(POLL) Will You Buy GT7? (Please read Bold in OP)

• Thread starter 86Debris86
  • 302 comments

Will You Buy GT7?

• Total voters
Standards have been confirmed for GT7 so no I wont be buying GT7. In fact I wont even consider another GT game until all the cars are premium.

Not wishing to start a whole discussion on the matter (there's a thread for that) but yeah, standards are going to look horrible on PS4. Some of those cars are from PS2 for crying out loud. Poor choice, Kaz.

I bought the PS3 for GT5, which was a let down. Now they managed to make GT5 look like a fantastic game by making GT6 far worse than it should have been. I hate to say it, but I lost faith in Kaz and GT. They keep making promises they can't make come true. I hope I'm wrong and GT7 is a blast of a game, but for now I'm not going to get my hopes up to be disappointed again.

To this I can truly relate.
I too bought my PS3 just to play GT5P, and in great anticipation of playing GT5.

Since the purchase of a PS4 will be required in playing GT7, a lot more money is involved, than with GT5 or GT6.
When the time comes, buying will depend on how good the reviews of the game are, and what I will have to pay for a PS4.

One thing is for sure, my decision this time around, will be based more on cold hard economics :grumpy:,
than misplaced gleeful and presumptuous anticipation.

If Standards are truly returning to GT7, then no.

I don't even have a PS4, so there's another $400, give or take. I'm not doing it for decade-old models with origins dating back to the PS2. GT3, 4, and 5 will suffice. Standards are in all of those games and I can race them there.

I should do that just to gripe you. ;)

I know that some of you guys have conniptions when some of us dare to like this series above others, whether we have discrete, definitive reasons or just because. The posts are strewn throughout GT Planet. And when we don't love your precious games, whether we have discrete, definitive reasons or just because, we can count on some condescending remarks to follow.

It's kind of unbalanced when criticism is encouraged - except when it's directed at games other than Gran Turismo. Or games can be praised - unless that game is Gran Turismo...

I know that some of you guys have conniptions when some of us dare to like this series above others, whether we have discrete, definitive reasons or just because. The posts are strewn throughout GT Planet. And when we don't love your precious games, whether we have discrete, definitive reasons or just because, we can count on some condescending remarks to follow.

It's kind of unbalanced when criticism is encouraged - except when it's directed at games other than Gran Turismo. Or games can be praised - unless that game is Gran Turismo...
I will challenge you every time you post this, which you've done several times, because I think it's a crock. I'd ask you to provide examples but you won't. The vast, vast majority of responses to your dislike of other games and your undying love for all things Gran Turismo are well reasoned and well written.

Depending on if I already have a PS4 by that time as I will not buy another system for GT specifically like I have in the past. Also I need to see what is happening with the wheel situation, as if I have to buy a new wheel to use one I likely will be passing on the system as a whole sadly.

As long as those 2 things are cleared I will pre-order it. Even with it's many faults I still have more fun with GT6 than any other game in my current selection. Now, even if it's pre-ordered doesn't mean it will get the most game play. That will depend on what my experience is with other games I want to try. Mostly Project Cars, whatever the next Red Dead and if Bethesda releases another Elder Scrolls or Fallout title. Along with whatever else catches my eye.

I've never not had fun with GT so I doubt that will end any time soon. My biggest gripe with it is always the why factor, as in why wasn't this done it's so simple an idea or why don't they hire more or why don't they have a fact checker... When I stop having fun with the titles is the day I stop buying them.

Down boy, down.:lol:

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist that post.:mischievous:

You know I was just messing with you.
It was not meant to be condescending, but I did sort of figure it might rile you up a little.

Hey, be honest, you gotta admit it does have the proper zeal?

BTW, GT4 in my book is the greatest car/racing game ever made.
So I'm not against praise for GT, where it is due.

Standards have been confirmed for GT7 so no I wont be buying GT7. In fact I wont even consider another GT game until all the cars are premium.
Standard cars are still cars... I'd even have fun with them even though they'll be on GT7 on the PS4.

Since the release of gt apex, I have decided I will not be purchasing gt7. It's just another slap in the face too many by PD. Only available for iPhone! C'mon isn't there more android users? This and the fact that it only contains info on cars included at the time of gt6's release kinda makes you think how long the app has been ready for? Which just goes to show polyphony digital's blantent care/respect for its customers. Therefore I have decided I will no longer be supporting PD in return till they realise they are not above their customers!

