POLL: What Are Your Favourite Game Modes & Features In GT Sport?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 34 comments

MULTIPLE CHOICE: What are your favourite game modes & features in GT Sport?

• Total voters
Driving school, missions and circuit experience are by far y favorites. Followed by Custom Race, photos and replays. Overall I get a lot of enjoyment out of those sections. The GT League is nice but it could need some more attention to make it a great experience overall.

Create race. The only solo experience with actual racing.

Arcade race. Chase the rabbit works here.

VR time attack. Never gets old. The tracks that look flat in 2D suddenly don't. Open top cars are best.

Missions and Circuit Experience. PD come up with something in each game that is just a bit different from the usual. The mission segment that takes you through a whole racing lap of the 24 hour layout of the nurburgring is superb.

Sport Mode/Lobby racing. They aren't perfect but they're both pretty good, you can't beat racing against real people.

Driving school/Circuit Experience is great for learning the basics and tracks.

Mission Challenges are good fun for just messing around, I wish they added more.

Livery editor was a great addition, the one in GTS is better than Forza's imho.

Tuning is enjoyable but it's non existent in Sport Mode which is lame af.

The menu music is really good, very chilled out. I turned off in-game music on day 1 though, so I haven't heard any of that stuff.

Custom races and livery editor.

I have zero interest in online racing. Did 2 races in Sport mode and I ain't coming back to it.

I also like browsing new decals and trending liveries.

It seems like the Livery Editor, at present, is the most popular feature in GT Sport...

Sport / Lobby because of how good the netcode is.
It could be little better as there's always this annoying twitchiness caused by tiny lagg, especially in small slides. If you watch race replay from opponent's pov, you'll see your car moving very smoothly like it should...
--
Making liveries while listening Spotify is absolutely the greatest joy GTS can offer... Finishing couple albums without realizing, relaxing fun.

Last edited:
Custom Race mode, livery editor, Scapes, watching Dynamic Scapes, Museum, and listening to the music are my favorite features.

Custom Race mode. It's what I have been wishing to appear since the game was revealed. Very reminiscent of GTPSP's race mode except with additional things added like fuel consumption, tire wear, the ability to choose whether it's a timed race or a lap race, and the AI being decent compared to GT League's AI are enough to say its my favorite feature.

Livery editor. This feature I'll have to say its the best livery editor I've ever used in any racing game that I have played with a livery editor. Add in the decal uploader which makes it better for me to make liveries. Last time I experienced a livery editor that I enjoyed so much would be Midnight Club Los Angeles' livery editor.

Scapes. This I love it because it allowed me to take better pictures and such without having to do post game editing. Like what some peeps said, it's the Lightroom equivalent if not better for some.

Watching Dynamic Scapes. I can just treat the game as a screensaver for like 20 minutes or more and I can just relax.

Museum. Just like GT5 it made me learn some stuff.

And listening to music. Ever since I discovered Transmission Mode music, it just made it a lot better. Kudos to PD for introducing me to Hotel Costes music.

Honorable mentions go to Sport Mode Daily Race and FIA races because I'm only a part timer in these events. Oh and Brand Central as well because of how much it reminds me of GT4's dealership brand screen but better.

Sport Mode online racing. Everything else is just means to an end, with the end being Sport Mode.

Campaign mode is a way to acquire cars to use in Sport Mode and credits to buy cars for use in Sport Mode.
Livery Editor/Discover section is a way to make/collect liveries for use in Sport Mode.
Watching replays is a way to improve my own driving/race craft and to investigate incidents, all in Sport Mode.

That probably covers 66.6% of the time I spend on GT Sport. 33.3% is time wasted on waiting.

The last .1% is spent reading the trivia cards on the home screen.

Last edited:
Livery Editor, Scapes and Sport Mode are my favourite.
I do use custom races and campaign mode - but I wouldn't say they are my favourite - there are too many weaknesses in these modes.

Sport mode for sure even if it has his flaws. Didn't had such good racing and satisfaction on the console in a long time.

Till last summer my favourite part of the game was the sport mode races (~1500 races) . After that these began to be weekly and with the negative (IMHO) involution of the penalty system I drastically reduce to play in these races ...

IR

It doesn't get any better than Sport Mode. Without it, I would have stopped playing the game long ago. Every other feature I use is directly related to my desire to race online and get better. Even in public lobbies, I'm practicing for Sport Mode. Watching replays to get better at Sport Mode. Time trial, for Sport Mode. Circuit Experience....you guessed it, for Sport Mode. This game means almost nothing to me without it.

I voted GT league for the old school factor, circuit experience for the fun of mastery, and sport mode for the competition.

I missed 10 or so years of Gran Turismo, started again in January. Enjoying it, just trying to get better.

It doesn't get any better than Sport Mode. Without it, I would have stopped playing the game long ago. Every other feature I use is directly related to my desire to race online and get better. Even in public lobbies, I'm practicing for Sport Mode. Watching replays to get better at Sport Mode. Time trial, for Sport Mode. Circuit Experience....you guessed it, for Sport Mode. This game means almost nothing to me without it.

Pretty much the same for me. Even the liveries I make are to have something original on my cars in sport mode.

Tuning has gotta be in there, simply because it lets me remove the 10 40 30 diff that makes me cry.

Up until 6 months ago, 95% of my GTS time was spent 'just driving' the cars I like with the other 5% earning the credits to buy them.

Used to be 100% lobby racing but poor health stopped it.

Latest Posts

Back