POLL - YES/ MAD NO/don't care about NO ONLINE MODE

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Kwik
  • 146 comments
  • 6,323 views

Are you mad about the new news? yes/no

  • HELL YES I AM MAD!!

    Votes: 97 40.8%
  • No, I wasn't going to race online anyway.

    Votes: 141 59.2%

  • Total voters
    238
Messages
209
Ok, with a punch in the gut bad news, are you Mad about the news of not having an ONLINE mode (yes) or you wasn't going to race online any way (no)


My personal opinion YES I am mad, all of the hype was the online racing against my fellow GTF members with no online mode it's only a game! We can't put to rest how fast we really are and settle most of it in the game online. I am sure the game is great but I don't know if I am even interested, I am used to linking up on GT3 but hell we can't even do that now that the I link isn't even an option on the new style PS2 or even the newer "old" style PS2's. NOT HAPPY Thanks Phony Digital.
 
Don't care,

To me Online was just A BONUS, the core of the game is single player mode.
 
Q. Am I mad about the news of not having an ONLINE mode.
A. No.

Any online racing I would be doing, would be with a select few people, if at all.
They are going to release an online version.

Stop with the kneejerk reactions.
 
I voted mad cuz I was sooo looking forward to racing my buddies online whenever we felt like it. But I'm not soo mad now though cuz according to IGN's TGS car list, the 87 Buick GNX is IN!!!! WHOOO!! 👍 👍
 
I was going to buy broadband and all so I could play online but Im mainly here for the GT mode etc. It would probably be bad quality game play anyway because I wasnt going to get anything more than 256k
Oh well, I can save my money from buying Network adapter and stuff for a real car :p
 
not so mad now, just gotta wait a couple of months.
 
I voted YES I AM MAD :grumpy:

but after the first shock I am glad to play GT4 offline in december and GT? online next year !!! :) (hopefuly :indiff: )

If the AI will be improved - its less hard for me missing the online-mode !!!

👍 KEEP SMILING :dopey:
 
supra_luva209
I was going to buy broadband and all so I could play online but Im mainly here for the GT mode etc. It would probably be bad quality game play anyway because I wasnt going to get anything more than 256k
Oh well, I can save my money from buying Network adapter and stuff for a real car :p
:lol: I already have cable. :p
 
I really don't care about online; I don't even know how to set it up, I just want to play. Besides, GT4 will have plenty of features to keep you guys busy. 👍
 
I'm not mad, just a bit dissapointed. I was going to race online. :)
It's just that the online part is not the main part for me, I would be mad if they made it a arcade only game. ;)
I'll have to wait till mid 2005(?) to play GT4 online with the expansion.
 
Sorry, guys ... I vote don't care, cause I honestly don't. Like to play alone at home, when I want and how I want. Just enjoy driving. For Online racing I use PC ...
 
people who don't want to play this game online, have most likley, never played *ANY* game online... all i can say to those people, ignorance is bliss, you don't know what you've been missing, keep it that way since GT4 won't have it ^_^.

been playing online games for about 10 years now.. (and PD says they can't implement it cause of network limitations.. hmm i must've been dreaming the past 10 years...)
and i gotta say, online is what makes a game enjoyable for years, i played Warcraft 2 for about 3 years, Starcraft for about 4-5 years, and Warcraft 3 for about 3 years, i've been playing CS for about 5 years or so (i quit playing.. then come back to it, and quit.. and now that CS: S is coming out, i'm playing that again).
I'm sure GT4 will be an awsome game... but will you be playing it 5 years from now as rigorously as you'd play it when you just bought it?
i know i won't, not with out online support, where you get to meet REAL challenges, not just some predictable and boring AI drivers.
let me just put it this way, if GT3 would've had online support, the results of this poll would be VERY different, because people would realize what they are missing. but again, for those of you who don't know.. keep it that way.
 
