POLL-Will You Buy GT7 If...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 45 comments

I Will Buy GT7 Only If Cars And Circuits Are...

• I Will Buy GT7 If My Cars And Circuits Are Solely Online

• I Will Only Buy GT7 If My Cars And Circuits Are Part Of My Offline Gamesave

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
U.S.A.
Will you buy GT7 if your garage cars and circuits are stored solely online or would you prefer actually owning your garage cars and circuits in your personal offline game save ?

As we all know GT3 and GT4 had cheat disks and GT5 had and still has the garage editor which made cheating very easy “when the game was online”, but I have no problem with that now since the game is sadly offline. However, I think GT6 did a pretty good job and was able to avoid most of cheating, so I would think that the powers that be with all the new technical advances available they could still make it to have all your cars in the garage and the circuits, and the game saves available offline, and still avoid the online cheating issue...

As we all know GT3 and GT4 had cheat disks and GT5 had and still has the garage editor which made cheating very easy “when the game was online”, but I have no problem with that now since the game is sadly offline. However, I think GT6 did a pretty good job and was able to avoid most of cheating, so I would think that the powers that be with all the new technical advances available they could still make it to have all your cars in the garage and the circuits, and the game saves available offline, and still avoid the online cheating issue...
There was cheating in GT6, but it was not as bad like it was in GT5, but we just have to wait an see what happens in the new racing game from PD.

In the first six or 8 months of GT Sport we could save the save data to a USB for backup save. We could overwrite the online server save using your backup save, if there was an issue or you brought a car worth a lot of credits buy mistake. You could then go to you USB to overwrite the online server save and fix your mistake.

If GT7 is just like GT1,GT2,GT3,GT4,GT5,GT6

I will immediately buy GT7 if it is sum of all previous GT games and includes all cars and all tracks that ever existed and offline saving and game play totally possible....

When I play GT, I play to improve myself, playing primarily against myself....

I like the GTS allow for online races and fights and I am pretty sure GT7 will incorporate that aspect, but I want the offline play to be rich like in previous GT.

GT7 must have both!!!

The offline and the online...

I have over 500 hours driving time in GTS, and probably similar in Livery work. I would be disappointed to loose everything at the end of the games support, but I could not begrudge the value the game has given me, on that basis, I hope GT7 is standalone offline, but I wouldn't base my buying decision on it....

I would buy it EVEN if it was online saved only might be better wording.

I will immediately buy GT7 if it is sum of all previous GT games and includes all cars and all tracks that ever existed and offline saving and game play totally possible....

Hot take: I think some of those cars/tracks were redundant and I’d be fine with PD taking a more streamlined approach to content curation in that regard. For example, I’m fine with just having one GT500-spec SC430, rather than the multiple ones seen in GT5/GT6. It’s only when there’s real substantial mechanical and aesthetic updates that I’m more interesting in more than one variant, like we can see with the Mk.VI Camaro and its track package version in GT Sport. I’m even fine with having both A90 Supras. But I don’t think we need multiple R33 GT-Rs where the only variable is model year, contrasted with substantially different variants like the ones from Nismo, or the homologation road car. Nor do we need multiple Fairlady Z33 models where only the differences are in the domestic market, or a convertible version of it.

As for tracks, I do agree that I’d like quite a few to return - Sonoma, the PS3 version of Rome, and Indy (plus infield) to name some, not to mention historic layouts like the 80s versions of Monza, Fuji, and Brands Hatch. But I think some courses - namely some of the classic original ones - would be terrible for online racing, and would either need some changes to their layout, or replaced by a spiritual successor, which I’d be fine with. For example, I’d consider Tokyo Expressway to be a successor to the Special Stage courses. But on that note, I’d love to see that hidden unused layout of SSRX.

Last edited:
MXH
The main reason I never ended up buying GTS was because of the online save only feature. I'll make it into a tradition if GT7 does the same.
If GT7 does the same thing as GTS with the online server save only, you may be missing out on a game that is going to be really a good to play.

No and it is not a dumbest decision, because it stops someone from Hacking the game.
It does, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong and such, your save will be unobtainable once servers shut down and that's not a good thing in the end, but if it were on a new console and such that shouldn't be an issue at all since no one would of cracked anything yet. They'd usually last a while before they do.

