• Already own a PS4, but would (just) for this if I hadn't

Votes: 123 19.6%

• Total voters
Ok...
GTS is GT7
Kaz is the god of driving simulators and his words are gold
And your wall of text posts are the Holy Bible
Better now?
Oh no because if you were familiar with things I have written you would know that I still think iRacing is the best racing simulation out there and it still will be after GTS comes out.

And my words are not Holy Bible but if you would like to discuss my beliefs I'm happy to discuss the idea that we are all living inside of a simulation and I've already named my church and religion SimPle but I haven't written a religious text yet.

7HO
Oh no because if you were familiar with things I have written you would know that I still think iRacing is the best racing simulation out there and it still will be after GTS comes out.

And my words are not Holy Bible but if you would like to discuss my beliefs I'm happy to discuss the idea that we are all living inside of a simulation and I've already named my church and religion SimPle but I haven't written a religious text yet.

We will just see buddy. Now it's so early for any providence.

You know what, I've finally made up my mind.

I will not buy a PS4 to play GTS - and I won't buy a PS4 yet at all.

My PS3 is nearly 7 years old, and its basically only used for GT6, which I only occasionally play these days now. My PS4 would again be used quite rarely I think, a lot initially for GTS - if it was a game I wanted to play, but all the rumours to date suggest otherwise.

I don't play GT6 online, I did play GT5 online briefly, but trolls ruined the experience for me. One thing that would enhance online playing dramatically, would be the option for all cars to be ghost to prevent contact, that would be a game changer for me online.

I also don't think the series, with this title, is going in the direction I want it to, so I don't want to support it. I want a rejuvenated offline game, with all of the top cars in the world, more tracks, more customisation, and more interesting ways to play (scenarios, mostly), most importantly with improved AI, and this title doesn't seem to do any of that, afaict.

I'm still undecided, but if I do it'll have to be with the inevitable GTSport/PS4 Bundle. I also won't be playing GTSport unless I have a wheel; I may even invest in a play seat (and/or the PSVR if it live up to expectations).

That's already a huge investment.

To add to that, the moment I have a PS4 in my hands, I'll want to explore other gaming options, because I'm not going to simply buy a PS4 for one game. As it stands, GT Sport is the only game that can convince me to get a PS4, it just needs to wow me enough.

With that said, I also want to start building my gaming PC, which will also be costly. But I will have to postpone that project if I decide to get GT Sport.

So you can say it holds the power to everything I decide to do within the next few months. If I want GT Sport, I'll get a PS4 plus a PS4 supported wheel. If I don't want GT Sport near release (because I might still get it in the future), then I'll just start my PC and play Assetto Corsa and others.

I'm still undecided, but if I do it'll have to be with the inevitable GTSport/PS4 Bundle. I also won't be playing GTSport unless I have a wheel; I may even invest in a play seat (and/or the PSVR if it live up to expectations).

That's already a huge investment.

To add to that, the moment I have a PS4 in my hands, I'll want to explore other gaming options, because I'm not going to simply buy a PS4 for one game. As it stands, GT Sport is the only game that can convince me to get a PS4, it just needs to wow me enough.

With that said, I also want to start building my gaming PC, which will also be costly. But I will have to postpone that project if I decide to get GT Sport.

So you can say it holds the power to everything I decide to do within the next few months. If I want GT Sport, I'll get a PS4 plus a PS4 supported wheel. If I don't want GT Sport near release (because I might still get it in the future), then I'll just start my PC and play Assetto Corsa and others.
I did the same considerations when i knew my G27 was not supported by PS4...
I decided to go the PC route upgrading mine (now a i7 with 12GB RAM and a GeForce 960) cause i would have access to AC, PCars and a lot of older games (i bought G:AS, NFSS2U and Simbin collection from steam too)...
Now the only game that could push me to buy a PS4 is GTS and i should get a new wheel too (or try the GIMX way)...
I think i will stay on My PC for now and see what happens with GTS...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not buy GT sport at all. I would much rather enjoy GT5 and Gt6. just my
opinion. plus i can't afford a ps4 right now.from what i've heard and read about Gt sport,it does not sound appealing at all.

The more I read about GTS the less interested in buying a copy I become. As I said on another thread it appears to be half a game and the half I like is missing.

I was set on buying a PS4 during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales - or if they still aren't cheap enough when the 4.5 Neo gets released presumably the price of a standard PS4 will come down. At the moment the Forza and Forza Horizon car lists look attractive and Asetto Corsa has the Fangio Maserati 250F straight six and V12 F1 cars from the 1950's plus a load of historic Porsche models coming. GTS has 137 cars including lots of Vision GT cars in which I have no interest. It is tempting to switch to X Box when the time to upgrade my console finally comes. Going the PC route is not an option because I am not very computer literate. Unfortunately I would have to change my wheel to use an X Box, but from what I have heard so far, to quote @firewire6587 GTS does not sound appealing at all.

No, PS4s can cost up to $500, and then I have to pay the extra $50 to enjoy the game, if the opponent AI keeps its infamous behavior of driving in a line at a speed limit the game will be a nightmare, it's supposed to be a "driving simulator", its more like "pass the cars in time". GT4 had better AI then GT5 and 6, that's why I enjoyed it, 'til the PS2 wouldn't read the disk. What happened to the GTs in the PS3 era? It's probably going to be the same as it was in GT5 and GT6 in GTS.