Cs, Warcraft, Starcraft all of those game are Multiplayer Based game, MASSIVE internet games, and it's on pc, GT4 is a Racing game on console. I played loads of multiplayer games and those games lacked depth in single player mode, multiplayer mode was a way of saving the game, in the case of Gt4, multiplayer was just a bonus to compliment the players that would end the game and want more challenge, up to this date I'm still playing Gt3, it has 1/2 the cars of Gt4, 1/2 the modes of Gt4, 1/2 the tracks of Gt4 and I'm STILL enjoying playing SINGLE player mode, I don't feel the urgent need for multiplayer. Imagine with Gt4, the fun would just never end in single player mode.
 
Pak
I'm not mad, just a bit dissapointed. I was going to race online. :)
It's just that the online part is not the main part for me, I would be mad if they made it a arcade only game. ;)
I'll have to wait till mid 2005(?) to play GT4 online with the expansion.

that's wishful thinking really, think about it... they have to finish the PSP version first, they'll just leave GT4 online for their spare time, afterall, they probably won't expect huge sales from that one (mainly because it's GT4... a game that's allready out).
and when they are finally done with the PSP version, (wich will end up being single player too, but with wireless lan support...) the PS3 developer kits should be shiping, wich means they start work on GT5 because it will take an even longer time to develop than GT4 because of the more demaniding detail the hardware is capable of reproducing, hopefully all the legacy bull**** stops at GT5 and they make a completley online capable engine, wich just happens to also be capable of having a real cockpit view (with original dashboards/interiors), damage, and variable weather effects, (mud/snow/rain on windshield would be cool too).
and of course that game won't shoip untill 2008 at best, because the PS3 is comming out in 2006, a 4 year development timeframe seems very optimistic because there will be a lot more work to be done.. lets just hope this time around they don't spend all the CPU power on just graphics, and now they get physics on not just how the cars handle, but how they would deform on a crash and deform the objects they crash into.
so where does GT5 leave GT4 online? if i'm right, on early development stages, sony will pressure PD to bring out GT5 to help the PS3 become a "system seller" just like GT3 did, lets just hope it's not a rush job like GT3 was.
 
SaintKamus
people who don't want to play this game online, have most likley, never played *ANY* game online... all i can say to those people, ignorance is bliss, you don't know what you've been missing, keep it that way since GT4 won't have it ^_^.

been playing online games for about 10 years now.. (and PD says they can't implement it cause of network limitations.. hmm i must've been dreaming the past 10 years...)
and i gotta say, online is what makes a game enjoyable for years, i played Warcraft 2 for about 3 years, Starcraft for about 4-5 years, and Warcraft 3 for about 3 years, i've been playing CS for about 5 years or so (i quit playing.. then come back to it, and quit.. and now that CS: S is coming out, i'm playing that again).
I'm sure GT4 will be an awsome game... but will you be playing it 5 years from now as rigorously as you'd play it when you just bought it?
i know i won't, not with out online support, where you get to meet REAL challenges, not just some predictable and boring AI drivers.
let me just put it this way, if GT3 would've had online support, the results of this poll would be VERY different, because people would realize what they are missing. but again, for those of you who don't know.. keep it that way.

Actually I have played an ass load of online games and yeah GT4 would be cool online but then I wont have time to finish the game throughly maybe after I finish the game I will play online for sure.
 
SaintKamus
people who don't want to play this game online, have most likley, never played *ANY* game online... all i can say to those people, ignorance is bliss, you don't know what you've been missing, keep it that way since GT4 won't have it ^_^.

been playing online games for about 10 years now.. (and PD says they can't implement it cause of network limitations.. hmm i must've been dreaming the past 10 years...)
and i gotta say, online is what makes a game enjoyable for years, i played Warcraft 2 for about 3 years, Starcraft for about 4-5 years, and Warcraft 3 for about 3 years, i've been playing CS for about 5 years or so (i quit playing.. then come back to it, and quit.. and now that CS: S is coming out, i'm playing that again).
I'm sure GT4 will be an awsome game... but will you be playing it 5 years from now as rigorously as you'd play it when you just bought it?
i know i won't, not with out online support, where you get to meet REAL challenges, not just some predictable and boring AI drivers.
let me just put it this way, if GT3 would've had online support, the results of this poll would be VERY different, because people would realize what they are missing. but again, for those of you who don't know.. keep it that way.

