Poll: Would you be happy with current standard cars in a PS4 Gran Turismo game?

• Thread starter Samus
  • 525 comments

Will you be happy with standard cars in a Playstation 4 Gran Turismo?

• Yes

Votes: 195 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 632 76.4%

• Total voters
If PD removes the standard cars will they be replaced with premium versions? The answer is no, and we will lose hundreds of awesome cars that will likely never be in another racing game again. PD's inclusion of standards have kept some of our favorite cars from past GT titles available to be used and I was happy to see that several cars were touched up for GT6.

Why would they never be in another racing game again? Look at all the cars that have been made popular or had renewed interest through Gran Turismo, and have been put in other games as a result. There's no reason to think that and it's a poor excuse to hold onto legacy content. It stalls progress.

No! A thousand times no! :lol: I'd probably still get GT7 if it had the same "standard/premium" division but it would be a complete embarrassment to have any PS2 era car models with texture-ized body panels and blacked out jaggy silhouette seats in them in a console with the power of the PS4. I won't call PD lazy because they're not but to still be re-using assets from 2004?? Come on. PD has been steadily upgrading the standard models & this is really making the OG standard cars ugliness really stand out. I cannot fathom an untouched standard car on the PS4, it would be horrible!

Definenly NO. The standard cars either has to be scrapped and redone from scratch into premium quailty, or scrap them altogether. PD will have to be crazy to add them back in GT7, but knowing them after GT5/GT6, they'll probably will because their so out of touch when making GT games nowadays...

All the PS3 Premium cars should be implented as GT7 Standard cars.
All PS3 Standard cars should disapear in GT7.
There should be made new PS4 Premium cars in GT7.

I'd say it would depend. If the Standards were the Premium models from GT6, then I'd say definitely. If they were still the same GT4 models, though, then that would be a different story.

I said yes, but I would like to put a * next to my vote.

I would like to see the standards that were nicely touched up, such as the RUFs. However, I would not like to see the massive amount of duplicates coming into GT7. All those standard R34, R33, R32 models? Scrap them. The only thing we need in place of those "duplicates" is a selection list of the trim/package of the car you would like. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R. List for base, Vspec, Vspec II, Vspec II Nur, M Spec, etc. We do not need trim levels and performance packs as separate cars.

What I would like to see are the standard Miatas because they have the premium exterior, and when you paint them they gain a stripe. :lol:
They still should follow the same guideline of selecting a trim/performance package from a list.

Scrap all of the ugly duplicates and nonexistent ones (Vauxhall Astra and Calibra touring cars), save for the Gran Turismo special ones which they should have modeled as premium already...

Once again, my answer is yes*

I think of it this way:

If PD removes the standard cars will they be replaced with premium versions? The answer is no, and we will lose hundreds of awesome cars that will likely never be in another racing game again. PD's inclusion of standards have kept some of our favorite cars from past GT titles available to be used and I was happy to see that several cars were touched up for GT6.

We always talk about options on this forum and if there was a filter for "Premium" cars only in races, I think that would solve many issues. They could tie this into an event creator and then the AI would populate only GT5 and up premium models.

Imagine not being able to drive the 1996 Corvette Grand Sport or the 90's FTO cars anymore. These have been in the game since GT1.
Another point I wanted to add to this is that nobody will stop you driving those cars in the first six game. Secondly having something new is surely a good thing, rather than drive the same thing over and over in each game? Which ties into the first point.

PD will be berated if it includes Standard cars in GT7. A higher level of consistent quality must be attained with PS4 and this is crucial considering the models in Forza 5 and what Project Cars will offer.

I would purchase GT7 if it contains Standards but I'll be both surprised and a little p'd off that PD are still behind the curve in this respect. I love GT so it would not be a game changer but I would have the feeling of being conned. Worst case scenario is we get semi-Standard models like the Nissan R390 GT1 and Road models with Premium exteriors and no interiors.

