Votes: 238 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 176 28.1%
  • Already own a PS4, but wouldn't for (just) this

Votes: 89 14.2%
  • Already own a PS4, but would (just) for this if I hadn't

Votes: 123 19.6%

• Total voters
Nope.. Unless they improve the quality of the sound. How come a smaller developer like kunos can produce an outstanding sound simulation but PD still struggle until now? Shame really :banghead:

Already having a PS4, but if I did not, but based on everything we know about GTS thus far, no way would I buy a PS4 just for this game.

I did get my PS3 for GT5, and I got my PS4 for GTAV

Still no.

It's double the size of Apex, but Apex is free. I think I'll be fine. The photomode stuff is cool but I'm not a photomode guy so it doesn't encourage me to buy the game. I hope they reveal more actual racing improvements that might actually make it worth my time.

At the moment my plan still remains to pick up a PS4 at the very end of it's lifespan as cheaply as possible and play the games that were worthy of the generation. At the moment, UC4 and DC. I'm sure I'll be able to pick up GTS for a few dollars at the time simply to say that I played it, although if there's another GT released later then maybe I don't bother. Especially if a majority of the content is linked to online and Polyphony does the Polyphony thing of dropping online support early to force consumers to shift.

Ever since I discovered Gran Turismo with GT4, I bought a PS3 for GT5, later I bought GT6 on release day, and you can bet your 🤬 I will buy a PS4 just for GT Sport and GT7, I might even pre-order.

I already have a ps4, mostly because the ps3 games now days are starting to end.
I would most likely get this however I got the ps4, more because it's time to get to the current gen.

Normally my answer would have been "hell yes!" but this unvealing has been 1 major disappointment for me so I'm just going to stick to my XBox One with FH2/FM6/PCars/DirtRally. And I think this GTS disappointment also means that i will just buy Assetto Corsa in August for the XBox One instead of the PS4.

No, I will not be purchasing a PS4 so I won't be playing GT Sport. My DFGT wheel isn't compatible, so that would be an additional expense, plus the cost of PS Online. $50/year is still $50 just to play one game. No thanks...

(All prices approx.)
$350 for the PS4
$70 for Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition
$360 for Logitech G29 w/Shifter (Just to keep costs low - comparable to my DFGT now)
$50 Playstation Online

$830 total to be able to play GT Sport. I've already fallen in love with Assetto Corsa. In fact, I have not loaded GT6 or even turned my PS3 on since the day I installed Assetto Corsa. Maybe...Just maybe I would have considered it if I didn't have to buy a new wheel & pedals. When I'm forced to replace my wheel and or pedals I plan on getting a higher quality set. Something like Fanatec ClubSport v3 pedals ($299). I'm not sure which wheel yet.

GT6 got me into the world of sim racing and I will always have very fond memories of the game and the people I met playing GT6, but all good things must come to an end.

No. I don't really have that much money to spend/waste, depending on how you look at it. I might get it a few months after launch but that's only if it's a good game and things go well. I will get a PS4 eventually, but certainly not just for GT Sport.

Where is the option for those that have one already and buying the PS4 Neo for PS VR AND GTS smoothness?
Which is what I'm doing since the rumors say PS VR will work better on the NEO system

I sold my PS4 2 years ago because there weren't any games I wanted to play on it, but with GT Sport on the way, I'm thinking of buying a PS4 again, mainly for GT Sport. Also, GT Academy is likely to be ran on GTS according to my logic, but I could easily be wrong about that.

GTS for PS4 may be the one reason for me to turn off the Super Nintendo for a while.

Hmm. When I bought my PS4 I honestly thought my PS3 was done as a games machine. After a while I found I was still playing games on the PS3 and the PS4 was collecting dust. It's picked up since then but I still don't use it anywhere near as much as I used the PS3. Anyway, GTS? Not bothered. Assetto Corsa and No Mans Sky are pre-ordered on the PSN. They are what I'm looking forward to.

