[POLL] GT6 Drifting: Do you like it, or not?

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 235 comments

GT6 Drifting do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found it drifting more smooth and steady which had more than 400ps with CM tyres than low power car with CH....Anybody can explain it?It shouldn't happen in normal condition.

now that I'm getting better at drifting on a G27, it's serious fun! I haven't tried online yet since for some reason all my skill goes out the window in online races and I spin out or make some really stupid mistake online and wind up losing by at least a minute's time =P
There is a lot less grip online, you may find your setup feels completely different. I'd recommend setting up your own online race/practice and start in something low power such as a silvia and work your way up from there, you'd be surprised how little bhp can become a big problem

I hate drifting. GT5, GT6, GTperiod. Just saying.
don't bother then, just leave it ;)

to stay on topic, drifting GT6 is very strange, to say the least.
can't wait to be home tomorrow, dl that update and see what's up but since it seems there's no fix for the the broken camber, it doesn"t seems to get better soon :S

Last edited:

to stay on topic, drifting GT6 is very strange, to say the least.
can't wait to be home tomorrow, dl that update and see what's up but since it seems there's no fix for the the broken camber, it doesn"t seems to get better soon :S
The patch hasn't really done anything noticeable in terms of feel. The drifting is still great when you're getting it right but it can be really frustrating when it goes wrong

[...]
I beg your pardon. Thread title says: "GT6 Drifting: Do you like it, or not?"

There was no argument. I did not bother. Just my opinion. I leave you with this. Have fun.

Just another angry F1 fanboy :lol:

It's not that but the pure hypocrisy within his post along with the amount of trolling he attempted to create was pure flame bait.

It would be the equivalent of me going into the racing forum and saying 'I don't like racing on any GT platform' see how stupid that sounds? :lol:

I guess other forums have even worse members then the drifting forum, shouldn't take it for granted.

That's down to the fact you aren't dipping the clutch, which is correct ;) If you dip the clutch then pull the handbrake, it locks instantly. ;)
My steering wheel has no clutch. :(

I guess I'm stuck with handbrake lag.

My steering wheel has no clutch. :(

I guess I'm stuck with handbrake lag.

When I had a df wheel, I used to rev the engine before releasing the hand brake, but released the hand brake once the tach reached redline. I never bounced the limiter, just hit the gas a 1/2 sec sooner then released the hand brake.

the actual drifting is fine, its some of the people encountered in the rooms thats the problem
example: i was in a semi full room on suzuka east course where everyone was running full course, then boom, a bunch of douchebags come in and just start running the s turns

I have a terrible internet connection so most of my online experience involves a lot of lag, which leads to others randomly spinning out and raging. But I do drift offline very often; mainly in 500pp Japanese cars of course, but occasionally I try to use something like a 800 hp Supra with a 2JZ.

the actual drifting is fine, its some of the people encountered in the rooms thats the problem
example: i was in a semi full room on suzuka east course where everyone was running full course, then boom, a bunch of douchebags come in and just start running the s turns

What did you expect to happen on the second most whored track for drifting. I hate full track there when playing with randoms, because everyone wants to manji the straight or 360 enter turn one.

Yeah but if the majority of a room is running full track everyone should respect that as long as people arent crashing into each other.
I havent really ran into anyone trying 360 entries or manjiing the front straight to the point that it ruins my runs or causes a bunch of other people to crash but i guess i've been lucky enough to avoid that

Back