good), most GT League races turn into you leaving the pack behind and driving off into the sunset unless you use a ridiculously underpowered car.

Although that's getting away from the main issue which is the payout structure. Personally, I think that GT League should get a complete overhaul for GT7, both in payout structure and event structure because GT Sport's was pretty underwhelming.

Personally, I think that GT League should get a complete overhaul for GT7, both in payout structure and event structure because GT Sport's was pretty underwhelming.
Remember this, GT Sport is not a Numbered game so things in that game are going to be a lot different, compare to a GT7 numbered game ok.

Whatever PD dishes out about the credit payouts you just have to accept on what we get, and it does not matter if the economy system suits you or not. You can not please every person that plays a racing game with a credit economy, you just can't.

You still need to Grind for credits over & over in GT7 if you like it or not, for the events that got the good payouts in the game, and you can also buy cars at the PS store. So whatever happens in GT7 just enjoy the game.

I have to agree with the OP. I guess if you have plenty of time on your hands sure.. you may not mind the grind to get to that 10, 15 or 20 Million Cr. But for casual players (such as myself) it can be quite frustrating, I usually end up not worrying about them as I know I'll never have the time or patients to achieve such a goal.

And besides, in past GTs I've always had more fun tinkering with cheaper cars. I get more use and a bigger smile from a modified turbo Japanese car than an over priced vintage racer.

If you need a 330p4 to complete the Nostalgia 79 series

You don't need the 330 to compete, the Mercedes and the Corvette Concept are eligible.

to buy the more expensive cars in order to "complete the game" (if you think 'completion' = gold trophies in League).

Notably, GT League is the one game mode that doesn't have achievements or completion stats linked to it, so sure, a player may want to get the trophy for the races. But they're not penalised if they don't... 65,896 miles in the game and I stuck with this stats unless I "grind" online until the servers shut down.

upload_2020-8-31_13-10-15.png

That may be true, unfortunately there are other cars that you would need to buy in order to complete GT League, because the daily workout isn't going to give you all the cars you need.
No but it's going to give you a lot, and you don't need a 20,000,000 Cr. car to complete GT league.

Unfortunately there are several 20 mill credit cars, not just one, which would mean replaying GT League again several times
The statement you made I was replying to involved buying one, not all.

The fact is if you are a completionist in Gran Turismo Sport you are basically boned anyway, without spending additional real money on the game, having some luck, having completed a survey at the right time, and also being really quite good driving as well, you can't get all the cars anyway... and don't even get me started on the PS trophies.

That is where the problem is, the events are not varied enough (there are tracks that hardly get used in GT League), and the A.I are not competitive enough to make it entertaining or challenging to complete GT League several times over

These are not problems with economy. Massive payouts and cheap cars won't improve the AI or change what combinations of cars and tracks are available... although they do give you a race creator so you can basically select any combo you want.

I'm sure even for someone who considers themselves "average" (which means you're probably quite good), most GT League races turn into you leaving the pack behind and driving off into the sunset unless you use a ridiculously underpowered car.

Yeah, the AI is slow. To increase the payout, and to make it more challenging, and to make use of more cars, I do indeed try and race in 'underpowered' cars.... some people choose the META and complain it's too easy... these are not economy problems.

ersonally, I think that GT League should get a complete overhaul for GT7, both in payout structure and event structure because GT Sport's was pretty underwhelming.

The biggest hurdle here is AI. if the AI was competitive grid starts would make more sense. If grid starts made more sense and the AI was competitive, qualifying would then become more relevant, there's then a case for a modest qualifying bonus. If they re-introduced a championship bonus that would also help, as would a fastest lap bonus alongside the existing the CRB and CHB. To me, this is really all they need to do... and I'll take another couple of hundred races too.

I think there hasnt been much complaint about the economy in their competitors.

I feel like there wasnt that much complaint about the economy in GT5/6 either... partly because it was easier to game/exploit/take advantage of the systems there.

Remember this, GT Sport is not a Numbered game so things in that game are going to be a lot different, compare to a GT7 numbered game ok.
Oh so now you reply to me :rolleyes:
GT Sport not being a numbered game doesn't detract from the fact that it has a poorly designed economy

Whatever PD dishes out about the credit payouts you just have to accept on what we get, and it does not matter if the economy system suits you or not. You can not please every person that plays a racing game with a credit economy, you just can't.
As a consumer, I do not have to accept whatever credit payouts PD dishes out. It is well within my interest to demand the best possible quality from a product, to ensure I receive the best possible product for the money that I paid. If I believe that I am not getting that for whatever reason then I will notify the producer that I am unhappy with their product and think it could be improved upon. I don't know why you would just sit there and accept what you're given, especially when you're not happy with what it is that you paid for?

You still need to Grind for credits over & over in GT7 if you like it or not, for the events that got the good payouts in the game, and you can also buy cars at the PS store. So whatever happens in GT7 just enjoy the game.
Ah, you must be an undercover developer for PD then, since there's no way you could know that, unless you were making things up, but you wouldn't do that would you?

No but it's going to give you a lot, and you don't need a 20,000,000 Cr. car to complete GT league.
Never said you did need a 20 mill car to complete GT league, but you do need a Gr1, Gr2, certain VGT, Redbull X2019 etc just to complete the Pro League, all of which detracts from your ability to buy a 20 mill unicorn.

The statement you made I was replying to involved buying one, not all.
Ah, my ability to use the English language to express my thoughts has failed me, damm
Although, wouldn't that make the problem more obvious? We are talking about 40 hours to be able to buy just one of these cars, surely that is indicative of the problem. I guess what I want to say is, it shouldn't take 40 hours.

The fact is if you are a completionist in Gran Turismo Sport you are basically boned anyway, without spending additional real money on the game, having some luck, having completed a survey at the right time, and also being really quite good driving as well, you can't get all the cars anyway... and don't even get me started on the PS trophies.
Even if you aren't a completionist, it shouldn't feel like having more than one 20 mill car is unobtainable. Having the huge time investment is potentially part of the reason why people feel that way.
I also have a bone to pick with the trophies, but that's getting off topic

These are not problems with economy. Massive payouts and cheap cars won't improve the AI or change what combinations of cars and tracks are available... although they do give you a race creator so you can basically select any combo you want.
Speaking of off topic, looks like I already managed to go there :lol:

Yeah, the AI is slow. To increase the payout, and to make it more challenging, and to make use of more cars, I do indeed try and race in 'underpowered' cars.... some people choose the META and complain it's too easy... these are not economy problems.
Agree

The biggest hurdle here is AI. if the AI was competitive grid starts would make more sense. If grid starts made more sense and the AI was competitive, qualifying would then become more relevant, there's then a case for a modest qualifying bonus. If they re-introduced a championship bonus that would also help, as would a fastest lap bonus alongside the existing the CRB and CHB. To me, this is really all they need to do... and I'll take another couple of hundred races too.
These are actually some good ideas for extra pay as well as adding extra features. To add another potential one, if you qualified at the back and finished close to the front whilst having a clean race and using an underpowered car you could get a driver of the day bonus. If everything was done correctly, that should be quite challenging to achieve in most races, but would also have to be balanced against the qualifying bonus.
Adding another couple of hundred races would definitely be welcomed.

Back