Cars to 'premiumize':

ZZII
3000GT VR-4 or GTO Twin Turbo
Cadillac Cien
Nardo
Saleen S7
Zonda C12S (Also, introduce the F/Tri-Colore/Cinque/HH/PS & PS 2013/760 Fantasma/etc.)
XJ220
GT90 (GT2)
Vector M12 (GT2)
Speed 12, & Speed 6
Pontiac GTO (Goat)
All distinctively different/highest performance versions of the NSX's, Miata's, Mustangs, Lancer's, Vipers, Corvettes, Camaros, etc.
All Iconic Muscle Cars

Leave out all dupes of older variations with very similar body styles (Keep most current & 'Special Edition' versions).
Premiumize 1 of each model before doing 2 of 1. (2 Huarya's?, 0 Agera's?= No bueno/unless the same model was used with different spec's.
Categorize each model under specific tabs by name, then year, and then special/limited/GT editions. Example:

Lamborghini> Murcielago- V
LP-640 '10> LP-640 '10 [Chrome Lined]
LP-640 '11
LP-670 SV '12

(I'm sure they're inaccurate, but they're just examples)
That's my 2 cents on the 'Premium/Standard GT7 dilemma...

PD will be berated if it includes Standard cars in GT7. A higher level of consistent quality must be attained with PS4 and this is crucial considering the models in Forza 5 and what Project Cars will offer.

I would purchase GT7 if it contains Standards but I'll be both surprised and a little p'd off that PD are still behind the curve in this respect. I love GT so it would not be a game changer but I would have the feeling of being conned. Worst case scenario is we get semi-Standard models like the Nissan R390 GT1 and Road models with Premium exteriors and no interiors.
Those tarted up models, whilst decent, are still quite a way off the quality of true premium models.

I voted no. Surprise:D While I can understand the desire of some people to want the standards in GT7 and don't begrudge them that in any way, they just don't belong in a next generation game. GT7's competition will look like the picture below. Including standards in the game would be the turning point for the series. It'll truly become an arcade game, and the laughing stock of the console sim community. Bite the bullet and move the franchise forward.

f1 motor.jpg

Good idea by the way @Samus

Tracks man, I want tracks. I look out the window, not at the interior. To each his own. The standards don't look that bad from the bumper cam.

In a way I agree with this, but knowing what the PS4 is actually capable of I voted no.

Voted NO. Hopefuly this will mean, that they will finaly be forced to get rid of the duplicate nonsense and model cars, that actually matter

I voted no, but only because I think they should all be premium.

No standards.

Just 1000 worthy premiums.

An easy way to keep everyone happy, is to bring back the race mods for all cars, then a few with dedicated real world liveries.

So 800 iconic Road cars, all race mod-able, then 200 or so dedicated race cars (LMP etc)

This would give 1800 cars overall, so a big shout in terms of modelling them all to a huge quality.

But I'd be happy with say 3/4's of that at launch, then the rest as DLC packs.

Or drop the dedicated liveries and bring an editor, then the possibilities would be endless (along with an NFS style Auto Sculpt feature, giving genuinely endless possibilities for personalisation)

Nope. If PD wants the title of best-looking sim-ish driving game on the PS4 (and I've no reason to doubt that's now their main goal, graphics), then it'll need to be without the massive asterisk that sat beside that title on PS3:

* - so long as you don't look at all the recycled PS2 assets, the vast majority of which hasn't been touched up since, and also makes up the vast majority of the current PS3 titles' assets.

PD had a reputation during the PS1 and PS2 eras that I think it hasn't quite lived up to with PS3. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a PS4 game with nothing but PS4-appropriate visuals.

I voted no. Surprise:D While I can understand the desire of some people to want the standards in GT7 and don't begrudge them that in any way, they just don't belong in a next generation game. GT7's competition will look like the picture below. Including standards in the game would be the turning point for the series. It'll truly become an arcade game, and the laughing stock of the console sim community. Bite the bullet and move the franchise forward.

