Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Two more new Pokemon. An ugly bear (Kiteruguma, Normal/Fighting) and a Pikachu-shaped plastic bag (Mimicyu, Ghost/Fairy).

corocoro8161.jpg
They made a pokemon for @Ken cool, cause he was never an Ursaring

Ursaring sucks. I never use him. Never.

What's Pokémon again?

Two more new Pokemon. An ugly bear (Kiteruguma, Normal/Fighting) and a Pikachu-shaped plastic bag (Mimicyu, Ghost/Fairy).

corocoro8161.jpg
I like the bear but the tail looks hideously out of place on it. :lol:

I like the bear but the tail looks hideously out of place on it. :lol:

I think it's meant to be a Red Panda since they're running out of actual bears. In which case the tail is the only part they got right. :lol:

Red-Panda-Outside.jpg

MOAR!

Serebii
Some new Pokémon have been revealed: Wimpod which is Bug/Water with the ability Wimp Out which when this Pokémon’s HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon., Bounsweet which is Grass with Leaf Guard & Oblivous, Comfey, Fairy-type with Flower Veil and Triage, which makes restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle., Mudsdale which is Ground with the abilities Own Tempo & Stamina which increases the Pokémon’s Defense goes up by 1 when it’s hit by an attack.. Mimikyu keeps its Japanese name and its ability Disguise which allows it to escape damage from an enemy’s attack just one time, and then its appearance changes. The bear Pokémon is called Bewear. Its ability Fluffy halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves.
You can also host your own competitions on the Pokémon Global Link
A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths (IVs), which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed

Some more interesting new additions, but to be honest I am now 100% about Mudsdale. This is AWESOME.

horse.png

THE PONY HAS BOOTS.

THE.
PONY.
HAS.
BOOTS.

Last edited:
As long as you don't do damage, it'll stay. It looks like something that'll show up early so you can just pokeball spam is still viable.

Abra only knows teleport you either need luck, or a pokemon with sleep powder to catch it, which is very annoying.

You can now increase IVs once they reach Level 100!!!

IN YOUR FACE @LMSCorvetteGT2 I don't have to betray my Pokemon.

It looks like Wimpod will be a 🤬 to catch however.

I remember back in the day when you had to spend weeks hatching stuff to get perfect nature and IVs, now kids have it easy...smh

With your Matsuda technique to get shiny pokemon faster, and your easier EV training and what not.

Honestly, I never use any special methods for shinies. I prefer getting shinies at random. I get a much better feeling finding a shiny out of pure luck than to just force it out.

Honestly, I never use any special methods for shinies. I prefer getting shinies at random. I get a much better feeling finding a shiny out of pure luck than to just force it out.

I'm the same, and I think that's why I don't like them. Because people get so fanatical over a different color scheme that they over the years have found various methods to force a quicker find. I don't really feel it was ever intended to be something so awash, but it is.

I'm the same, and I think that's why I don't like them. Because people get so fanatical over a different color scheme that they over the years have found various methods to force a quicker find. I don't really feel it was ever intended to be something so awash, but it is.
Completely agree with you on that one.

It's not like EVs and IVs too as making those 2 things easier makes the game much more accessible to the less experience (even online and meta) but shinies are just different colours, they add nothing to the original so making them easier just ruins their value.

Then you have the story shinies, I was fine with the Red Gyarados in Gen II because it was mainly to give alert that these kind of Pokemon exist now but everything after that just kills the value of the Shiny Pokemon dead in its track.

That creepy bear thing doesn't even look like a Pokemon. Its creeping me out. I like the Pikachu thing. But seriously half of these things are ruined for me because of their eyes. They all look either really sad, or have no pupils. I DOOOOON'T LIKE IT!

This coming from the guy who liked most of gen 5s Pokemon.

Actually I kind of want to play gen 5 now.

That creepy bear thing doesn't even look like a Pokemon. Its creeping me out. I like the Pikachu thing. But seriously half of these things are ruined for me because of their eyes. They all look either really sad, or have no pupils. I DOOOOON'T LIKE IT!

This coming from the guy who liked most of gen 5s Pokemon.
The flower one does have pupils by they way, it's hard to see though.

This gen is at the moment my 3rd favourite in terms of Pokemon designs, behind Gen 2 and Gen 5.

The flower one does have pupils by they way, it's hard to see though.

This gen is at the moment my 3rd favourite in terms of Pokemon designs, behind Gen 2 and Gen 5.
Hmm... So far (obviously we haven't seen many of the gen 7 pokemon yet but you know) my list goes Gen 5, 2, 6, 3, 1, 7, 4. I actually didn't realise how many gen 4 Pokemon I hate until just then.

Also, I don't know if you remember this, but not to long ago I told you that gen 5 was my least favourite gen. It might actually be my favourite now. You must have hypnotised me.

Hmm... So far (obviously we haven't seen many of the gen 7 pokemon yet but you know) my list goes Gen 5, 2, 6, 3, 1, 7, 4. I actually didn't realise how many gen 4 Pokemon I hate until just then.

