Poll: Would you be happy with current standard cars in a PS4 Gran Turismo game?

• Thread starter Samus
  • 525 comments

Will you be happy with standard cars in a Playstation 4 Gran Turismo?

• Yes

Votes: 195 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 632 76.4%

• Total voters
I think if they're going to have PS2 cars, they should go the whole hog and bring back all the GT1/2 cars that are missing from GT6 (and race mods!). Not sure how sarcastic I'm being with that, the PS1 models are not really that much older than the PS2 models from the perspective of a PS4 game.

Actually, I think it would be relatively interesting if a game deliberately went for an extremely basic graphical style and had an enormous amount of cars. I'd be interested to see what a game with GT3/4 level graphics, GT6 level physics and 5000+ cars with significant visual customisation would be like. Such a game could claim to be an automotive encyclopaedia, and have that actually mean something.

I suspect it would be quite enjoyable, although it's a pretty different style.

What I don't enjoy is this horrible halfway house we have now, that is neither one thing nor the other. We don't have the sheer amount of content that should be the reward for sacrificing visual quality like the standards do. Neither do we have a game that has the visual clarity and perfection that one made with only premium assets would, you're always one corner away from being stabbed in the eye by the next jaggy standard.

Oh god the 20% has risen since I last checked this thread :lol:. I don't mean any offense by that is just that I don't get the logic behind wanting 2 generation old standards on the newest console.

Kaz and PD need to move on, this "master artist" thing they follow, where one person creates a premium, is killing them and they desperately need outsourcing. That age is gone and PD need to adapt. Updating a few models without interiors isn't good enough. All simulators left and right have accurately detailed vehicles, so why can't PD follow suit?

Oh god the 20% has risen since I last checked this thread :lol:. I don't mean any offense by that is just that I don't get the logic behind wanting 2 generation old standards on the newest console.

Kaz and PD need to move on, this "master artist" thing they follow, where one person creates a premium, is killing them and they desperately need outsourcing. That age is gone and PD need to adapt. Updating a few models without interiors isn't good enough. All simulators left and right have accurately detailed vehicles, so why can't PD follow suit?

It's not really matter of wanting them on the PS4. I think it's more of being ok if they don't get upgraded.

You must be 🤬 joking yes? Obviously the answer is NO. It would be UNACCEPTABLE. It would defeat the purpose of being a next gen game. More like PS2/PS3 gen.

I voted no, but like simon, I think many of the best standard cars need to be redone as premium. I actually rarely drive premiums, and I actually think PD gives standard cars a performance advantage over premiums.

I don't care about interiors, but the standard cars exteriors will really look out of place in a next gen game.

I voted yes, not just because of the graphical quality, but for driving the cars.

If a specific car could be simulated, but it's appearance would look like this, then I'd still be just as happy.

GT7 could launch with 450 Premiums and that would be more than acceptable assuming unnecessary duplication is avoided.

PD need a DLC programme that it will stick to, unlike the GT6 promise of cars plus a track a month, which turned out to be another element not adhered to.

B..bbut...:(

nrburgringnordschleife9m.jpg

JK ;)

Voted no because - let's be serious..PS2 models on PS4 would be a joke of the internet. I want consistency.

Last edited:
Yes. Of course it is best for standard cars to get upgraded, but to me, photo-reality and physical reality are good enough as of GT4. So I prefer more quantity.

I voted yes, not just because of the graphical quality, but for driving the cars.

If a specific car could be simulated, but it's appearance would look like this, then I'd still be just as happy.

I think you're one of a very few.

No, absolutely not. In the next-gen version of GT standards really have to go. It's been long enough as it is. Upgrade models of the more popular cars, get rid of the multiple versions of the same car with only small differences.

I will guarantee that current GT5/6 premiums will be the standard cars of GT7.

I'm pretty ambivalent. I wouldn't not like it if the Standards did carry over, but I can't see any justification or motivation for PD doing that next time.

I don't really care about being the butt of anyone's "joke", either.

Still, I'd prefer all the cars to be of the highest detail / quality, yet I recognise the need for pragmatism, even if that means decimating the car count again next time. I think the disparity between the time spent modeling new cars this gen and the actual number of new models appearing (not new cars, necessarily) is substantial, so I'm curious to see what use the remainder of that effort has been put to.

I didn't vote.

That answer makes no sense. Yes, you'd be happy with standards provided they weren't standards?

Semi-premium / Premium, I want to keep them.

Standard, no.

But I want to keep all the cars... I encourage PoDi to update these cars.

Last edited:
I went with no.

We've been forced to put up with standards for 1 console generation and it would be completely unacceptable to carry them to the PS4.

I voted no because in a PS4 game, why put in cars from two generations back? Even if you're not going to get 1000+ premiums this time around at least there is CONSISTANCY, a problem that affected GT5 and GT6.

The car list needs to establish a new base upon the 367 already present in GT6.

So, no.

That answer makes no sense. Yes, you'd be happy with standards provided they weren't standards?
I was slightly confused by the ambiguity of the poll.

I think we all want all the standards, just not as standards, but as premiums.

This is what @Zlork meant.

I was slightly confused by the ambiguity of the poll.

I think we all want all the standards, just not as standards, but as premiums.

This is what @Zlork meant.
The poll question to me sounds more like "would you like standard-quality models in the next game" rather than "would you like the cars that are standards in GT6 in the next game".

Latest Posts

Back