I agree, We race the old GT3 every Saturday night via I-link with the six pods 6 games 6 tv's 6PS2's and alot of wiring and cable. There are about 10 to 15 regulars that show up on saturdays to race. we have all got the broadband and have the new Force pro's and everything else it takes to race one another online. Now with no warning what so ever and waiting for ummmm let's see about 3 to 4 years we get let down. I will still buy the game but It's only about 1/4 the game for those of us who like a challenge from other warm blooded creatures should be getting!
 
The only reason I am disappointed that there is no online is the fact that GTP won't be able to have online competitions. However, I'd rather have a perfect single player game, than a very flawed and rushed online experience.
 
OK, so a little confused. GT4 itself will not go online? Or what? Sry, but I really don't understand this.

If you mean the GT4 coming out in Nov. will not have online capabilities, that sounds like crap, b/c its supposed to be confirmed and definately in.

If not that, fill me in.
 
SaintKamus
people who don't want to play this game online, have most likley, never played *ANY* game online... all i can say to those people, ignorance is bliss, you don't know what you've been missing, keep it that way since GT4 won't have it ^_^.

Are you done repeating the same damn thing over and over? I've played online and I do not need online capabilities in GT4. Get over it.
 
I voted NO because I can't get broadband where I live so I couldn't play online even if I wanted.

And by the way, I've been telling you since along time that GT4 was only delayed because of the damn online mode. :ouch: And worse, it won't even be in the final game. I knew the PS2 was not capable of this.

And you know what:I bet they will sell the expansion pack including the online mode with some Porsches, Lambos and Ferraris just to raise the sales. So guys like me who don't want online will have to pay for it just to get the cars we want.

See ya :sly:
 
McLaren F1GTR
OK, so a little confused. GT4 itself will not go online? Or what? Sry, but I really don't understand this.

If you mean the GT4 coming out in Nov. will not have online capabilities, that sounds like crap, b/c its supposed to be confirmed and definately in.

If not that, fill me in.
GT4 when released early December will not have online capabilities, however PD has said GT will go online in 2005, they will release another GT for that. Exactley how they will do this is unknown, ie we don't know if they will just re-release GT4 but with the added feature of if it will be different in any way or online only. All we know is PD are working on GT online still and it will appear next year on PS2.

Edit: This poll sucks big time, neither of thoes answers are for me, I'm dissapointed at the delay in online but not mad as I'd rather play GT4 offline now than have to wait until mid next tyear for the whole thing.
 
As long as the game comes out as they say,
I fine with it.
Although I'm alittle disappointed
 
Well,to be honest I'm relieved theres no online play. Why? Because we would be waiting alot longer than Dec for a release if PD perseviered with this mode and now the've decided to leave it out it looks like we'll se it this Christmas. Cooool. :) 👍
 
I just want the game to get here. Screw online.
 
Mad enough it's been removed not to buy it, no.
Disappointed it's been removed, yes.
With already having Burnout 3, I was seriously considering buying the Broadband adapter, in readiness for GT4. Now it's unlikely I will get it. Sony's dreams of using GT4 (together with the New PSTwo) to get Lot's of PS2's online seams to have failed. Without an enormous title like GT4 to drive sales (it's one on the consoles biggest names, only outstripped by the GTA series) the broadband adapter is likely to remain a niche product, and without a widespread user-base developers are unlikely to bother adding 'quality*' network play options.
*more than High score leagues and the like.
 
icemanshooter23
The only reason I am disappointed that there is no online is the fact that GTP won't be able to have online competitions. However, I'd rather have a perfect single player game, than a very flawed and rushed online experience.


how will online break the single player experience?
 
Search my posts for the words GT4 and online you may only come up with this one.

No not mad, dont care too much. Lan you say? if the fan base is big enough there wil be something like xbox connect for ps2, its is theretically possible.
 
Back