Also, I don't know if you remember this, but not to long ago I told you that gen 5 was my least favourite gen. It might actually be my favourite now. You must have hypnotised me.

My list in terms of designs goes:

Gen 5
Gen 2
Gen 7 (so far)
Gen 4 & 6
Gen 1
Gen 3

I actually don't hate any of the gens, I just like 5 more than the others and 3 the least.

My list in terms of designs goes:

Gen 5
Gen 2
Gen 7 (so far)
Gen 4 & 6
Gen 1
Gen 3

I actually don't hate any of the gens, I just like 5 more than the others and 3 the least.

:lol:

But yeah, I don't technically hate Gen 4, but I just dislike quite a few of its Pokemon.

Guys, this might be a little bit off Topic (considering the current discussion), but I need some advise from y'all.

I started playing Pokémon Go like everyone else but got bored quickly because, frankly, the combat is shyte and the game as a whole has less depth than your average Facebook game - but it still rekindled my Pokémon feever. As such, I'd rather sit in the park and play a proper Pokémon game.

Question is: To buy a 3DS(XL) for Pokémon (and maybe get Zelda for my Lady, as she enjoys that franchise) or not? Which, essentially, boils down to: How good is OR/AS? Sun and Moon being released in November is a plus, of course, but... I need someone to convince to take the plunge, basically :lol:

Is there a considerable online community? I'll be honest, I haven't properly played a Pokémon game since the Gold/Silver/Crystal era, so that might be a big plus.

Any input is appreciated 👍

Guys, this might be a little bit off Topic (considering the current discussion), but I need some advise from y'all.

I started playing Pokémon Go like everyone else but got bored quickly because, frankly, the combat is shyte and the game as a whole has less depth than your average Facebook game - but it still rekindled my Pokémon feever. As such, I'd rather sit in the park and play a proper Pokémon game.

Question is: To buy a 3DS(XL) for Pokémon (and maybe get Zelda for my Lady, as she enjoys that franchise) or not? Which, essentially, boils down to: How good is OR/AS? Sun and Moon being released in November is a plus, of course, but... I need someone to convince to take the plunge, basically :lol:

Is there a considerable online community? I'll be honest, I haven't properly played a Pokémon game since the Gold/Silver/Crystal era, so that might be a big plus.

I would say yes, go for it if you can fork out the money. OR/AS was extremely fun in both singleplayer and multiplayer, and yes, there is certainly still a large multiplayer base. Heck, even X/Y have a considerable chunk of people playing. As far as I am concerned, OR/AS is a pretty comprehensive step forwards for the franchise, and I can't think of anything I don't like about it, so if you used to enjoy Pokemon, there should be nothing stopping you from loving it now. :)

I would say yes, go for it if you can fork out the money.
Well, I usually would've blown some cash on traveling, but neither my GF nor my buddies are free to travel with me and I don't feel like going on my own. So I might as well drop a couple bucks on a handheld, a comfy recliner and make the best of it :lol:

Thanks für the input 👍

Regarding the online community, is it, from your experience, hardcore/competitive or is it enjoyable on a casual level as well?

Well, I usually would've blown some cash on traveling, but neither my GF nor my buddies are free to travel with me and I don't feel like going on my own. So I might as well drop a couple bucks on a handheld, a comfy recliner and make the best of it :lol:

Thanks für the input 👍

Regarding the online community, is it, from your experience, hardcore/competitive or is it enjoyable on a casual level as well?
Well, its actually quite inconsistent in that regard to be honest. You can go from the most casual of games to the most try-hard players in two matches. You could always set your message to something like "casual battling" or something if that's what you want. The only thing is that since the game is in the later stages of its life cycle there will be more hardcore players active, naturally, as they are usually the ones who stick around for a while. There are still casuals (me included), but it honestly depends on what you want. :)

That does sound promising, actually... Ranging from casual to hardcore, I mean.

The next installment ariving in about four months is probably not bad in that regard, either. Do we have some sort of GTP Pkmn community, by the way? :D

tumblr_n5hcm3Cd9y1qlvwnco1_500.gif

Absolutely!

OR/AS are very good and it'll be a really neat place to start if you've not played at length since Gold/Silver. A lot has changed. There's a very strong online community and that's not likely to change any time soon. Battles can tend to be a little samey though, because there's around 8 or 9 Pokemon that you're guaranteed to be facing on almost every random battle. But having said that it's never SO one-sided that you'll have no chance. There's still an awful lot of strategy and luck needed. Breeding has got a lot more intricate, in fact most parts of it have. Also what they did with OR/AS was make it compatible with X/Y for trading & battles (new Pokemon/moves excepted of course) so they're likely to be doing that again, making S&M compatible with ORAS which means there'll pretty much be plenty of opportunity to get your ass handed to you right away.

If you don't mind missing Pokemon from Generations 6 and 7 I'd recommend picking up a copy of Black 2/White 2. They're quite possibly the best Pokemon games made to date in terms of content, story and post-game stuff to do. By far and away my favourite of the games, I keep going back to them.

Come back, Toby. Come back.

Back