(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
This is bad cause people rely on reviewers who often don't know what the **** they are talking about.
Even a reasonably intelligent person should be able to read reviews and figure out if someone is a real sim racing aficionado or not and whether there concerns are both justified and relevant to the reader.

Even when the press or games bloggers media people get hold of it you can't trust the information, news and details early on. So I tend to wait until official information is fact.

Even then, sometimes you just need to try a demo to know whether you will like the gameplay mechanics, feel, physics and handling. I definately try demos of arcade games before buying first.

I'm not much of a arcade fan. With Driveclub and The Crew I had to try a demo first. I didn't like the gameplay mechanics feel. So I've never played anymore of them or even bought them.

With Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 I took a leap of faith by buying an Xbox One which a lot of people wouldn't normally do because there was no where i could go or no one I knew that had an Xbox One where I could demo the game. I'm glad in many ways. Forza 5 is actually a mixed simulation experience but one I like unlike trying Forza 4 which I didn't like.

Forza Horizon 2 is simcade, and its bordering on arcade. But it has that little bit of sim feeling that makes it playable and enjoyable for a simulation fan like me. I can tell the difference between it and forza 5. Plus the slightly enhanced engine sounds and weather make it more immersive. So in a way I'm glad I bought the Xbox One and the game to try it.

But yeah usually I will try a demo first. I think that's what everyone should do before buying a game without even playing it. Yes I took a big leap of faith in buying Forza 5 and an xbox one without trying it first and trusting what people said of it on GT Planet but that's the only time I've done this. And i can buy other games for my Xbox One and do other things on it which I can't on my PS4 so I'm glad that I have both consoles.

I didn't have a local shop or any friends with a Xbox One so I couldn't demo the game I had to totally rely on some people at GT Planet and trust my own faith in making that buying decision.

After all whats the point if wasted money? I would just use the Xbox One and buy other games on it or use it for my TV and i would of sold the Forza games if i didn't like them.

Last edited:
No, but it isn't just because of GT and PD themselves, it's also the fact the PS4 is so unappealing to me to think about purchasing the Console because of a lack of games I would play.

Though to be honest even if there were games that made want a PS4, GT7 Wouldn't be one of them. GT6 gave me a huge wake up call on what is happening to the franchise and I don't want to be apart of it in the future.

I'll wait for reviews/trailers/video reviews and if it is good then I will purchase it with money.

I remember hearing news and such about GT6 and watching GTPlanet from time to time thinking that GT6 would be a great GT game, much better than GT5 by miles. I was so hyped i got the game BEFORE the release time (it was LEAKED over here), like more than one week or so and i went, made Q/A about GT6 with everyone asking a lot of cool features and such only to end up being disappointed from what they heard.

I shouldn't do this mistake once again, as much as i love GT and it's my favorite Series, i should look at the reviews of Members here before buying it. I'm just sad to see almost all guys over here leaving GT because of it. I hope PDI think and do something about it so everyone start coming back to it. Course Maker isn't enough at all!

No, I don't think I'll buy it. I have a pretty good pc, and for the time being I don't feel the need to get myself a console. I'm kinda disappointed by current gen consoles, and I'd have to buy a PS4 to play GT7 on purpose, hence it should really be a masterpiece for me to do so. Which, sorry to say, is pretty much unlikely to happen.

I would love to Pre-Order it, but I need to see a "Actual" Trailer for it in either May or E3 2015 first, and not those fake ones popping everywhere on Youtube before Pre-Ordering it.

I remember hearing news and such about GT6 and watching GTPlanet from time to time thinking that GT6 would be a great GT game, much better than GT5 by miles. I was so hyped i got the game BEFORE the release time (it was LEAKED over here), like more than one week or so and i went, made Q/A about GT6 with everyone asking a lot of cool features and such only to end up being disappointed from what they heard.

I shouldn't do this mistake once again, as much as i love GT and it's my favorite Series, i should look at the reviews of Members here before buying it. I'm just sad to see almost all guys over here leaving GT because of it. I hope PDI think and do something about it so everyone start coming back to it. Course Maker isn't enough at all!

I don't know if people are leaving, but now I'm just taking a different approach to wait and see, and in fact that's what I've done with all game companies now.

I'll be first to tell you I've praised codemasters with a lot of my posts, but don't let that fool you it's only for 4 games that I've done so I could easily change my mind with about 2-3 bad experiences etc.

Plus I still label it up to a changing of the times I bet if GT3 or GT4 came out within PS3/PS4 era we'd hate it just as much as GT5/GT6 why?

Because compared to even an arcade title the A.I is years behind, and I mentioned in another thread some of the environments/experience feel dated.

Buying it shortly after release. Not risking ordering online.

I would love to Pre-Order it, but I need to see a "Actual" Trailer for it in either May or E3 2015 first, and not those fake ones popping everywhere on Youtube before Pre-Ordering it.

I don't remember ever seeing a real trailer for any GT title. They always release these idealised versions which relate in no way to the actual game - other than featuring cars and locations. A bit like EVE-Online ;p

Because compared to even an arcade title the A.I is years behind, and I mentioned in another thread some of the environments/experience feel dated.

GT is an arcade title! Since GT5 there has been no simulated racing (practice, qualifying, race restrictions, decent competition). The challenge of driving from the back to the front, against crap competition, is the most arcadey thing I have seen in decades.