Especially if a majority of the content is linked to online and Polyphony does the Polyphony thing of dropping online support early to force consumers to shift.

This is the major problem I have with online only games on console. They have very little in the way of replay value or substance in the first place, and as soon as the dev moves on to their next game, they close the servers and the game is essentially dead. Can you imagine how many useless copies of games like GTS and Battlefront will be lying around in second hand shops for sale for 50c each in five or six years time? Some clueless mum will buy a copy for their kid with a second hand PS4, with good intentions, and the kid will be completely lost as to why absolutely nothing in the game works lol.

The reason why I'm a PlayStation player is because of Gran Turismo. My best friend and I have literally raced each for thousands of hours. With that said, Polyphony has to learn to not make us wait so long, as right now, my driving time is being eaten up by some pretty impressive alternatives. I hope it's good...

It's funny you mention that, as the day it comes out I will be purchasing both...but not solely for GT Sport. It's my understanding that DiRT will also be compatible...and that will be ridiculous!

Most of you probably know I strongly dislike the notion of buying a console just for one game If you can't utilize one console for multiple games or want to play multiple games, it's really a waste of money in my view. That said... I would get a PlayStation 4 for GT SPORT. My history with PlayStation is that my first games with each PlayStation is a Gran Turismo. I got GT1 when I bought my PlayStation 1 from a pawn shop, and I would later get GT2. I got Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec after getting a PlayStation 2 for Christmas long ago. I bought a PlayStation 3 with Gran Turismo 5. So if and when I get a PlayStation 4, GT Sport is likely the first game I may get.

Tab me for "yes" here.

@JohnBM01 Gaming on the PS4 is awesome and I'm sure you will find lots of fun things to do on it. In the past I primarily bought Playstations for Gran Turismo and then I lost interest in Gran Turismo because I preferred more realistic sims so I focused on PC gaming and gave crap to my console gaming friends for years. Then recently I finally tried the PS4 and I'm sold, I perfer console gaming and there are some great games on the PS4 and if you saw what was announced by Sony at E3 (or even Microsoft) now is a great time to own a console.

I bought in November to play the BETA "early 2016". :lol: No regrets anyway - it was a 399€ 1TB (newest model) bundle with SW:BF, TloU Remastered and 12 months of PS+.

Now I'm thinking of selling it and then deciding if to get a NEO for GTS if the game is worth it. Would definitely net me more cash but I would be left with nothing to play on for few months.

I dont have a PS4 and i dont think GTS is getting me to buy one...
I have a G27 still working and when the PS4 came out with the problems For older wheels i waited For better times and bought The Crew, Pcars and AC in PC version...

There is only GTS left to give me a reason to buy a PS4 and i should change my wheel Too...
Too much Money to play just a single game...
On PC i already have AC, Pcars, The Crew, G:AS, NFS:S2U and all the Simbin games...
I loved GT since GT3 on PS2 but i think GT6 Will be the last GT i play... Maybe GT7 Will make me change my mind...

Maybe GT7 Will make me change my mind...
GTS is GT7, they just changed the name according to Kaz. Considering the investment I think it is right for you to wait and see, GTS will need to be amazing to convince anyone to spend that kind of money. The wheel isn't a big issue because you could sell the G27 to help fund a PS4 compatible wheel and any of them are an upgrade from a G27 and will still be compatible with your PC games but after you consider the cost of a PS4 the wheel upgrade and a copy of GTS plus a PS+ account that's a considerable amount of money. On the other hand I recently got the boys PS4's and now that I have played them I'm a convert, I actually prefer gaming on a PS4 to PC and I didn't think I would, even the very slight drop in graphics quality doesn't bother me at all, I think it is too small to care about and when I think about the money I have spent on PC gaming over the last few years I think that is money that may have been better spent on PS4 gaming but then I wouldn't have been able to play iRacing. So now iRacing is the only reason I still have a gaming PC. Now that iRacing has raised their prices and GTS is coming out I'm considering giving up iRacing and PC gaming completely.

Back