I am very disappointed with PD,i thought that they would make GT sport a much better title especially considering its debut on the PS4. i really like the gran turismo series,but i am honestly not excited at all with GT sport.

I do not want to buy it unless I am able to use my Logitech Driving Force GT

Last edited:
If Neo is not out by the time GTS/7 releases I will be at a crossroads.
Do I buy a PS4 and GTS/7? Or do I wait for Neo release???

I do not want to buy it unless it is not able to use my Logitech Driving Force GT

I think you mean "I don't want to buy it unless I am able to use my Logitech DFGT" - you had a double negative in your sentence.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel - the GTPlanet News section is carrying a story that GTS may be compatible with older wheels - if that turns out to be true you would be able to use your DFGT.

I hope this is the case because there are many people with DFGT and G25/27, but I feel sorry for any people who in the absence of any timely news from Polyphony Digital have already upgraded their wheel. If the news is true they might not need to have incurred that expense. Some of my friends have already bought a G29 or T150, but haven't got a PS4 yet.

Well I just ordered a brand new PS4 yesterday via Amazon USA to be shipped to a family member over there, arriving tomorrow Monday 8 August, who will bring it for me when she visits later this month on the 19th. One thing to scratch off the wish list.
Now only to wait on the release of GTsport in November and I'm good to go. Can't wait.

I think you mean "I don't want to buy it unless I am able to use my Logitech DFGT" - you had a double negative in your sentence.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel - the GTPlanet News section is carrying a story that GTS may be compatible with older wheels - if that turns out to be true you would be able to use your DFGT.

I hope this is the case because there are many people with DFGT and G25/27, but I feel sorry for any people who in the absence of any timely news from Polyphony Digital have already upgraded their wheel. If the news is true they might not need to have incurred that expense. Some of my friends have already bought a G29 or T150, but haven't got a PS4 yet.

Sorry for my terrible English. These are good news for me I hope it will be possible.

Sorry for my terrible English. These are good news for me I hope it will be possible.
Already bought the PS4 about 10 months ago for under $300 USD. Still in the box. Have to decide what wheel to get and then hook the 50 inch Samsung up to it when I replace it with a 4K. Probably when GTS is released. Have to admit the GT series is much less fun to play over the years but I also don't play it when I'm stoned anymore either. Perhaps not a coincidence.

I was planning on buy a ps4 for GTS, but I still don't know what do yet because I could buy a used PS4 and start playing AC when it comes out in a couple of weeks. But I might end up selling it quick in order to buy the PS4.5 that might come out in nov.(?) Coincidentally, November is the same time as the PSVR release, which I'm already committed to getting and GTS is my main reason for wanting the PSVR.

My question is will the PSVR run even better on the ps4.5 or will the external processor that comes in the PSVR make up the diff in computing power between the old ps4 and the ps4.5?

If it does, then I'll prob go used ps4 and get it right away because the more vids I see about AC the more I want it! Are there any preorder bonus for Ac like there is for GTS?

Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to know!

Looks like I'll be preordering AC but waiting till the ps4.5 comes out to play it. The possibility of losing $50 or so trying to flip a used ps4 once the ps4.5 comes out, just so I can play AC isn't all that appealing.

@Sick Cylinder have you noticed the new Xbox S is out and it's cheaper than the ps4!? $399 for Xbox vs $429 for ps4 in cad$ @ bestbuy.

If you've given up on GTS you might as well jump ship, well, once were done the Historic BSCC and Boss 302 championships of course!

Edit: I just had a thought, if I waited till November to buy AC I could get a used copy and then just buy the dlc in order to get the cars I would have gotten by preordering. Would this be cheaper do you think?

Ok back on topic, to answer the poll's question, NO I won't be buying a ps4 for GTS. I'll be buying a NEO for GTS! :cheers:

Last edited:
Well that's cool, but that deal doesn't apply to Canadian's... And you won't find a ps4 brand new cheaper than $429 in Canada...

I betcha that deal is Only good the the USA, and I'm gonna throw out a conspiracy type theory here; im guessing the rest of the world pays a higher price in order to offset the inherent discount the Americans get.

...Or maybe it's just the currency exchange rate :nervous::confused:

:dopey:

Actually to further my point about the world paying more $ than USA, here's a case in point;

Well it's not letting me add a quote to my post, but if you read davidt33's post about buying a ps4 in the usa and having a friend personally bring it to him, and you read "between the lines" as to why he's doing it that way, you should be able to figure out that Americans do pay less for the same items...

Last edited:
If my current PS4 blows up between now and GT Sport I will buy another one for GTS. (but will almost certainly get the Neo version if available). :)

No. I also won't be getting the game. All my funds are going to a real Mini. 500 Cr., I mean $500, can get me one or two upgrades. :D

If Neo is not out by the time GTS/7 releases I will be at a crossroads.
Do I buy a PS4 and GTS/7? Or do I wait for Neo release???

PS4 Neo is the way to go now as all PS4 games will be compatible and all games from October according to leaked rumors will have Neo mode. Which probably means no fps drop and pretty much most if not all games at 60 or 90fps. My guess is 400$ or a bundle at 450$. PS4 or PS4 slim will definitely get a price drop to 300$ or less.

Back