[POLL] GT6 Drifting: Do you like it, or not?

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 235 comments

GT6 Drifting do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Practice and tuning makes perfect, that all you need.

If you guys really want a car to drift in that feels like GT5, I suggest any RR layout car.

Clutch is the same crap. Unless they modified it with the Mario Andretti update which I doubt they did.

No clue why but I find it oddly better on certain premium cars in comparison to standard ones.

But it's still not good enough for me to use it all the time.

clutch has been changed? still seems like the horrible crap that we had in GT5
It engages differently than before and at different points. No longer having to push the pedal to the floor to shift anymore feels good.

Still miss shifts when it shouldn't though.
Well since there isn't a drive-train damage model I actually like the way PD modeled the clutch.

I just know that if people would re-frame from putting stage three clutches in every car they wouldn't have such a big issue. Not every car needs that part installed. Same goes for tge racing exhaust. If you want the most expensive parts on everything, go right ahead but be aware of the consequences of doing so without proper testing of what part your car actually needs to preform better.

Mis-shifts seem like a timing issue to me. I noticed I start moving the shifter before pressing the clutch in. Once I started telling myself clutch in shift now, it got better. I'm too used to the hydro clutch in my real car which sort of allows the error I guess.

It seems as though drifting in real life is easier than GT6 lol,right now I'm struggling even getting a few comers down right,and this wheel lock/death lock is crazy i've never experienced this drifting irl before,but I'm sure with more and more practice we will all learn to be as good as we once were in GT5.....hopefully.

Word is going around the GT6 community that there is a glitch with upgrades in rims.
I'll have to check into this.
I never tested stock rims on the 240 because I started the game and instantly changed to 17s.
So, ill set it back to stock to see if there any changes for the better.

Well since there isn't a drive-train damage model I actually like the way PD modeled the clutch.

I just know that if people would re-frame from putting stage three clutches in every car they wouldn't have such a big issue. Not every car needs that part installed. Same goes for tge racing exhaust. If you want the most expensive parts on everything, go right ahead but be aware of the consequences of doing so without proper testing of what part your car actually needs to preform better.
*refrain. But these issues all affect wheel users especially G27 users. I think a patch for these issues is needed. Let's not even get started on the dogbox.

So. I unplugged my g27 in pure frustration and built a quick Zenki 14 for DS3 use.

Gt6 is a million times better than gt5 when it comes to DS3 drifting! Now you can actually change lines and adjust your angle in an almost realistic way. I don't know, it just felt good. I'll jump back on the G27 when I get bored.

Word is going around the GT6 community that there is a glitch with upgrades in rims.
I'll have to check into this.
I never tested stock rims on the 240 because I started the game and instantly changed to 17s.
So, ill set it back to stock to see if there any changes for the better.

From what I have heard it only seems to be cars with staggered sets of rims if you have wider tires on the rear when purchase rims it will give you the same size as the front tires all 4 so no more staggered sets. In some cases I've read that that these cars loose some traction the only cars that we may be affected by this may be race bases, touring cars and tuned cars as I assume they may have wider tires. So yes if you have any of these cars for it might be wise to leave the rims it comes with on all other stock cars should be right to change though.

You forget that I am also a G27 user?

And yes... let's not get started on that. I am also building a gaming PC and about to move away from console gaming haha

You wont regret it LOL

It seems as though drifting in real life is easier than GT6 lol,right now I'm struggling even getting a few comers down right,and this wheel lock/death lock is crazy i've never experienced this drifting irl before,but I'm sure with more and more practice we will all learn to be as good as we once were in GT5.....hopefully.

I totally feel the same way.. I drift in real life too and it's TOTALLY different than in gt6.. :(
If i practise a lot, I know that in the end I'll manage but what's the point?

GT6 teaches us true throttle control (Not even necessarily realistic ). The art of drifting is more delicate now then ever.... and I'm not quite sure im taking a liking to that...

@DrifTa-AJV

No I will not. I am getting into Assetto Corsa.

AC is looking very promising im waiting for them to obtain more licenses for cars im jdm at heart and without ricers It just isnt my thing just yet I miss my rfactor im just to lazy to move my wheel to the pc im building a sim rig at the moment and once its finished I might give it a go.

I'm moving to PC aswell. rFactor life here I come!
No point on getting used on GT6 for me, I just want a REALISTIC drifting experience you know. Adjusting lock, tyre pressure...

I'm moving to PC aswell. rFactor life here I come!
No point on getting used on GT6 for me, I just want a REALISTIC drifting experience you know. Adjusting lock, tyre pressure...

rFactor sorta feels like GT5 to be honest, it's a bit sterile and if you use mods it's really easy :(

rFactor sorta feels like GT5 to be honest, it's a bit sterile and if you use mods it's really easy :(

But you miss the main point its fun . Touges Japanese drift circuits it caters to drifters.
Have you even tried shamoru pass that touges is crazy hard

But you miss the main point its fun . Touges Japanese drift circuits it caters to drifters.
Have you even tried shamoru pass that touges is crazy hard

Yeah I have, after awhile you get used to it but the problem is finding other people to drift with through the online segment of the game.

I go into a room and drive a Boss 302 onto the track. The host says something like, "I'm going to kick this PSU guy, he obviously doesn't know how to drift. He's in a Mustang." The host is driving Andretti's Hudson. As he overshoots the first corner and I smoke him out, he admits, "Whoa I guess you can drift a Mustang."

His fifteen-year-old friend decides that I want to tandem with him (I don't), then complains that I'm not drifting fast enough. I suggest that this is because my comfort hard tires are less sticky than the sports tires he has on. He explains how I am wrong, and continues to ram me.

During this, he is giving the host drifting tips because it is his first time, even though he's an expert. His tips include bits of advice like, "comfort medium on front, sports soft on back", and "lower your car's power." This is in response to the hosts complaints that his car won't slide.

I go into a room and drive a Boss 302 onto the track. The host says something like, "I'm going to kick this PSU guy, he obviously doesn't know how to drift. He's in a Mustang." The host is driving Andretti's Hudson. As he overshoots the first corner and I smoke him out, he admits, "Whoa I guess you can drift a Mustang."

His fifteen-year-old friend decides that I want to tandem with him (I don't), then complains that I'm not drifting fast enough. I suggest that this is because my comfort hard tires are less sticky than the sports tires he has on. He explains how I am wrong, and continues to ram me.

During this, he is giving the host drifting tips because it is his first time, even though he's an expert. His tips include bits of advice like, "comfort medium on front, sports soft on back", and "lower your car's power." This is in response to the hosts complaints that his car won't slide.

What is this... I don't even...:crazy:

My view on Assetto Corsa vs GT5/6 is this....

I see MANY people who are SERIOUSLY good on AC.
I see not so many people who are SERIOUSLY good in GT6 yet.

Why are these people who are so good in AC not out drifting real cars if it is so accurate?
Has there been a generally proven correlation between talent in GT5/6 and talent in real life?

I agree AC is an amazing sim, but it is still too easy compared to real life. Real life is just as difficult as GT6, if not more-so.

The more I play GT6, the more I recognize my mistakes as resulting in the same vehicle behaviour as in real life. I like AC for racing, but for drifting, GT6 will make you a better driver in the long run.

Back