Offline saves are good and all to have since you can back them up in a safe place, if your system corrupts or something, but are still reliable in the end. I just think the "Online Only" stuff really is getting out of hand, your pretty much making it like a service instead of a game. That's my two cents on the matter.

I would deninitely buy GT7 if it has the same kind of career structure from GT1-GT4. Personally i don’t have an issue with online saving. Although if the career structure is more like GT5/6 and has no custom race mode then i might shelf this one very quickly.

It does, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong and such, your save will be unobtainable once servers shut down and that's not a good thing in the end, but if it were on a new console and such that shouldn't be an issue at all since no one would of cracked anything yet. They'd usually last a while before they do.

Offline saves are good and all to have since you can back them up in a safe place, if your system corrupts or something, but are still reliable in the end. I just think the "Online Only" stuff really is getting out of hand, your pretty much making it like a service instead of a game. That's my two cents on the matter.
We just have to wait and see on the new technology.

Hot take: I think some of those cars/tracks were redundant and I’d be fine with PD taking a more streamlined approach to content curation in that regard. For example, I’m fine with just having one GT500-spec SC430, rather than the multiple ones seen in GT5/GT6. It’s only when there’s real substantial mechanical and aesthetic updates that I’m more interesting in more than one variant, like we can see with the Mk.VI Camaro and its track package version in GT Sport. I’m even fine with having both A90 Supras. But I don’t think we need multiple R33 GT-Rs where the only variable is model year, contrasted with substantially different variants like the ones from Nismo, or the homologation road car. Nor do we need multiple Fairlady Z33 models where only the differences are in the domestic market, or a convertible version of it.

We are in agreement...
I dont like duplicate cars as you said ...
If they look absolutely the same and are mechanically the same with only the name plate as the difference, it's pretty dumb, I wouldn't count it as two different cars...
But I do understand why sometimes GT and PD includes them: what is nostalgic to you under one name plate might not be to someone else in another part of the world, so to cater to the different markets, I can see some minute value in having two different versions of the same car...
I wouldn't count them as different but in my eyes, this is not such a bad duplications.... It's when you start having more than three of the same car versions that it become stupid.

Having duplicate is really not the worse offense is what I am trying to say.

Online save is the worst aspect for me, because it immediately kills the ability for you to own the game.
You are at their mercy.
I understand the cheating and the hacking part, which is unfair to everyone, especially for online races and I am ok with PD doing what they can to curb that...
BUT I am not ok with them preventing me to own the game I purchased, and I want to be able to disconnect from the network to be able to play however I damn want.

Personally, I never hack or cheat for three main reasons:
1) I don't know how to
2) I don't have the time for such thing
3) I have no interest whatsoever

I understand that the few bad apples can spoil the experience for some of us.
But with PD trying to stop those few bad apples, PD has essentially spoiled the experience for EVERY SINGLE one of us with this damn online save....

I personally have not encountered hacking due to the way I play, so the online save feature is no benefit to me.

As for tracks, I miss all the city tracks, Paris, London, Rome, NYC, Seattle, Tokyo, Tahiti, Spain Barcelona, etc...

I guess I could always fire up my PS1, PS2, PS3.... An advantage of owning those games....
... I only wish it was in UHD 4K

Last edited:
No and it is not a dumbest decision, because it stops someone from Hacking the game.

Why would I care if someone unlocks the car faster, if it´s for singelplayer, I don´t care and if it´s for multiplayer well then PD did a mistake because it should be easy for everybody to unlock the cars so they can use them online.

If you are talking about people being able to make the cars faster trough cheats like more grip/speed and accleration then that has nothing to do with onlinesavegame and the developer just ****ed up..

If you are talking about people being able to make the cars faster trough cheats like more grip/speed and accleration then that has nothing to do with onlinesavegame and the developer just ****ed up..

Care to elaborate on how they messed it up?

Care to elaborate on how they messed it up?

Well Crytek did this mistake with Crysis2 on PC (rookie mistake) the infos how much damage a weapon does and all that stuff was on the client so a cheater could just change the values on his PC. For example one bullet doesn´t do 20hp damage but 100hp damage so every bullet is a one hit kill.

This stuff has to be serverside so nobody can mess around with it, but my garage in Gran Turismo or Singelplayerprogress and that stuff can stay in the savegame on the Playstation no point in beeing overprotective you are just making problems for your players..

Back