On the ps4 still undecided, I'll see what is released still yet but hey can get a Xbox One bundled with Forza 5 for $399 where I am atm, if I had the cash I would jump ship immediately!

i've always bought GT games and the console that goes with it.
bought a PS3 for GT5 and after it broke, got a new one for GT6

BUT....after 9 month of wait for fixes and updates, after all the empty promises and all

there's simply no way i buy GT7, no matter what PD will promise, i don't trust them anymore.

i'll wait a long time just to check the game is worth my money

To be honest i don't know if i could switch from gran turismo to something else. I know this is silly but i feel like if i play project cars or forza for example, and then listen to a song from a gt game, i might start crying, considering how many memories i have of this game.

To be honest i don't know if i could switch from gran turismo to something else. I know this is silly but i feel like if i play project cars or forza for example, and then listen to a song from a gt game, i might start crying, considering how many memories i have of this game.

Memories which are now thwarted by corporate greed. I believe every game developer should take Rockstar's approach to GTA 5 PC. Yes it was delayed time over time again but for the right reasons. THEY WANTED TO RELEASE A WELL PLISHED GAME . Unlike the others half 🤬 releases - yes I'm looking at you PD (for this instance)!

So the epic thread bump aye?

Anyways @Piotr Jawniak

Listen just dive into another racing game I guarantee you might not miss GT. I think the only thing you'd miss is say buying the cars with money, and driving say a regular Ford Focus, and a Miata seriously.

That's around about it. I was like you at one point scared to take the dive, and when I did it blew my mind how much I was missing out on.

DiRT 3 is a prime example of that which just got a Complete Edition release on Steam recently.

If I were to do a side by side comparsion of DiRT 3 vs GT you'd be amazed at what a difference the two are especially since D3 came out before GT6.

Memories which are now thwarted by corporate greed. I believe every game developer should take Rockstar's approach to GTA 5 PC. Yes it was delayed time over time again but for the right reasons. THEY WANTED TO RELEASE A WELL PLISHED GAME . Unlike the others half 🤬 releases - yes I'm looking at you PD (for this instance)!
You should be a big fan of Project Cars then. Been delayed 3 times (so far) and we're told it's for all the right reasons. :sly:

I'll wait and see if it's worthwhile. If it's the same grind fest game that forces you to drive horrible little rot boxes for what seems like forever before you can afford to buy decent cars, I probably won't bother, as I've played all the other GTs and am completely over that formula. I just don't have the time for it anymore.

I pre-ordered GT6 mainly for the promised course creator. My ps3 recently bricked itself, so after over a year of playing the game, I never got to do what PD told me I'd be able to shortly after release. I never got to use the feature that I bought the game for. This has kind of left a bad taste, I feel a little robbed tbh.

I won't pre order GT7, that's for sure. I will only buy it second hand, on the cheap, if it looks worthwhile. Thanks to PDs poor efforts with 5 and 6, I just don't feel like I should keep lining their pockets, as I pre-ordered their last two games, which both over-promised and under-delivered, so that's why I'll only buy a second-hand copy, if I even buy it at all.

Despite the flaws of the GT-series, I will probably still pre-order and buy GT7. Mainly due to the fact a lot of the flaws don't bother me so much.

Despite the flaws of the GT-series, I will probably still pre-order and buy GT7. Mainly due to the fact a lot of the flaws don't bother me so much.
Same.

Despite other games (I do have a PC and Assetto Corsa now) I still play GT6 a few times a week, and even host racing leagues. Just something about GT that is still great. Other games may have "Proper physics" but since GT is a console game it will never be perfect, and I'm ok with that.

Despite the flaws of all GT games, I will still preorder for GT7. I know about Standard Cars will stay but I hope all those cars at least become semi-premium with generic interior view (like the Grid Autosport).

After GT5 GT6 fiasco they need to prove themeselves from zero. Competition is stronger than ever.
I dont know why gran turismo 5 and 6 are fiasco better physics better graphics ,more cars then the other gran turismo and all racing games put together, i dont know what people want more than this games wich have pushed the ps3 to the limit. sorry my english

....I somehow avoided saying something here, but well here goes anyway - yes, I'll be getting GT7.
But I got wise - after the GT5 fiasco, boy am I sort-of glad I waited for a substantial price drop for GT6. I'm gonna do the same thing with GT7 - wait a few month, check out reviews here and there (not IGN!!) and follow the forums here on GTP.

Then I'll buy it. Unless there's a catastrophic, apocalyptic event that wipes us all out. Then I won't buy it. :D

I dont know why gran turismo 5 and 6 are fiasco better physics better graphics ,more cars then the other gran turismo and all racing games put together, i dont know what people want more than this games wich have pushed the ps3 to the limit. sorry my english

Because as people know that's not what makes a game especially a racing game you need to get out and game more, and even though I've cut out gaming for the time being, this statement is still asinine.

You can name any other racing game that came out recently or up to 4 years ago, and most likely they'll be better than GT5 or 6 by miles.

Why the "little things" simply put.

Back