View attachment 141860

Good idea by the way @Samus
Look at that fantastic photo! That detail! :drool: I'm very proud of pCARS and Forza 5's models. If GT7 adds standard cars, GT will become nothing more but a big joke in the sim market.

I mostly play the most recent cars, which are premium.
They've been around for so long their performance is probably not very realistic.

They've allegedly updated the physics for each game, right? Something tells me they didn't drive every single car again, if they ever did to begin with.

Then I can't understand why they don't just apply the premium miata skin to all the identical miata, it would be really easy to just change whatever minor details need to be changed.

But for me the standards mostly don't make sense because they aren't real cars any more. I don't feel like I'm almost driving something special, I feel like I'm driving a generic car.

Look at that fantastic photo! That detail! :drool: I'm very proud of pCARS and Forza 5's models. If GT7 adds standard cars, GT will become nothing more but a big joke in the sim market.
Yup, that's the case pretty much.

I said it once and I'll say it again, standards won't be necessary anyway. They were only in GT5 to make up for the small car count and kept in GT6 since some people would probably get mad if PD suddenly got rid of them.

GT7 will most likely have 500 fully-detailed cars including the premiums from GT5 Prologue -GT6 with the older premiums getting a bit of a touch up.

This poll makes my head hurt. 20%? Really? Do these people really want standards or they just ant particular cars that happen to be standard?

Yup, that's the case pretty much.

I said it once and I'll say it again, standards won't be necessary anyway. They were only in GT5 to make up for the small car count and kept in GT6 since some people would probably get mad if PD suddenly got rid of them.

GT7 will most likely have 500 fully-detailed cars including the premiums from GT5 Prologue -GT6 with the older premiums getting a bit of a touch up.
That's a very good number to accept for GT7, especially with all cars being fully detailed. :)

Well I have to say yes, The main reason is that the quality of the cars is not that high on my list of things I want to see in the next game. Leaderboards, car sharing, clubs, ability to save more than 3 tunes per car, more options for online racing and on and on.

I would also say that if I had to choose I would go for a sound upgrade over a graphics upgrade on the older cars and I also would not want some of the standards dropped, upgraded if possible sure but there are a lot of good ones in there that need to stay.

Look, GT6, I can maybe understand. They don't bother me in GT6.

But standards on a PS4 is where I draw the line. I don't care if all the cars lose interior views, I don't care if they cut back on the amount of cars, but we can't have PS2 style cars on the PS4.

The standards don't look that bad from the bumper cam.

They do when you're looking at them from bumper cam. Just because you can't see your own car, doesn't mean there isn't 15 more cars on track. Or are we using the awful AI to remove this as well? Since you'll always be in front you'll never have to look at the other cars either?

It's not even about interiors, it's about the cars looking like something that belongs on a 14 year old console.

I think of it this way:

If PD removes the standard cars will they be replaced with premium versions? The answer is no, and we will lose hundreds of awesome cars that will likely never be in another racing game again.

So your argument is that PD is too lazy/mismanaged to be expected to upgrade the important cars to premium, so it should be accepted that they take the bailout route of including assets two generations old?

Cool. I'm gonna use that one on my boss. "Did you really expect me to have a new product developed by the end of the year? Of course not, I'm far too incompetent for that. Here, have the thing I made ten years ago. It was good then, it's still good now, honest."

I rarely use standards in GT6 so I pretty much ignore them, for that reason I voted yes. However PD should premiunize the Daihatsu Midget II and the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak among others in then next GT.

P.S. it would be EVEN better if most cars were premium quality.

That's a very good number to accept for GT7, especially with all cars being fully detailed. :)
Yup, especially if some of the improved standards we have now actually get completed and become premiums that they worked so hard to become.

Anyway, I already gave a vote no this time round due to what I said above. With 500-600 cars possible for GT7, standards just aren't necessary and if they're kept; I hope that PD would at least allow us to select them off or something for car grids.

Back