Sadly GT5 and GT6 have pretty much cured me of GT-itis. I didn't buy GT6 because I expected (and was proved correct) that it would be more of the same style.

My PC is capable of running Grid:Autosport and GTA-V very nicely & I'm hoping PCars will run OK too.

Since I only ever bought consoles for GT and GTA, even if GT7 actually manages to fix its eternally crippled AI and introduce proper racing, proper damage, proper configuration options, remove the arcade style levelling (oh sorry star) system and support my steering wheel. I'll still have no compelling reason to shell out for a PS4. That money will go on updating my PC instead.

I don't remember ever seeing a real trailer for any GT title. They always release these idealised versions which relate in no way to the actual game - other than featuring cars and locations. A bit like EVE-Online ;p

GT is an arcade title! Since GT5 there has been no simulated racing (practice, qualifying, race restrictions, decent competition). The challenge of driving from the back to the front, against crap competition, is the most arcadey thing I have seen in decades.

Sadly GT5 and GT6 have pretty much cured me of GT-itis. I didn't buy GT6 because I expected (and was proved correct) that it would be more of the same style.

My PC is capable of running Grid:Autosport and GTA-V very nicely & I'm hoping PCars will run OK too.

Since I only ever bought consoles for GT and GTA, even if GT7 actually manages to fix its eternally crippled AI and introduce proper racing, proper damage, proper configuration options, remove the arcade style levelling (oh sorry star) system and support my steering wheel. I'll still have no compelling reason to shell out for a PS4. That money will go on updating my PC instead.

See I don't know if I consider GT arcade I agree with the middle term Sim-cade cause many you can't just do what say NFS does in GT game you know.

The last game i bought using a review as reference, i just played it for two days (Midle Earth: Shadow of Mordor). The game isn't bad, but it is really too much alike Assassin's Creed in terms of gameplay, and i'm not a fan of the AC series.

If the game is allready realesed i rather see gameplay videos than reviews(but i do read then). But GT i'll take from day one.

I am A big GT fan, Always have been every since GT1, but I'm going out to buy a PS4 Tomorrow because Project CARS looks great, but ultimately it is for GT7 which should be released early 2016, Then 'I'll trade my PS3 Console, GT5 & GT6 at Gamestop for credit toward GT7 and the Thrusmaster T300RS, The only reason I bought the PS3 is because of GT5 and GT6 and since GT is going Next Gen Playstation I won't use any of it because GT is all I play, I am geeked up about Project CARS and will be taking the 12th off from work, to play all day, and If It is as good as the hype I will be getting my Thrustmaster T300 RS much sooner, but if Not, I will wait for GT7 to buy it then. Shalom All.

Last edited:
Bought my PS4 last Thursday with Drive Club, Drive Club is cool, The PS4 is Cool, but I'm doing the Pee Pee Dance waiting for This Tuesday for Project CARS, will post my thoughts then Shalom Gear Heads.

I won't say I'll definitely buy GT7, but most likely I will. We have been "talking' (Posting) in circles about what we all consider flaws of Gran Turismo for nearly two years. Ever since GT6 released.

Bottom line for ME is what the user prefers. I can agree with and acknowledge the many flaws GT has, but it's not enough to make me want to quit the whole series. I don't feel like I wasted my money, I just feel like PD could have done many things better. I still enjoy the games.

The standards I can get around by the way, it's like having a buffet with steak, Ham, etc... and then random stuff lik bussels sprouts, and whatever you don't have a taste for. You don't have to eat it, just put the food you like on your plate.

Yes I'll buy GT7, probably from Day One. I don't mind the updates, matter of fact I find them rather exciting. Except if they take away a feature I liked. But most of the time, I see things I do like.

Based on the assumption most of us will have a next gen console before the release of the next GT, experiences you've had with previous GT games and with GT6 so far, and on PD's apparent lack of communication, not to mention the release of serious competition soon, will you be purchasing the next GT?

I've previously pre ordered my copies of GT but I can't say I'll be doing the same with the next game. Especially if they plan the same technique they're employing with updates "every month".

Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion GT6 will get better but I have lost some faith in PD regarding the direction the series is heading in.

I've seen a fair share of posts on GTP saying something along the lines of "I'm done with PD, I'll never buy GT again." as well as "GT6 is great and only going to get better."

So, have the majority abandoned GT to it's fate? Or is there still some faith out there? Or are you a bit on the fence like me?

Just forget the GT series, it's a new kid in town ASSETTO CORSA. You just go round and round even offline and you can't finish it whit a big smile on your face :)

I buy this if: Triple screen support and be able to set up their own racing series... I hope.

I think that online games will be above, and requires all the attention :banghead:

Even a reasonably intelligent person should be able to read reviews and figure out if someone is a real sim racing aficionado or not and whether there concerns are both justified and relevant to the reader.
haha definitely! Sometimes when I'm reading a review of a racing game, usually when the review was a negative one, I often find myself thinking. "Has this person ever driven a car before? 'Ill just call this car the Sonic the hedgehog 4000' What? That's a Peugeot HDi FAP... 'Omg this car is so slow... and I'm off the track' What do you mean slow? You're in an LMP1 with racing tires!"

I have a PS4 not doing very much at the moment, so if the price is right I'll pick it up, no doubt. I don't pre-order any more.
Is yours making sure the TV stand won't fly away too? :lol:

3rd option for me!

For the first time i wont buy the game by pre order , i'll wait the reviews !

IR

Back